3%
Subject M37
0%
Sweet Tooth
11%
Zeigfried's Depression
7%

Pages: first 12 next last

The games have been made, there's been time to play and now it's time to vote on them.

Who will win?

In alphabetical order, here are the games!

CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
I've only played 3 of these. I really need to get to it.
I didn't hear anything about these games.
There was a big event about them all through october, when they were made. Last week was dedicated to playing them. They had a spot on not only the front page but also the pinned bar and the like.

Play, then vote~
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
Finally got through all of 'em! Here are my thoughts:

Cheetahmen 52
  • Heh...

• Second level felt impossible. Closed it down after that.

Cafe Closedown
  • The artwork is nice!

• ... There really is no way to reopen the shop, is there? Once I delved into it a bit more, though, I think I sort of got the point. A very interesting concept with some unconventional endings!

Deckiller's Return
  • You returned with a bang! The game is short but the level design was quite stellar.

• Red coin hunts to collect secret stars are annoying, but I think you alleviate all the negative aspects about red coins by making your levels short and relatively linear.

Droid Age
  • Camera control is kind of awkward. Slowly sliding the mouse seems to send the camera to crazy angles.

• I played this at the lowest resolution and it still lags on my PC. :(

• Overall, it's a decent entry. It's not everyday I get to play a 3D platformer on this site.

MinST
  • Even after restoring it from my obnoxious firewall, I couldn't open it.

Project October
  • Yeeeeeaaaaaah... I don't really know what to say on this one. I kind of got bored of it by around the 3rd level.

Subject M37
  • So this is what happens when you mix Portal with Mario, eh?

• You've got some typos and spelling mistakes here and there.

• Still... I kind of digged this one! While the graphics were kind of bland, the level design worked well for what it aimed to achieve. Nice work!

Super Pantito
  • Oh my god you beat everyone in your presentation! It's stellar!

• Your game has a major flaw, however, in that the background art stands out too much. When you have tiny projectiles you need to focus on dodging, this is pretty crucial. It was hard to discern some objects on the screen as a result and I kept dying a lot.

• No continues? :( Still, I really enjoyed playing this (I guess I have a bias since these are my type of games)

Sweet Tooth
  • Intro was funny

• On some days it seems like your actions don't really affect much, yet on other days it randomly does. Is there a clue to each day that I'm missing? If not, then the whole thing feels like it relies on trial-and-error. This especially made the ending I got from this game (Incompetent) feel as if the game was cheating me.

The Shards of Pluto
  • Are the controls explained on the game page? I couldn't figure them out here, so I just randomly died, and how do you continue? Yeah...

Ziggy's Depression
  • Seems pretty solid! I would chew you out on some sins you committed with your level design (not having secret pipes, no starmen? no hidden blocks? etc.), but this isn't meant to be a truly conventional Mario game to begin with.

• I suck at SMB1, though, so I only got as far as the beginning of world 2. :(

I'm going to put my personal vote towards Super Pantito.
I've voted without having played any of them.

Take that, democracy!
That’s how people usually vote for most politicians, but, hey – at least you voted and that’s what really counts in the end, right? :D
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
It's sad that I won't be able to play most of these entries. I simply don't have enough time. But of the 4 entries that I played (Cheetahmen 52, MinST, Super Pantito, and Sweet Tooth), and the 1 entry I watched an LP of (Deckiller's Return), I'd say that while all entries were decent, I enjoyed Super Pantito the most. It's an exceptional game.
What's the point of doing an event with no RM allowed on rpgmaker.net?
unity
You're magical to me.
author=Deacon Batista
What's the point of doing an event with no RM allowed on rpgmaker.net?

A lot of people showed up, made games, and had fun. What more point does their need to be? :D

This is a site mostly for RPG Maker stuff, but not only for RPG Maker stuff. I think it's cool that they decided to encourage people to broaden their horizons.
Because we don't cater to just RM. We have a shit ton of other engines that we support and allow on the site - in fact the first games on the site were made with ika and sphere so... rpgmaker is in the name but that is not all we are - it is not all we've ever been, either.

That's why.

Also, about a day left to this poll, so unless there's some last minute swings...
And the numbers are in.

Third Prize goes to...

AND

A draw between two great games! (Unfortunately, while the poll has Decky's game as tied with these two, there was an accidental misvote, meaning his was one less than shown on the poll.)

Second Prize goes to...

Congratulations Ratty! You take home the second prize with your Legend of Zelda fangame! Great job!

First Prize goes to...

Great job on your game! SP is an awesome little game and I think we all agree that it deserved to win.

All games will receive their badges in the next day or so! Congrats to all who took part! You did a great job finishing your games~
Ratty524
Wait. Despite Super Pantito Sweeping the polls it didn't win because it wasn't marked completed? The game I played had a clear ending to it and very much felt like a completed game, or was it just a prototype to an extended version (Mirak would have to verify)?
As far as I saw, it's both not marked complete and sounds like it's still in dev.
It seems like democracy has failed us...

Oh well. Congrats to whomever won on the win and all the other nominees that were also involved in this. Good job, everyone. :D
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
But my game is completed. :C
Did i miss something? I put the release date at the proper time.

I mean you guys did play it no?

EDIT: Ooooh i get it, i didn't know i had to label the game page completed manually, i thought the page asked you for a completion date so it would automatically switch to completed then.

So i lose because i forgot about this detail? Aw shucks.
The achieveo’s aren’t fully handed out yet – so there still might be time, Mirak.

Otherwise I’m going to start telling my kids that 4 is a greater number than 7.
Ah, if it was complete then that's another thing altogether. I saw that it wasn't completed, sighed, and edited the thing. Frankly, if it hadn't been completed then it wouldn't have won, even if it got the highest votes because the rules were pretty frank in that regard. In this case it's a miscommunication issue, so some adjustments are in order.

Always remember to mark your games, kids!

Edit: Fixed. Congrats to all winners, no matter your placement.
Ratty524
And I was just about to give Mirak the Goofus Award for not marking his game page properly. :P

Congratulations, dude! You've earned your win.

I also congratulate the two people who made the visual novel games. Both were pretty good, though I think Cafe Closedown is way better!

... That aside, I wonder why nobody really followed this event?
Pages: first 12 next last