MISAOS CATEGORIES FOR 2016

Pages: first 1234 next last
Since I miss some of the creative and fun categories of past years, instead of just straight up copying the categories from 2015 into 2016, I thought we'd have a bit of discussion and come up with a fun new list of categories for 2016!

By the end of the 2015 voting (January 18th), I hope to come up with a list of about 10~20 categories we can nominate games for in 2016.

Here's what we had in 2015:

Best Storytelling and Direction Nominations
The project you think is most effective at telling its story. Think in terms of its presentation, writing, clarity, cutscene direction, and originality.

Best Characters Nominations
Vote for your favorite heroes or villains! Choose the project whose characters are the most effective in terms of presentation and writing.

Best Game Title Nominations
The most clever, original, witty, or cool game title of the year.

Best Setting Nominations
The game you feel had the most clever, inventive, interesting and immersive setting/world for the game to take place in.

Best Atmosphere Nominations
The game you feel did the best at delivering an experience. This would include such factors as presentation, graphics, music and sounds, and style.

Best Graphics & Artwork Nominations
Vote for the project you feel has the best graphics. (In general, this category should favor original artwork over ripped or commercial graphics)

"Lawsuit Waiting To Happen" Award Nominations
The most non-chalant use of rips in a game.

Most RTP Game Award Nominations
Vote for the game that best uses the default or RTP (run-time package) resources.

Best Sound & Music Nominations
The project you think has the best soundtrack and creative use of sound! (In general, this category should favor original compositions over ripped or commercial music)

Most Technical Prowess Nominations
The project you feel got the most out of is engine! This might include well-made battle systems or other custom systems or engines.

Best Level/Dungeon/Puzzle Design Nominations
The game you think has the best stages, levels, or dungeons. Voting should be based on layout, aesthetics, interactivity, and other related factors.

Best Gameplay Mechanics Nominations
The game with the best gameplay idea(s) and implementation. Or, more simply, the game you think is the most fun to play!

Best Interface Design Nominations
Interaction with the game's systems, custom menu graphics, responsiveness of menus, clear display of elements like fonts, headers, etc.

Most Promising Demo Nominations
Vote for the demo released this year you think has the most potential.

Best Game You Can Beat Under An Hour Nominations
This is only for very short games. Choose the best game that can deliver its experience and can be finished in less than an hour.

Most Humourous Game Nominations
Comedic game of the year. Pick the funniest game you played this year, with the best humour and/or the best/worst puns.

Most Horrific Game Nominations
Horror game of the year. This game is the scariest or grimdark or emotionally intense game you played. Survival is optional.

Most Puzzling Game Nominations
Puzzle game of the year. This game has the best puzzles, minigames, mystery, or very complex plotlines.

Most Adventurous Game Nominations
Action/Adventure game of the year. Choose the best game from the action, adventure, platformer, arcade, or strategy genres you played this year.

Best RPG Nominations
Role-playing game of the year. Vote for the best traditional RPG you played this year. This is RPG Maker Network after all.

Game of the Year Nominations
The absolute best game you played from RMN for the current year (any genre).

You can look back to 2006 for past categories we used http://rpgmaker.net/misaos/
and here for back to 2002 http://queenscourt.org/misao/index.php
(misaos are kind of old, eh?)

What I need is a category suggestion, a description, and any restrictions it might have (demos only, completed games only). Also, give props to any suggested categories you like. I will whittle down the list to 10~20 in the end.
Most Egregious Little Girl Torture Sim

there are so many shitty games starring little girls that get abused on this site, may as well kinkshame them into submission lmao

Most Dysfuntional Main Party would also be a fun one! A prime example is April Was A Fool and lit anything I have my hand in. I am biased, I like dysfuntional parties... OTL

EDIT: OOH also best experimental game! ENCOURAGE CREATIVITY!!!
Most Bizarre Game, because Virtual Grappi is a league of its own.
charblar
"wait you made this a career?"
Most popular game that just uses RMN as a place to host it.

Edit: Ok, Best game from an RMN event.
'Most Mind-Blowing Twist' would be a fun one :p Just that one crucial moment in a game where suddenly everything clicks (or falls apart) and you kinda lean back from your computer and go ooOOOHHHH
author=AtlasAtrium
'Most Mind-Blowing Twist' would be a fun one :p Just that one crucial moment in a game where suddenly everything clicks (or falls apart) and you kinda lean back from your computer and go ooOOOHHHH

I like this one, as I am a big fan of plot twists!

Best Ending
An ending can make or break a game.

Best Intro
Which start of a game hooked you the most?
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob

If this Misao would've been alive when Age of Deliverance was released, I would've given all my noms to that mind blower.

Best Non-RPG-Maker Game
Best game not created using any RPG Maker engine.

Most Depressing Game
The game that most causes or results in a feeling of miserable dejection.

Most Weirdest Game
The game that was most strange, bizarre, offbeat and quirky released this year.

Most Addictive Game
The game you had the hardest time putting down.

Most Underrated Game
The game everybody hears is good but nobody has bothered to play.
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
Best Protagonist:
Which game had the best lead.

Best Antagonist:
"" Villain.

Best Worst Game:
There have to be some great joke games out there. Spotlight 'em!
Best Little Engine That Didn't
The game that got super hyped up then died and was not heard of again.
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
Best Game where you die
Games in which you die in the story.
author=oddRABBIT
Best Game where you die
Games in which you die in the story.

But that'll be a major spoiler!
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
Then how about...

Best Shyamalan:
Game with the most twists.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Hey, "Best Worst Game" might actually be something I could possibly get nominations for! Though, I'm more about silly games than joke-games, so, who knows?

I feel like we should use "Sin(π) noticed me!" as a category in some way. So, maybe, the game you think garnered the most attention?
Maybe something like "Highest possible play time"?
You know, for games with lots of sidequests and stuff.
Best Character Development: I know it probably goes under Best Characters and Writing, but this one would shed more light on a particular hero/heroine of selected games, rather than the cast as a whole.

Best SNES-like Game: A game so good it reminds you of the Golden RPG-era. XD
Not counting fan-games, obviously. Oh, and--

Best Fan-Game: Self-obvious.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
Best Costume Design

Best Hair

Cutest Character(s)

I am extremely superficial.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Best Zombie Game: >_>
Let me join in on this, how about....

Most Original
Given to the game with the most original (Non-RTP/Non-Purchased) assets used.

Best Tearjerker
Given to the game with the most emotional journey that made the player cry

THE rmMVp
With MV's recent release why not have one for the best MV game made.
Pages: first 1234 next last