PROJECT; PEACEFUL FOLK

Pages: 1
Greetings! I have very recently decided to buckle up and make a game. It will be on the simple side of things, but hopefully different enough to pop out/catch attention at least a little.

I won't get into story/mechanics detail here or yet, not until more progress have been made, so for the time being I will update with resources and whatnot as their made. I will say that it's going to be a platformer-RPG hybrid, inspired by the gameplay of Valkyrie Profile.

Main character sprite and portrait, and the party's "assistant" who follows them around and helps them.

And the tiles I have made up so far with a test screen to see how they all look and work together.

C&C is so welcome and appreciated, I obvs want this to be the best it can be.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Simple is good. There's absolutely nothing wrong with being simple but doing your game's primary thrust well.

I can't give you a lot of pixel advice as i am not an expert, but i really like the sort of medieval french tapestry feel? like a more vibrant version of ye olde banners. pretty sweet. the only thing i don't love is the blue otuline around the plant buds/leaves. it looks kinda odd against the yellow-green parts (but mostly fine elsewhere).

I really like the owl guy. I'm a huge fan of antlers on characters so GOOD JOB
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
I like this! This is really pretty! Keep us posted on this! This game looks like it might be my particular variety of unusual!
Craze
If a proper pixel pusher is trying to get feedback on pixels, it seems fine enough for the art forum. That's basically what pizza does on top of a few random drawings, after all.
charblar
"wait you made this a career?"
I agree with craze if someone wants to dump too then it's basically their own thread so hey might as well put stuff somewhere.
I really like the colors and style it looks great keep it up!
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Right, if I've got a bunch of art I want to show off, what's the point in dumping it somewhere it's going to get buried? There's a whole forum here for people to make threads about their art.
Craze
Are you looking for specific feedback though, Sated? Because Homunculous is.
Everything is looking great so far- the only critique I have is that the foreground trees and midground foliage in that mock up are making it hard to see your character sprites. In addition to that, the foreground and midground trees being the same colour is a little odd feeling to me.

Also, in your tileset image, the red and blue pieces are looking a little blurry/hard to read on my end.

I still envy your ability to create palettes. They're really astounding, and they kick the shit out of all of my colours!
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Enough talk about whether this thread should exist, more pictures! Love the style.
My only thought is: can you create a background hue/shade for trees? If trees in the foreground and bg, it is confusing to look at.
Lato
Infantry for life!
The color work looks really tripy,nice to see you making a game after all these years.
Pages: 1