HERO DELAY WHEN CHANGING DIRECTION

Pages: 1
Hello-

Simply Stated:
When using "Set Movement Route," the game forces a delay every time the hero turns a new direction (ex: "Turn Left," "Turn Down," etc). In previous makers, turns were instantaneous. Can anyone help me get rid of the turn delay?

Detailed Reasoning :
I need the hero to be able to spin while moving.

Ex: (directional fix ON/OFF excluded from example)
Move Left
Turn Up
Move Left
Turn Right
Move Left
Turn Left

The RM forces delay between every movement and completely breaks the flow of movement.

Thanks!

-flap
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Which engine is this?

*Edit: The delay doesn't seem that bad to me in VX Ace? I almost forgot about the directional fixes, though, so, maybe...

*Edit2: Okay, I'm seeing/feeling it now. Though, I think it might be the direction fix commands rather than the turn commands that's causing the pause. Though, if I recall TusK, there was an option on the event-page itself to have an event spin in place, and maybe that option could be used to have the effect you want. No such option in VX/VX Ace that I'm aware of, though!

*Edit3: So, the move-route I'm testing with looks like...

MOVE ROUTE (Player; Repeat; Skip)
Move Left
Direction Fix OFF
Turn 90 Left
Direction Fix ON
...this, which forces the player-character to keep moving left until some kind of obstacle is hit, at which point, the character just keeps spinning like an idiot. Removing either Direction Fix does make the move-processing faster, but the "spinning" animation is incomplete (in some way).

I suppose what you could try is make the "player spinning" thing an animation rather than part of the move-route. I'm not 100% sure this will work, but, what you'd do is erase the player graphic with a move-route, then play the animation without a wait-period, then make the player move, then restore the player-graphic after it's all said and done.

So, something like...

MOVE ROUTE (Player)
Change Graphic (none)
Show Animation (Player Spin) at event [Player]
MOVE ROUTE (Player)
#insert move-route here
Change Graphic (default)
...that?
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
No need for an animation, or scripting, or custom graphic files, or anything complicated. If you simply use Change Graphic instead of Turn, you will avoid this problem. You can change the character's graphic to their up-facing graphic, then to their left-facing graphic, then to their down-facing graphic, etc. As long as their direction is fixed and their walk animation is turned off, it'll work fine.

Thank you both. I'm using RMMV. LockeZ, I had thought there was still a slight pause when using the Change Graphic command, but I'll double check it (did it, looks great). Thanks for the tip! In the mean time, I developed a little work-around using the Jump feature and Get Location Info.

Pages: 1