[RMVX ACE] STRANGE GLITCH PROBLEM

Pages: 1
my problem is that i encountered a strange glitch on the world map in the game i am working on that enables characters to walk on water and ships to go on land. last time i tested it before that everything worked and i have not added any more events on the world map. what in the world could be causing that issue?
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
Check your tileset in the database. Is everything set properly (that is, are the water autotiles and the land autotiles in the right spot, as specified in the resource standards)?

Did you add any new scripts prior to testing?
i copied a tileset somewhere else as a means of solving the issue but now it have glitched further so now i can not move at all. the original glitch however is still present. i must have saved too many times, causing data to start corrupting. exactly what data it is that have corrupted i can not tell and that is where i need help.
Very likely you've messed with the setting for tilesets. Go to your tileset tab in the database.

On the right hand side is a list of options. The first one is like this:

See the O and X on the tiles? O means you can walk on that tile. X means you can't. There's also a * (star) setting which makes that tile show above the hero.

Make sure you have Os on the tiles on which you're supposed to walk - for all tilesets (A, B, C, D and E - if a tile on E that you're supposed to be able to walk on is set to X, then it doesn't matter if the A tile under it is set to O, it won't be walkable. Also make sure that the first tile on B tileset is set to either O or star, and you'll always want that tile to be empty.)

If all that checks out, try the next option below Passage - Passage (4 Dir)

This will create a bunch of arrows. Each arrow represents where you can walk in that tile. So if all arrows are present on a tile, you can walk all over it. If no arrows are present on a tile, you cannot walk on top of it. If the top arrow is missing, you can walk left and right and down on that tile, but you will not be able to walk up past it.

The other options don't really affect walking, so ignore them (Ladder marks a ladder tile as a ladder so you always face up on it, Bush marks a tile as deep grass or shallow water - making it so you can see part of your hero in it, Counter marks a tile as something that can be interacted past - like a counter in a shop -, Damage floor makes the floor do damage to you and Terrain flag lets you mark a tile as a certain terrain type for eventing purposes.).

If that's not it, it might be a region issue. Make sure all tiles are set to no region.
i cheched that but everything checks out. i know what i am doing when it comes to tilesets. the passage menu shows no arrows though and clicking with that menu open does nothing. could that be a bug in the rpg maker?
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
... Yeah, that definitely sounds weird.

Have you tried reinstalling the program? Just save your work, uninstall, reinstall and reactivate with the product key if you have it.

Is this the stand-alone version or the steam version of Ace you are using?
Post a copy of your game with the offending map so we can see it
C:\fakepath\exa

i uploaded it to the hive workshop but i am uncertain if it worked correctly so you will just have to report back if you can not download it. the link is the first line in the post. i have done some more research on the problem and, it seems that characters ignore terrain and only rellies on the field in the top left corner of the b tab. that was fixed by setting a star there. the problem is no solved, not thanks to you. i figured it out on my own.
Pages: 1