HOW OFTEN ON RM?

Pages: first 12 next last
Happy
Devil's in the details
Most of the people here work on Rpg Maker, but how often?
Do you work many hours per day, few days in a week, or only few days in a month?

Are you working on Rpg Maker at the moment as much as you used to before, or perhaps more than earlier? What makes you work a lot on it, drives you away, or makes you return to it time after time?

(wrong forum?)
I think this topic is fine here.

I use RMVX quite a bit. I have made significant progress on my project.

I think what drives me away is large projects that are a bit too ambitious, so I've been working on smaller ones as of late.
With my new promotion at work my hours of working on my game have dropped to barely any hours a day.

What makes me work on it a lot is just the idea of having fun and being able to actually design my own game.
author=Rei- link=topic=1940.msg31651#msg31651 date=1221416744
(wrong forum?)

Most of the people here work on Rpg Maker, but how often?
Do you work many hours per day, few days in a week, or only few days in a month?

Are you working on Rpg Maker at the moment as much as you used to before, or perhaps more than earlier? What makes you work a lot on it, drives you away, or makes you return to it time after time?

I often work on my project about 2-3 days a week. I don't really have anything stopping me, I'm just in a very slow production run. It may pick up again sometime in the future, but who knows!

I probably work on a project 1-3 hours a day. (A day being those 2-3 I listed above)

I'm not using RPG maker as much as I did when I first found it. Definitly not. I'm slowly working on a single project, trying to get that one done, instead of going and trying to complete about 20 at the same time. =P

What drives me? The fact that someone may play, review, and comment on my game. Makes me smile to see long reviews, too. I also look at games such as Hellion, Hero's Realm, Paradise Blue, Dragon Warrior 1-IV, Final Fantasy III, etc.
Everything he said is the same for me. When I first started my game (when I was 17) it was like six hours a day or something like that. Got a good foundation, but now it's a little bit at a time. Sometimes it's ten minutes a day, and sometimes it's two weeks or so without opening it at all. But generally, it's 1-3 hours a day 3-4 days a week. (sometimes it's every day like it has been this last month, but thankfully, my girlfriend is supportive and likes my game)

As for what drives me, it's totally a labor of love. I do it for me really, and I hope that someone else will enjoy it too, but it's not vital. The entire community could piss on my game and I'd keep working on it (though, I'd probably change a bunch of stuff)

I probably do it a lot slower than most and I am constantly redoing crap. And procrastinating on these forums. :)
It varies a lot depending on my motivation. Some days, not at all, other days, literally all day (and since I don't sleep much, that would be... like, 16-18 hours, or on a school day, 11-13ish.) I mapped a 70 map dungeon completely in a period of 48 hours. I can get very obsessive.
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
I'm pretty much constantly working on something. /shrug
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
All day, every day. I don't need a social life. <twitch>
YDS
member of the bull moose party
I use RPGmaker all the time when I have any spare minute. :(
It depends, when i have the drive to do something im on for probably a few hours, but most times rpgmaker opens when i start my computer and is quickly minimized
It's usually always at least open throughout the day and I do stuff here and there. I try to have some time to actually work on it exclusively. It works out pretty well.
author=YummyDrumsticks link=topic=1940.msg31756#msg31756 date=1221436476
I use RPGmaker all the time when I have any spare minute. :(
For every minute I spend in RM I probably spend half an hour in MSPaint.
I use RPG Maker here and there. Sometimes once a week. Although I am working on it more now that Uni has started again. I just need to be away from my main computer because I don't get shit done when I'm on it.

*edit*
Holy nonsense statements Batman!
I try to work on RM like 3 hours on average every day. The main reason why I'm taking so long is because Multiplayer games are hard to do, and well...combine that in with a lot of weridness at home and there you go! Hopefully the next game won't take as long. ^^
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
Wow, there is no short answer to this question for me. In the nine years I've been working on RPG Maker, I've mostly waffled back and forth between the two extremes of being "quit" of RPG Maker for months or years at a time, and feverish, marathon work sessions consisting of up to eight hours a day, up to seven days a week. Usually, this is the result of enthusiasm upon starting a new project; in my experience, said new project will either be finished very quickly, or I will lose interest and it will never be completed. Usually my "on" periods of RPG Maker don't last more than a few months.

There are only two projects I have worked on over the course of more than a year, successfully picking them up months later after leaving them off.

Right now, i.e. for the last two weeks, I work on RPG Maker VX (for Mage Duel) as many hours a day as I can, which is five to eight hours a day on the weekdays and whenever I can fit it in on the weekend. Will this change once I'm gainfully employed? Hell yes it will.

My current super-productivity session started around September 1st. I predict that it will end on or before Halloween, or sooner if I get a full time job that demands a lot of my attention, or if I start writing regularly again. My fervent hope is that a complete version of my current game will be done by then. Anyway, when that point comes, I may or may not "quit" RPG Maker and dissapear from the community again, but following my own pattern that has repeated six or seven times, I'll probably be back again in six to eighteen months.

For me it is very addictive. Sometimes, if I work on it too much before bed, I can't sleep too well because I keep thinking about it. Anyone else have that problem?
I like to think I spend enough time working on it, but I usually just sit there with it open, just randomly clicking on stuff then closing it.

It's usually open whenever i'm on the computer, but the amount of time spent actually working on anything depends on how pumped I feel.
It's usually open whenever i'm on the computer, but the amount of time spent actually working on anything depends on how pumped I feel, too.

That being said, I spend roughly...2-3 hours per week actually working on my games.

I usually work on my game for about an hour once every three days or so. I usually have social obligations or I'm at work, but when I do get a few minutes when I'm at home alone I'll open RM2k3 and work on it, sometimes for ten minutes, sometimes for hours on end (in one case, about eight hours)
I tend to do maybe 5 hours of RPGMaker a week if I get the chance - that's the trouble with working full time, you don't have so much free-time to play with.
Pages: first 12 next last