[RM2K3] MOVIE MAKER

Pages: 1
how do you make animated movies?

like markiplier dance with caution or OFF mortis ghost commercial.

example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5Br8shSAHA 14:58
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAFhMoXgqk8
You need to have some kind of recording software, the game itself, and some video editing software.

You then record yourself playing the game, then after that open the file created in the editing software and edit as you like. It can take a lot of practice before you come up with anything really good, though.

This kind of topic is more for General Discussion, though, so I'll move it over there and get rid of the duplicate topic you set up, too.
author=Liberty
You need to have some kind of recording software, the game itself, and some video editing software.

You then record yourself playing the game, then after that open the file created in the editing software and edit as you like. It can take a lot of practice before you come up with anything really good, though.

This kind of topic is more for General Discussion, though, so I'll move it over there and get rid of the duplicate topic you set up, too.

I mean make animated movies like off commercial do.

did you have something that makes animated cartoons?
You'll have to look for animation software. There's a LOT of work involved, depending on the style and quality you're after.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=phillipPbor

Toonboom Harmony/Animate Pro and Flash are industry-standard, but they're all expensive.
author=Ratty524
author=phillipPbor

Toonboom Harmony/Animate Pro and Flash are industry-standard, but they're all expensive.

okay then... what is a free animated software??
author=phillipPbor
okay then... what is a free animated software??

There's Powtoon for instance.

But really, if you want to create animated movies with the same standard as OFF commercial, you'll need professional software. And you need to be good at drawing (in the case of OFF commercial).

If you just want to create animated movies, then all you really need is Movie Maker (the default Windows Live Movie Maker). You draw the animations/take photos frame by frame, place them into Movie Maker and then add effects and such.

Google is your friend.

"Free animation software"
well I tried...
can any of you help my RPG animation?
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Are... you sure you tried using Google? I'm getting a Wikipedia page has a list of 2D animation software in my results.
author=Marrend
Are... you sure you tried using Google? I'm getting a Wikipedia page has a list of 2D animation software in my results.

I did
why?
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Because it sounds like you still haven't found a program, even though this is the first hit you get when you google "Free animation software."
okay, i want you all to know something. i done all i can:
make movie got sfx in,
play sound before play movie,
play sound as BGM before play movie.
i just don't know what to do because i might really brake something. that is why i cam to all of you.
Don't worry, most decent animation programs are naturally anti-explosive.
The easiest way to get your movie made is to hire someone, to be honest.

For promotional videos you'll want Adobe After Effects, which is what the OFF video (and many other promotional videos) was probably made with. ToonBoom is also a good possibility, though that program does actual character/cartoon animation rather than video editing.

Here's the process of how you make a video like that OFF commercial:

Step 1) Create a storyboard.
You have to plan out what you're doing. What's the first thing the audience sees? What happens in the video? What does it look like?
You have to make conscious decisions about backgrounds, character placement, how close or far the camera is...
Here's a random example from google images.

Another example (image is too big to post)

In the OFF commercial, the creator decided: "In the first scene, we're looking down at the grinning cat. We're close enough that we're in front of the cat, but far enough that you can tell we're standing above it."

"In the second scene, we're looking at the distant Batter standing in a field with floating cubes. After you see him from far away, we'll cut to a close up of his face and zoom in."

"Next, I'll show the title and credits."

And so on...

Step 2) Make an animatic (optional).
After you draw out your storyboard, you can put it into a video program and make a slideshow of each frame. This way you can time it to the music, see if the story flows smoothly, and edit any parts that look bad.

Step 3) Create your art assets.
When you're happy with your planning, you can actually start making your video. You have to draw your backgrounds and your character/effect art, and save them as separate images. In the OFF video, the creator static drawings which he later manipulated while animating. He also prepared some of the characters for puppetting, which I'll go into in the next part.

Below gif, you can see that each drawing was made separately, but they were all arranged together into a scene.

Step 4) Place your art assets in the video creator and start animating.
Videos where static drawings become deformed, warped, resized, or translated are created with keyframe animation. In many video editing programs you can do basic things like moving an image's position, changing its size, flipping it, etc. However, more powerful animation programs like After Effects (and Toon Boom, Live2D...) allow you to manipulate your art assets through puppeting, which is how the tail of the cat moves independently of the body, the ears wiggle, etc...

For that cat, the creator made separate drawings for the head, body, and tail. It's not all one piece. They used puppeting to make those really wiggly motions, and simply moved the position of the head upwards to create that "looking up at you" motion. All of the animation in this video is actually quite simple, but very effective. The main parts of the animation are position and rotation changes of whole images, while the puppeting is used on parts that hang out (for example, the arms on the fish thing at :08) for extra movement.

Nowadays puppeting is often used in place of cel animation (drawing frame by frame) because it's a LOT less work. If you've seen visual novels where the girls' hair moves and waves around, that's puppeting. The hair is drawn as a separate layer/image below the girl; her main "base" body doesn't have any of that hair.

At 0:21, the explosion is created by scaling up gore and moving them slightly, etc...

The gameplay parts of the movie can simply be recorded with OBS or LoiLo or something.

So, the hardest part about making the video is planning out what happens, and then going through all this work to actually make it happen. Anyone can learn how to use these programs from online tutorials, but it's making your concept, planning out how to do it, then actually doing it that most people have trouble with.
Pages: 1