[POLL] WHAT RPGS SHOULD GET REPRESENTED IN A FUTURE SMASH BROS.

Poll

Pick the RPG series you think should get a character in the next Smash game for NX. - Results

Dragon Quest
18%
Phantasy Star
2%
Tales of
4%
Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross
20%
IIllusion of Gaia/Terranigma
2%
Baten Kaitos
2%
Golden Sun
18%
Shin Megami Tensei
6%
Far East of Eden
0%
Shining Force
0%
Star Ocean
0%
Secret of Mana
0%
Elder Scrolls
2%
Fallout
2%
Mass Effect
2%
Saga
0%
Suikoden
2%
Grandia
0%
.Hack
0%
Ys
2%
Dark Cloud
0%
Breath of Fire
2%
Valkyrie Profile
0%
Wild Arms
2%
Shadow Hearts
4%
Lunar
0%
Lufia
0%
The Last Remnant
0%
The Last Story
2%

Pages: first 1234 next last
Assuming we're all RPG fans here I figured this could be a fun poll.
I'm excluding RPGs that are already in there. So no Final Fantasy, no Xeno games, no Mother/Earthbound, no Pokemon and no Fire Emblem (I know it's more a strategy game but it's kinda an RPG)

I'm sure I forgot some major RPG series, sorry.
Oh and feel free to pick specific character in the comments.

I had a certain character in mind but now that I actually listed all of these RPGs I'm having a tough time deciding lol

I forgot to add Other to the vote sorry.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
Undertale! :V

Had to go with Chrono, just because of the great variety of characters. Second place Megaten for the possibility of playable Mothman :3333
Eggplant Wizard Kazuma Kiryu so you can finally know the joy of grabbing a bicycle and introducing it to Mario's face (among other amazing over the top horrible things Kiryu does to random punks on the street). There's even a finisher move ready to go!

You could even get Majima as an assist trophy!
Oh yeah I should have included Undertale as a choice.

I was struggling to pick from Phantasy Star, Chrono, Illusion of Gaia, Lunar and The Last Story. Ultimately I went with Illusion of Gaia. Not only would I like to play as Will but a stage where you see landmarks from across the globe would be amazing.

When I started making the list I was thinking Alis and Alys from Phantasy Star I was thinking Alys could be an alt costume for Alis. I beat PS 4 but only played some of the first PS.

But yeah at the end of the day I think I'd be happier playing Will from Gaia.
Golden Sun seems like the obvious choice when thinking about relevance to Nintendo and the opportunity to make an interesting kit that isn't just another dude with a sword.
I totally wanted to vote SaGa but it'd be stupid as pie. So I voted Chrono.
Chrono was THE super nintendo game, after all.
Porkate42
Goes inactive at least every 2 weeks
Some of these look have they're going to have a high chance...
But I'm bias so Tales of.
author=GreatRedSpirit
Eggplant WizardKazuma Kiryu so you can finally know the joy of grabbing a bicycle and introducing it to Mario's face (among other amazing over the top horrible things Kiryu does to random punks on the street). There's even a finisher move ready to go!

You could even get Majima as an assist trophy!

Wario can throw his bike at Mario's face.

author=Pizza
Golden Sun seems like the obvious choice when thinking about relevance to Nintendo and the opportunity to make an interesting kit that isn't just another dude with a sword.

Fun fact, Baten Kaitos is also Nintendo owned. Also Isaac has a sword or were you saying that as a joke.

My character choice mains a whistle as his weapon lol.

author=JosephSeraph
I totally wanted to vote SaGa but it'd be stupid as pie. So I voted Chrono.
Chrono was THE super nintendo game, after all.

I've played a couple of Saga games but I don't feel like the characters in that are as memorable as some other RPGs. But then again I haven't played enough of those games.

author=Porkate42
Some of these look have they're going to have a high chance...
But I'm bias so Tales of.

Tales of Symphonia was great. I haven't had the chance to play any of the others though.
Speaking of which a lot of people thought Lloyd Irving would be in Smash when they heard Namco was helping development. What's better than another sword wielder in Smash. A guy who wields two swords lol.
RedMask
Pizza
Fun fact, Baten Kaitos is also Nintendo owned. Also Isaac has a sword or were you saying that as a joke.

