[RMVX ACE] [RUBY]

Pages: 1
Hello there.
I have finished my first programming course at university called Introduction to programming. And now studying a course called Data Structures. We use C++. I love programming and have started training for the ACM-ICPC. I shared all these so you know how much programming knowledge I have or the lack off :p

I want to learn Ruby to an extension such as I can edit others scripts for the rpgmaker on how it handles menus and stuff as I please or maybe makes menus myself.

But I am compeltely at a loss. Where should I start? How should I start? and etc.

Simplified request
Want to learn enough Ruby to make menus.

Pre thanks.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I would suggest looking at the Window_Command (which may lead you to looking into Window_Selectable and Window_Base), and Scene_MenuBase classes to see what was going on with them.

Though, perhaps, a look-see at Trihan's "Slip Into Ruby" series of articles could also be of use?
author=Marrend
I would suggest looking at the Window_Command (which may lead you to looking into Window_Selectable and Window_Base), and Scene_MenuBase classes to see what was going on with them.

Though, perhaps, a look-see at Trihan's "Slip Into Ruby" series of articles could also be of use?
I think this is exactly what I need. I will start today. Thanks.
I just constantly looked up the help file of ace and the reference document of ruby. Before I knew it, I slowly became less and less dependent on them and eventually internalised the important stuff.

Though I did start off with python beforehand, so that might've expedited things a bit.

Aside from Marrend's suggestion, you should also get ruby for your computer. It's much easier to test out things in the interpreter than through ace.
Pages: 1