[POLL] WHAT KIND OF GAME SHOULD *I* FOCUS ON?

Poll

What kind of game should I focus on? - Results

Traditional RPG
5%
post-apoc RPG
0%
Befuddle Quest 7
15%
Aether Pulse
5%
Explore Because Stuff!
10%
My "A" game
7%
You just lost the game
10%
fucking just finish your existing games already fuck
46%

Pages: first 12 next last
let the debate begin

fuck.
Hero's Realm mobile of course
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
I should devote some time of my day to play your games first kentona.
Any reccomendations?
author=Mirak
I should devote some time of my day to play your games first kentona.
Any reccomendations?

if you like traditional SNES-esque RPGs then yes.

otherwise... probably not.

author=GreatRedSpirit

buy me MV
author=kentona
author=GreatRedSpirit
buy me MV

Only if you complete the following three IMPOSSIBLE tasks:

1) Change your avatar to something cool
2) Change my username to "Leviathan Leviathan" (sans quotes)
3) Finish Befuddle Quest 7
1) My avatar is awesome and u kno it
2) LL isn't as cool as GRS
3) I promise (you forgot to specify a deadline muahahaahhaa)
author=kentona
1) My avatar is awesome and u kno it
2) LL isn't as cool as GRS
3) I promise (you forgot to specify a deadline muahahaahhaa)

Fortunately I did say complete so I can hold off on buying MV to give you until you're done! Only exception is if you do them when I'm dead (because I'd be dead and dgaf) or if in the distant world of 2034 when we're all game making on our holographic hoverboards that MV doesn't run on then I'll just say 'no' and buy you some equally-priced booze instead.

e: quote failure
I still think Ace is a great engine even with 32 pixels instead of 48.
I don't know what you should be focussing on because you can get a bit fuddled when making a lot of games. Like, there's all those quests and battles and stuff to focus on. It's like doing seven things all at the same time - hard to decide.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I will buy you RPG Maker MV if you'll make a new game with me using it. But you have to do all the maps and all the pixel art.
Better add a stipulation that he's not allowed to use the RTP and can't use the Sample maps... Else all he'll do is grab a bunch of 'em. ;p
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Yes, when I say you have to "do" the visuals, I mean "create and implement," not just "deliver."
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
author=GreatRedSpirit

Hero's Run
author=LockeZ
you'll make a new game with me using it.

so... I like stand over your should and direct you while you make the game?
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
I say you lost because I don't know about your games much, but i recommend if you're asking this question then you probably should take a large break and then think of what you'd like to work on, be it new or old.
author=BizarreMonkey
I say you lost because I don't know about your games much, but i recommend if you're asking this question then you probably should take a large break and then think of what you'd like to work on, be it new or old.

it's been about 3 years since I finished a game (other than a community game like Last King of Hyrule)

I am so break I am broken
I'd say BM lost since he's never played Hero's Realm from the sounds of it.
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
author=kentona
it's been about 3 years since I finished a game (other than a community game like Last King of Hyrule)

I am so break I am broken

I feel the same; it's almost been two years since I finished Resume (I made Mirror Boy in three days so it doesn't count)

I know you don't have a lot of free time, so I'd say come up with some sort of very, very minimalist design and try and finish that! Something where you can get avoid art, mapping, and / or whatever your least favorite parts of gamedev are.
Make something in a non-translated Super Dante rom save and post that.
Pages: first 12 next last