WHERE DID ALL THE RM2K AND 2K3 TITLES GO?

Pages: 1
I went on the site today, and the vast majority of them aren't there anymore. What's going on?
They should be. Try RPG Maker Tsukuru 2000/2003. See, with the release of the engines legitimately we worried about people thinking games made in the illegal copies being thought of as made in the legit copies, so we added a new category based on the Japanese names of the engines. That being Tsukuru for the illegal copies.

So, yeah, for all effects and purposes there's two versions of 2k/3 - one for the legit release of the engine and one not. Check the Tsukuru version for most of the older games. ^.^)b
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
unfortunately for my supervillain agenda, liberty's post makes perfect sense. i was hoping to make a not-witty "because better engines came along" but i guess i missed the boat
author=Liberty
They should be. Try RPG Maker Tsukuru 2000/2003. See, with the release of the engines legitimately we worried about people thinking games made in the illegal copies being thought of as made in the legit copies, so we added a new category based on the Japanese names of the engines. That being Tsukuru for the illegal copies.

So, yeah, for all effects and purposes there's two versions of 2k/3 - one for the legit release of the engine and one not. Check the Tsukuru version for most of the older games. ^.^)b

Thanks, it's all good now :D
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
We need a sweep towards people porting their old games to the new engines. Maybe a one-time incentive to do so.
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
author=Craze
unfortunately for my supervillain agenda, liberty's post makes perfect sense. i was hoping to make a not-witty "because better engines came along" but i guess i missed the boat
AWWW, YOU BEAT ME TO IT!

Sorta glad, you put it way better than I would have.
BizarreMonkey
author=Sated
To be fair, Craze has almost a decade's worth of experience shitting on RM2K3!
A Champion Amongst Man.
Those games are illegal...?
Shit-nuggets.
BizarreMonkey
author=riderx40
Those games are illegal...?
Shit-nuggets.
THANKS DEGICA!!!

I mean, they were always illegal, just no one in the western market cared because whatcha gonna do?

Taddle on your fellow rpg makers to a company that frankly doesn't give a shit? In Japan they are primarily sustained off of magazines and have taken SO LONG to actually recognize their Western demographic.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
I'm glad i own rpg2k3 legally now.
BizarreMonkey
I've never played with it much which is why it's easy for me to rip on.

The RTP chipsets and music was pretty good, though.

I funnily enough, do own 2003 legally. Got it on a dirt cheap sale just so I was assured if it ever came to dealing with credibility.

I also legally own XP and VX/VX Ace and MV future-tense, now.

Ultimately I do buy each and everyone because among them lies treasure, XP has some really good music, sound effects and sprite bases.
Pages: 1