THE MVLYMPICS! {SIGN UPS ENDED}

You know, I think I might actually be able to spare a weekend for this. If not, eh, nothing ventured nothing gained and all that. Glad I pre-ordered this.

Sign me up and I'll see if I can't get far ahead on my school work. This'll be fun.
Caz has decided to join us too... she totes wasn't ...convinced... in any way.
Is it worth signing up for this with no scripting knowledge and very limited RPG Maker knowledge in general?

I mean... hey, I might learn something. Sign me up, I guess.

(But I need to get the program first, so I'll bow out if something gets in the way of that.)
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
y me no on da lest?! I demandz to be addeth!
author=Liberty
I'm asking on the site if there's a way they can make it smaller files or something. It's pretty fucking stupid the way it is now.

I'd appreciate that, Libby ( and those of us who have terrible internet speeds would too ).
5 days!

Time to start making assumptions as to what Libby has in store for us.

My guess is that it's a dance competition.
Deltree
doesn't live here anymore
I reckon I'll sign up. I'll actually be out of town on the 8th and beyond, so I'll cram what I can into one day!
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
author=Cecil_Beoulve
5 days!

Time to start making assumptions as to what Libby has in store for us.

My guess is that it's a dance competition.

I hope for a deer pong.

edit: beer
I'd love to give it a try as long as I don't have to be present during the evening hours.
Sign me up as well, please. :)

Also, I have several questions:
-Say if I completed my game, should I send it to you via a message or just make a game thread on this forums and post a link of that on this thread?

-In what timezone the deadline is?
author=Luchino
author=Liberty
I'm asking on the site if there's a way they can make it smaller files or something. It's pretty fucking stupid the way it is now.
I'd appreciate that, Libby ( and those of us who have terrible internet speeds would too ).

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/48944-rmmv-trial/#entry485541
Add your voice in this thread, if you've time. They'll pay more attention if more than just one person asks for it. ^.^;

author=pareidolon
I'd love to give it a try as long as I don't have to be present during the evening hours.

Any time is fine. ^.^

author=Mak-Star
Sign me up as well, please. :)

Also, I have several questions:
-Say if I completed my game, should I send it to you via a message or just make a game thread on this forums and post a link of that on this thread?

-In what timezone the deadline is?

More information will come about the actual particulars of the event, including how to send in entries and the timezones.

I did a useless test and after removing the m4a files from the default audio assets and reencoding the BGM to 192kbps VBR OGG files from... whatever the fuck they were before I reduced the file size of the audio folder from 673MB to 200MB. I can't comment on the contents of the trial itself though, if they have the same files as the purchased product (I'm going to assume 'yes', I can't download the trial because the subscribe/download system gave Opera a white webpage after I gave it a garbage email because fuck that. Also its a gig and my ISP has bandwidth restrictions).

Because I hate myself I threw the Battlebacks1 at PNGOut with maximum compression and saved another ~25% on filesize (85MB to 60.7MB). Too bad Irfanview's batch converter can't handle alpha channels, I can't do any work on any other asset because of it.
I always wanted to sign up to one of these events even though I have to go to a game convention on saturday, but maybe I will have time to participate in this as well. So count me in!
TehGuy
Resident Nonexistence
author=GreatRedSpirit
My suggestion would be to remove the m4a music (where are they even used?

I think the iOS/Android build options make use of thsoe where as the desktop ones make use of OGG

That being said, you could probably push the OGG files down to ~128 kbps and still be fine
author=Liberty
http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/48944-rmmv-trial/#entry485541
Add your voice in this thread, if you've time. They'll pay more attention if more than just one person asks for it. ^.^;

Posted in that thread. Mind you, it's the first time I've posted on RMW in a long, long time.
I've been waiting for this contest!I'm in~!
SIGN ME IN! SIGN ME IN! Please, SIGN ME IN! *says while being pushed by a crowd of anxious people, then gets squished between the mass, and faints, as if he drowned*.