RPG MAKER MV IS A LARGE STEP BACKWARDS

Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=Craze
well that's half the problem. editor lag aside, if we went from XP to MV everybody would have shit themselves. but... we didn't.

Yeah. Like, the more I'm toying with this engine, the more I find myself wondering "why not go back to Ace?" While Ace doesn't have multi-platform support and a smaller resolution, it's at least stable.
I'm really enjoying MV but I've been noticing that editor lag. I thought it was just my computer, to be honest.

Now I know there is a Yanfly plug-in for some of the sound lag which is nice, but I hope some more improvements come out for this over time.

I think I'll complete my current game with MV, then consider going back to VX Ace after it's all wrapped up.
in rpg maker mv script have to be compiled into a plugin, then imported into the rpg maker just to be tested every time it shall be tested.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
andreasaspenberg
in rpg maker mv script have to be compiled into a plugin, then imported into the rpg maker just to be tested every time it shall be tested.

this is incredibly false, as stated by both liberty and i earlier
it is not false. windows will not save anything while it is open in a different program so, in order to keep the plugin loaded while it is being edited the entire rpg maker needs to be closed or else it will not save in windows. maybe it works in mac os but in windows it does not.
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
You don't have to close the entire RPG Maker, you just have to stop test play and restart it for plugin changes to take effect, which makes sense since the plugins are loaded when the game starts.
andreas, you keep bringing up the same point that has already been talked about over and over again - stop it. You're just derailing the topic and wasting people's time.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
actually, time is wasting my people.
Ratty524
actually, time moves ever onward and people are irrelevant.
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
Waste is actualising my time-people.
unity
You're magical to me.
Don't Hug Me I'm Low on HP
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Don't... you need to close test-play to re-do scripts with VX Ace? I have no idea what andreasaspenberg is even talking about. Then again, I have not been following this thread at all, so, I'm probably missing a few things, here.
Watching game like this ...

... that i can play online (here) ... i don't know if it's "A LARGE STEP BACKWARDS"

Oh, yes ... it can be improved. Everything in the world can be improved. Time to time.
Ratty524
That game looks kind of 'meh' actually.
Well, just the fact that you can now embed games to be played over a browser means a lot to some people, which I think freank was getting at. Granted all we can see is a rather typical battle system. Who knows? The game might be pretty good. :shrug: