SO, ABOUT ARMORED CORE...

Pages: 1
I've been craving for a good mech game. I mean customization, big battles and such.. After researching the only games that really caught my attention were Armored Core and ZOE. (Also steambot chronicles but the bastard is expensive.) So I decided to buy armored core, but my question is, which one is better in terms of customization and mechanics? I've heard many people say that AC3 was the best and people are polarized about the recent entries.
Neither of this but MechWarrior Online got a Steam release recently. It's free to play, so it can't hurt to try it out? I played the tutorial of the beta a long time ago (so I can't say much) but I have a friend who is playing and he thinks it's at least decent.
author=Shinan
Neither of this but MechWarrior Online got a Steam release recently. It's free to play, so it can't hurt to try it out? I played the tutorial of the beta a long time ago (so I can't say much) but I have a friend who is playing and he thinks it's at least decent.

Shit this was looking promising but I apparently don't even meet the minimum requirements...
Oh man I played Armored Core... I think it was 5, on the Xbox. It was super fun being in a speed mech that had jet thrusters and two laser swords.

But it relies too much on an online community... which is long dead.

Mech games... I really like Front Mission. Not Evolved, but 3 and 4. They're strategy games but there's something about customising a robot, and then deploying it strategically to deal damage to other robot body parts with your cool robot weapons that's slightly more appealing than being in the cockpit.
author=Nivlacart
Oh man I played Armored Core... I think it was 5, on the Xbox. It was super fun being in a speed mech that had jet thrusters and two laser swords.

But it relies too much on an online community... which is long dead.

Mech games... I really like Front Mission. Not Evolved, but 3 and 4. They're strategy games but there's something about customising a robot, and then deploying it strategically to deal damage to other robot body parts with your cool robot weapons that's slightly more appealing than being in the cockpit.

I'm gonna check that out alright. As for armored core, I think I'll be getting For answer. I don't really like the bulky mechs in V and the UI looks strange. I heard that FA was pretty fast but that's alright for me, besides the mechs look cooler there.
Pages: 1