RPG MAKER MV IS A LARGE STEP BACKWARDS

author=kory_toombs
Liberty keeps telling us to go to another website to post things to improve to a person who is a member of RMN?

I keep posting links to a site area where you can help MV improve, not a person. Posting in general, too, not at any one person. You go over there and complain as well if you want. Everyone go over there and point out the issues they find wrong with MV and how they'd go about fixing them (or just general ideas of what needs fixing). That way they'll know what to work on... because they have the go-ahead from Kadokawa to do so, now.
unity
You're magical to me.
I started a new topic on this, that way people who aren't keeping up with this thread will know that they can suggest improvements for MV. Hopefully it's not too redundant XD;;;;
I considered starting a new thread about three times but decided not to because effort. XD
unity
You're magical to me.
Haha, well, most of the post was me quoting you, so I too went with minimal effort XD
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
i mean liberty it tells you the answer to the square root of 9, you don't have to do out the math
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
I give MV my best rating ever: two thumbs over.
author=kory_toombs
Liberty keeps telling us to go to another website to post things to improve to a person who is a member of RMN?

I do not have the time to read through pages of a forum to find suggestions, etc. I need to evaluate each suggestion, put a check box (the improvement boards is the same as Stack Overflow) and then reference them later in our team site. The PM Box in RMN isn't quite friendly for me too especially the lack of search function.
In my opinion, I don't think MV is great. Don't get me wrong, it looks nice, and has some added features Ace lacks, but $70 for something that okay-ish just seems a bit much. If I was rich, I guess I'd buy it, but as of now Ace is just hands down better.
But that's just me.
Gotta' be honest here, after rage quitting MV for a short while and now getting back to production on Veritas, I gotta' say, it's running a whole lot better for me.

That whole memory leak problem seems to have been patched. No more slowdown, at least that I'd experienced. It's really nice: now I no longer have to shut it down and re-open it again.

Only problem I'm having is that sometimes items usable in combat such as potions, while almost always working fine in 90% of situations, will sometimes only be able to target just one particular member of the player's party. May be related to a Yanfly add-on, though.
author=BlackWolf1992
If I was rich, I guess I'd buy it, but as of now Ace is just hands down better.

To be fair and despite my gripes with MV, it does have more raw power capabilities than Ace. And once MV's problems get fixed, it likely will be more viable than Ace for larger commercial projects. But I think for smaller hobby projects, Ace will get the job done.
author=SgtMettool
author=BlackWolf1992
If I was rich, I guess I'd buy it, but as of now Ace is just hands down better.
To be fair and despite my gripes with MV, it does have more raw power capabilities than Ace. And once MV's problems get fixed, it likely will be more viable than Ace for larger commercial projects. But I think for smaller hobby projects, Ace will get the job done.

Oh yeah hands down MV is great for more commercial projects, it supports HTML5, and some phones (forgot which ones) I do like that about MV but I don't know if I could get use to the java-plugins. I'm so use to Ruby scripts.