FOURTH (AND POSSIBLY 5TH, 6TH, 7TH...) SPATIAL DIMENSON -- NOT TIME

Pages: 1
(while there's quite a bit of info here, a reasonable bit is also fruit of my speculations and deductions. Absorb info with care, and I recommend you to further research the subjects I mention in this thread in order to expand your knowledge.)

(background info:)
Cosmic Microwave Background / meta-universe / universal "scar"
Cosmic Microwave Background is radiation that can be detected on the edge of the visible universe basically, and it is a light that emanates from the very birth of our universe. Ever since this light has been expanding constantly, and soon it will fade, and not be visible anymore.

It is homogeneous and can be detected no matter where you look at in the night sky. (provided you have strong enough equipment, of course)
However... There are a few anomalies. What they are (or even if they ARE true anomalies) is speculated, but one of these speculations is that they are remnants of our universe's collision with another, earlier during its life.

Now, I don't quite remember where I read it but it is speculated our universe would be a hypersphere -- or a four-dimensional sphere. Much like a three-dimensional paper can be a canvas for a two-dimensional drawing, the four-dimensional sphere would be the canvas for our universe, which would interact with, uh... the thing... the thing that's bigger than the universes, as well as the other universes themselves, in such a way. According to this theory, when two of these 4D spheres interacted in this meta-universe, the "scars" in CMB were generated. This is all, of course, speculation.

In chess, we have two coordinates -- horizontal and vertical, or X and Y.
A chess piece can have the same X coordinate or the same Y coordinate, but never both. (the two chess pieces can't overlap.)

This is because physics says that two objects can't occupy the same physical space in the same time. The same thing happens in 3D space -- however, you and your friend Bob can share both Horizontal and Vertical coordinates, because there's a new one to set you apart, depth!

So if we invented some weird sort of 3D chess pieces would be able to be under or above eachother, that's what I basically said. 2D objects can share 1 coordinate. 3D objects can share 2 coordinates. And 4D objects.. Can share 3 coordinates. This means they can share their horizontal, vertical and depth positions -- they can occupy the SAME SPACE! Except they're not -- they're not in the same... uhh... what letter can I assign for the fourth coordinate? W?
This basically leads us to parallel universes (not dimensions, universes) that are currently sharing one, two or even three of these coordinates with us. In order to acess these we'd have to be able to move through the fourth dimension -- one thing we can't because... we don't even know if it exists (or maybe we do I'M REALLY DUMB AND JUST A KID THAT READS TOO MUCH WIKIPEDIA)

This is basically the basis of my games' multiple worlds -- they all exist within these bubble-universes that are 4D hyperspheres, which through their lifetime expand and changes shape. When they touch eachother, they create gates between universes, places where the fourth dimension acts as a gate between the three dimensions, and one can move from one universe (hypersphere) into the other.
2 universes can't share the same physical space (4th coordinate) but they can touch, creating these seams which could be really anywherwe on the universe. differently -- as these hyperspheres age they become less and less dense as they expand, eventually allowing universes to overlap, merge, bleed into eachother and eventually either fade as they bleed or merge into a new universe. This lower density allows the universes to blend and share their 4D location, having their realities come in contact and eventually become one.

Uhh... What do you think of this? Do you know of something similar? How do you feel this vision could be improved? In particular I feel its weird to have universes the size of a small town (the sizes of the universes are variable after all) but I'm not sure how I'd approach it otherwise. Also, by having a fourth spatial dimension, time would be pushed to fifth (or rather, 1st-after-the-spatial-dimensions) dimension, and all universes under the same "dimension" would share time (albeit experiencing it at a different rate)

uhhh welppppppppppp

this is a text dump with nonsensical blabber from a wannabe scientist but not really kid but at least i tried lol
Just let me leave this here. I made the mistake of watching this with my father while jacked up on some heavy pain killers post surgery... ENJOY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf2CxZPl7KI
I'm glad I was able to throw that fuckery at someone else. Now that I've watch it while in a normal state of mind, it still doesn't make any god damn sense...
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
It's an interesting plot device, make it happen!

We can't really interact with any dimensions except our three, so asking whether a fourth dimension exists is kinda like asking if a god exists, but if you work out these manifestations as seems in 3D from 4D objects overlapping in our space well, I'm sure you can make it work! They'd be breaking causality and probably entropy laws, but who cares?

The way time would work in your scenario is much like you said. All the 3D universes would share their ct-axis in their respective Minkowskian spaces, so moving forward in time in one universe would make the other universes move forward in time as well. But be careful with causality. Because of the displacement in w-direction, as you've called it, it will be nigh impossible for different universes to interact with one another in any way, because mater or forces don't move in the w-direction. The only exception to this would be your seems where the universes meet. You could have the main character travel from universe to universe. taking items along with them for quests in other universes, but you can't have them change anything in one universe while being in another.
author=Jeroen_Sol
It's an interesting plot device, make it happen!

We can't really interact with any dimensions except our three, so asking whether a fourth dimension exists is kinda like asking if a god exists, but if you work out these manifestations as seems in 3D from 4D objects overlapping in our space well, I'm sure you can make it work! They'd be breaking causality and probably entropy laws, but who cares?

The way time would work in your scenario is much like you said. All the 3D universes would share their ct-axis in their respective Minkowskian spaces, so moving forward in time in one universe would make the other universes move forward in time as well. But be careful with causality. Because of the displacement in w-direction, as you've called it, it will be nigh impossible for different universes to interact with one another in any way, because mater or forces don't move in the w-direction. The only exception to this would be your seems where the universes meet. You could have the main character travel from universe to universe. taking items along with them for quests in other universes, but you can't have them change anything in one universe while being in another.

A wise man once said (and i mean this for total comedic effect, no offence bud) , " Fuck you, what?"
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
author=CrazyUncleBlair
Just let me leave this here. I made the mistake of watching this with my father while jacked up on some heavy pain killers post surgery... ENJOY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf2CxZPl7KI

i want to just smoke more and more and more weed and watch this over and over and over until it makes any kind of sense
Pages: 1