THE MVLYMPICS! {SIGN UPS ENDED}

Yeah, sign me up I suppose. I should be free to do some stuff at that point.
marimo
Nessiah's Seme-kun
o/ OH PLZ..I will try for the glory of my ancestors.
charblar
"wait you made this a career?"
Sure I'll join in I've needed more time to play with MV anyways!
I'll see what I have time for. Sign me up :)
Starts trial download...

Looks at the 1.1 GB filesize.

Cancels download of MV.

><
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
author=Luchino
Starts trial download...

Looks at the 1.1 GB filesize.

Cancels download of MV.

><

rip in pepperonis m80 :(
All because people were bitching that they didn't get to have access to all the resources with the trial. :/
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
Sign me up! Time to show of my mvabs!
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
This is probably veering into dumb question territory, but does participating in this event require RPG Maker MV?
Yes, but there is a free trial available for download (though apparently it is now over a gig (FFS) so I'd recommend starting to download early).
I'll join, why not? It'll be good for me to actually release some stuff, haha
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
Alright, I'll sign up, although I may be unable to actually participate since I'll be out of town on vacation. Still, doesn't hurt anything to sign up.

(I just finished installing the trial.)
mjshi
Jack of Most Trades
Let me hop on this bandwagon as well owo

edit @Liberty: When I downloaded the trial it was only 560something MB... what the heck did they do to it xD
People were bitching that they didn't get all the resources so the ever-kind team decided to let people have them all with the trial. Frankly I'd have told them to shut up and buy the full version if they wanted full access but alas, I am not as nice as Degica is.
Well, that sucks big time. With my current internet speed, it will take me 23 hours to download the trial. ><
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
It was 1.2 gigs for me. But I have a good connection speed. Still, it was big enough to make me think twice before downloading it.
My favorite things are contests. Sign me up, I eagerly await the challenges.
I noticed on the splash page it said download the trial...
I preordered it, so it's cool if I use the full version or do I need the trial?
author=Luchino
Well, that sucks big time. With my current internet speed, it will take me 23 hours to download the trial. ><
I'm asking on the site if there's a way they can make it smaller files or something. It's pretty fucking stupid the way it is now.

@philteredkhaos - it's fine to use either. ^.^ The trial is for those who don't have the engine themselves, yet.
Looking at my install minus the extra DLC, the graphical assets are ~280MB, the audio assets are ~670MB. My suggestion would be to remove the m4a music (where are they even used? The Essential Add-ons DLC doesn't even have m4a versions available unless the user reencodes them) and reencode the OGGs at a lower bitrate (one is encoded at something ridiculous like 499kbps or so). That's the vast majority of the space right there.