[VX ACE] TRIPLE TRIAD GAME BASED ON RMN GAMES?

Pages: 1
This was just a little idea I had that I think, if enough people supported it, would be pretty interesting! Plus it wouldn't take long to churn out with the proper level of interest/support from members.

I was thinking of Triple Triad and the script that perfectly emulates it VX Ace (which a few Final Fantasy fangames make good use of), and I was thinking that it could be interesting if a fun little game was created around RMN that uses the Triple Triad script. All cards would be notable heroes, monsters, or villains from RMN's vast backlog of games. Of course, people would volunteer their game's characters/enemies to be featured. The game board, back of the cards, etc. would all be RMN themed. Heck, we could even get one of our fine composers to do the (very few) music tracks that the game would use.

Some small shell of a game could maybe be constructed around the card game if that would drum up more interest. If so, maybe some kind of tournament where the NPCs you play against are RMN members? There could/would maybe be some kind of hokey plot that involves saving RMN and that, logically, only winning a card game can save the day. I suppose, ultimately, we'd have to take down kentona and his terribly fearful deck!

What do you guys think?
I would be very, very down to help with the creation of this. One of the cooler ideas for a community game I've ever heard to be honest.
unity
You're magical to me.
Yeah, this is a GREAT IDEA! It's not overly huge in scope, it very much supports the community, and it's just a really cool idea! :DDDDD I am very much in favor!
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I figure it would be games for cards, not-so-much characters/monsters/villains. But, I guess it could work the other way!

*Edit: Like, I imagine Hero's Realm would be a pretty bad-ass card. However, you've gotta beat kentona (enough times?) to get it.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
This seems interesting! I've always wanted to see more of an RMN character cross-over type of game, and this one seems to be low enough in scope to do it.

How will the cards be designed? While I know the basic layout of triple-triad I think a core part of this would be to include a title as to where a game character/element is from or something.
what's triple triad?
author=Ratty524
This seems interesting! I've always wanted to see more of an RMN character cross-over type of game, and this one seems to be low enough in scope to do it.

How will the cards be designed? While I know the basic layout of triple-triad I think a core part of this would be to include a title as to where a game character/element is from or something.

All the extra info like dev and original game could be displayed in a deck builder of sorts.
Triple Triad is a card game played in Final Fantasy 8. Cards have numbers on each edge that need to be higher than the ones adjacent to capture them. It should be pretty simple to make in any RM, if it hasn't been already.

Also, hi Kentona.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Eh. Triple Triad is not a particularily thrilling game in my opinion. It's more based on having good cards than any actual strategy. Maybe if you were willing to even out the power of cards so that there was a low delta of power differences... but then what's the pont? Just put the 2 along the edge and hope they don't have anything to beat the south side 5.

It's a cute idea I guess, but that's about it.

If you do make this, use games and not characters/monsters/etc. More people would recognize Romancing Walker than the dragonlord or w/e the big bad was called.

UPRC, have you ever played Pokemon: The Trading Card Game for the Gameboy Color? You could just revolve the entire plot of having a created character that you create face off against all the various different RMN moderators (Liberty, Deckiller, GreatRedSpirit, Shinan, Solitayre and Clyve) and then after beating them, “The Welpful Six,” you can then have the honor and illustrious prestige to take on “The RMN Elite” (Karsuman, kentona, ankylo, rcholbert and WIP, being the final boss.) But in order to face any of these guys first, you first need to acquire a certain amount of Makerscore by defeating all of the other, minor league RMNers in the area and acquire enough powerful cards in order to face them (because, let’s face it – those guys don’t have any time to play with any chump, wannabe duelists out there unless they're any good!)

Of course, you HAVE to have members of team #shump make random appearances (Darken, TFT, Ciel, Strangeluv, YDS and Magi) throughout the course of the game to take on your character, always trying to overthrow and upstage the current RMN regime and lifestyle and try to make you join their side of wrongful righteousness through challenging you to a duel (which your character always ends up beating their asses in the end, anyway, lol)!

And you could also have joke users, such as Xand, show up from time to time to challenge your character using a joke deck, all 1’s or 2’s on each side, lol, for easy makerscore experience points and just to acquire more cards. The cards they mostly use are from some of RMN’s more “shitter” titles.

Which is also why I agree with Marrend and Craze that you should use different types of cards based off RMN games and not characters. More people will recognize the different types of games in there than they will any of the characters based off any of those said games. (Well, besides a few.)

And, yeah, this sounds like an awesome future community event! Triple Triad is pretty easy to do, regardless, and the whole story structure surrounding it with all the different RMN personalities sound like fun, so it shouldn’t be too difficult to do compared to something like the Pokémon RMN Version event that we had earlier.

author=kentona
what's triple triad?

Lol. I can see how the pre-fight dialogue is going to go for this one:

Kentona: “I really don’t know how to play this game, like all you kids do, but ankylo gave me all of these sweet, high numbered cards for me to use in case of an emergency like this, so I’m just going to go throw down some random cards in some random spots in hopes of defeating you!”

*defeats Kentona*

Kentona: “…Well, dang. I knew I should have read the manual before something like this would happen. Here. Take my ‘Hero’s Realm’ card and now you can be a motherf*cking hero yourself. Now go... Go worth and challenge the rest of the founding fathers of RMN while I just…stand here waiting for the next poor sap to come up here and question my authority again... Well, ‘his’ authority, that is."
Pages: 1