MAKING A NEW PROJECT!!

Pages: 1
I think the first thing that is not "fun" while starting a new project is trying
to make a full database..(All items,skills,battle animations...) it make's me really lazy at first but once you finish them all it gets all smooth.
So what do you start off after you open your editor.?
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

You know what's more un-fun than database entries in RPG Maker is entering this crap 50+ times before you even start the game... In RenPy

image Chloe1 = "Chloe1.png"
image Chloe1b = "Chloe1b.png"
image Chloe2 = "Chloe2.png"
image Chloe2b = "Chloe2b.png"
image Chloe3 = "Chloe3.png"
image Chloe3b = "Chloe3b.png"

But in RPG Maker the first thing I do is add scripts, usually before database.
I just start messing around with the database terms and make them fit what I'm shooting for in the actual game. Then I either make the first map as a parsing point for certain mechanics or go get my first scripts.
I delete everything in the database that isn't animations and skills. I then make a new list of skills after the default list and start on character creation.
The first thing I do when making a new project is not opening RPG Maker until the project is brainstormed and designed.
In Ace:
Wipe Database; Change game font to Courier New 21pt; Play Dungeon4 in Sound Test; Proceed to do nothing.

Anywhere else:
Open gedit; Type random, supposedly gam-mak related stuff; Close gedit; Proceed to do nothing.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
• Know what you want going into it.
• Plan out a gripping intro and implement it so that you have something to play.
• Build off of the past section of the game in a meaningful way until the credits roll.
Release game.

Congratulations on the past year of your life.

Pages: 1