I actually didn't know that Baiten Kaitos was owned by Nintendo. Interesting. It's still a game that I have yet to look into at all though, so it's not surprising that I'm unaware of it.

Isaac/Felix use swords, yeah, but I'm thinking more along the lines of how they have Psynergy Powers and Djinn as well- there's a lot of opportunity to do interesting things with a kit that don't solely revolve around swords, is what I should have said. (Being that 4 (maybe 5) out of the 6 FE characters are heavily sword based and sort of same-ish to certain degrees.)
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Would Will be able to transform into Freedan and/or Shadow, or would they be separate characters?

*Edit: Darigaaz, I just finished that game too.
author=Pizza
I actually didn't know that Baiten Kaitos was owned by Nintendo. Interesting. It's still a game that I have yet to look into at all though, so it's not surprising that I'm unaware of it.

Isaac/Felix use swords, yeah, but I'm thinking more along the lines of how they have Psynergy Powers and Djinn as well- there's a lot of opportunity to do interesting things with a kit that don't solely revolve around swords, is what I should have said. (Being that 4 (maybe 5) out of the 6 FE characters are heavily sword based and sort of same-ish to certain degrees.)

Baten Kaitos was developed by the same team that made Xenoblade. In fact one song from Baiten Kaitos is in Smash already. It can be played on the Xenoblade stage.

I liked the 1st Baiten Kaitos but the combat in the 2nd one was to hectic.

Anyway Isaaac could be a good addition for the reasons you mentioned. I'd be down with that. They probably thought of including him since he's no longer an assist trophy in this game.

author=Marrend
Would Will be able to transform into Freedan and/or Shadow, or would they be separate characters?

*Edit: Darigaaz, I just finished that game too.

Maybe that'd be the Final Smash. I haven't thought out a move list yet. I'll probably get back to you on a potential move list.
Nintendo already made a Crossover with Dragon Quest in Fortune Street. Furthermore, since the series also belongs to Square Enix, making it happen shouldn't be too hard. My idea would be Ryu (first game protag) as playable character and a Slime hat (blue, red and green) for Mii Fighters.

Also, they should bring some Level 5 characters already! D=
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Speaking of RPGs... There should be a Paper Mario alt costume for Mario. Or a different Mario than Dr. Mario... I mean, he has a hammer and sidekicks to call on. It could work.

Voted Wild Arms, for only the reason he's not a sword user, and I want the world map theme in a stage battle. Drool.
I'd like to see Ecthel in Smash ^_^ /hopes in vain

Aside, getting someone (or something) from TES sounds interesting enough. If anything, I'll suggest the addition of CLIFFRACERS! CLIFFRACERS FOR SMAAAAASH!!
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I'd be a proponent of the Wild Arms series if the character they pull is Brad Evans or TIIIIIIIIIIM!

Though, pulling one of the Crest Sorceresses (Cecilia and/or Lilka) might be interesting too.

*Edit:
God, where's the BOF-y fans?
Isn't there a SMT X Fire Emblem game in the works? We totally need SMT love ( / advertising .. altho .. well, you got the Fire Emblem part).
Even if it was just silly ol' Jack Frost or something.
Or more Persona 4 milking *chuckle* I love it.
Erdrick from Dragon Quest, of course.
Deltree
doesn't live here anymore
I also voted Dragon Quest, being that is ostensibly a "classic" Nintendo game more than more of the rest, but does the world really need another sword fighter?

Dark horse option: how about Andy from Advance Wars? The Wars series has been around since Famicom, and he could be a fun ranged or even vehicle-based combatant.
it's not Dragon Quest's fault that the roster got bloated with 17 Fire Emblem same-y characters.
Deltree> That's actually a great idea! He could play similar to the pokemon trainer, except that he brings out tanks and that he can have more than one out at the same time :D

His main playstyle'll be all about microing your mini-army to wreak havoc.

Awesome XDDD
Pages: first 1234 next last