BUTTON COMMON EVENTS

Pages: 1
SO I'm trying to figure out how to make a common even to have a dialogue come up and I want it to look similar to those in Mad Father but I'm not sure what scripts I'd need to input in order to have the image be on the screen but not have the simple face in the chat dialogue.
Which engine are you using?

Regardless, couldn't you just use the Show Picture event command (to show the image)?
RPG Maker VX Ace I could use that but that's where I get confused, how could I set it up to get rid of it when the button is pressed? it will stack the photos on top of each other and that's what I'm having a problem with
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
You just want big portraits above the dialogue boxes, right?

Just use Show Picture right before the text box, and Erase Picture right after it.
How would I open and close a text box? I've never done this before in a common event for dialogue. I used something similar to make a custom menu but not dialogue which is why I'm probably confused and making this more complicated than it should be.
I uncomplicated it thank you! Sorry for being really stupid in this moment. >_<
Pages: 1