WHAT DO YOU THINK OF TEXANS?

Pages: first prev 123 last
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Texans aren't as close minded as you think. At least not the majority. We are so big and have so much different stuff you's be surprised how open Texans can be.
A lot of it is about respect. Just like everywhere else of course but more so.

author=Corfaisus
Texans are like weeds: ugly as shit but incredibly hard to kill.
author=InfectionFiles
Texans aren't as close minded as you think. At least not the majority. We are so big and have so much different stuff you's be surprised how open Texans can be.
A lot of it is about respect. Just like everywhere else of course but more so.

author=Corfaisus
Texans are like weeds: ugly as shit but incredibly hard to kill.

Hmm, indeed, though I wouldn't count myself amongst any of the humans in this world, I am a species in my own right.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
No, you're human. And this comes from a introvert
author=InfectionFiles
No, you're human. And this comes from a introvert

Yeah I'm an introvert, but I say I'm a species in my own right because I absolutely despise everything about this planet.From the humans to the ground which I stand.Don't get me wrong now, people are incredibly kind to me, but I hate them anyway.I'd say the only place where I like people are here, on RMN.
Also, I don't feel like I belong here at all, I don't want to be alone yet I don't want to be with humans, there's something missing and I refuse to die until I find it.Therefor, I will continue to believe in extraterrestrial life forms, not necessarily the kind you may think though, any living thing not native to Earth.
Although my memory isn't the most reliable I do remember some things that I shouldn't mention here, not that I want you to become caught up in my personal thoughts, after all this topic is about the different views on Texans.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
From my experience, Texans are friendly folk. Very nice.
Then again, that's been my experience with most people in the States, so I don't know. During my trucking days, there was only so many people I met outside of Flying J truck stops, gas stations and delivery points.
author=Housekeeping
Another Texan here. Cool things about being Texan:

-We have tex mex and bbq--way better local cuisine than, say, the Northeast, and we dodged all the green chili/red chili shit from New Mexico.
If you mean the clam chowder and other assorted things from the NORTH northeast then carry on. If you don't then you're missing out!
Haha, yeah, that's what I was referring to.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Kaliesto
I often wonder why Floridians have so many "WTF!" type of people down there.

The Heat maybe?

My wife and I speculated that it's the proximity to the Bermuda Triangle. I lived in Florida for 8 years. Yeah, the people there are really like that.

I visited Texas once. I was the assistant on a pipe organ tuning at the Akin Auditorium in Midwestern State University in Wichita Falls. I got caught in a torrential downpour while out on a walk. It rained for ten minutes and stopped almost instantly. I was completely dry.

My one experience of Texans is a friend of mine who came over here (the UK) to study. He had chosen the UK to ESCAPE from homophobia (and yet chose to live in Stoke, a very downtrodden and homophobic place back in the early 00s!)

He had TEXAS DRAWL but was like uber liberal, into Christianity but like Gnosticism and shit, and very big but camp as Christmas.

Good guy. He eventually overstayed past the point he was allowed, went on the run with the illegal immigrants in an area of Birmingham, got allowed to stay for a while eventually, got a job teaching SEN kids at a college, then was eventually deported when it turns out he didn't make enough money to stay. Sad times, there were news stories about it and shit.

My stereotype of Texans is still like JR, YEEHAW, but like the one Texan I've ever met was nothing like that.

Ebeth
always up for cute art and spicy gay romance
Pages: first prev 123 last