[RMMV] ANIMATED BATTLE SCENES

Pages: 1

Here's a plugin that I'm currently developing for RPG Maker MV.

All of the previous makers have animated battles, so I figured I will try to implement my own version as well for MV, because static backgrounds are kind of boring.

This plugin will be an event tool that allows you to essentially create your battle scene using a set of commands. It's like making cut-scenes, except for your battles.

For example, you can say

"Have the background scroll from right to left at 5 pixels per frame"
"Have the battlers placed on top of the foreground so that they will move with the foreground"

And things like that. I demonstrate the results in the video above.

Ultimately, I would like to be able to create all kinds of complex cut-scenes related to battles. For example, if you have a summon skill and you would like to animate it, you could event the animation entirely, but that's not on the list at the moment since that's pretty far down the road.

What kind of things would you like to be able to do in your battles?
What kind of ideas do you have when it comes to cut-scenes during the battle?
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=Tsukihime
What kind of things would you like to be able to do in your battles?
What kind of ideas do you have when it comes to cut-scenes during the battle?

I have no answer to either of these questions, but this looks incredibly awesome.
author=Ratty524
I have no answer to either of these questions, but this looks incredibly awesome.

help spread it around! Maybe someone will see it and have some random idea they want to see.

Anyways, I received a suggestion for adding "multiple" layers of images.
For example, instead of just being battle backgrounds, you could potentially have foreground images (that would cover the actor/enemy sprites)

Like if you're on a train and you go in a tunnel, you might want the tunnel to block the actors/enemies momentarily.
author=Tsukihime
Anyways, I received a suggestion for adding "multiple" layers of images.
For example, instead of just being battle backgrounds, you could potentially have foreground images (that would cover the actor/enemy sprites)

This plugin sounds fantastic. The test video already got me excited, but multiple layers sounds even better. The overall concept already grants so much room for creativity! :)

Maybe an option of even having the background as a series of animated frames?
Dear goodness... This is amazing, especially in MV too. Let's just hope nobody gets sea sick haha.
Pages: 1