POSTING OF GAMES NOT POSSIBLE

Pages: first 12 next last
i have created a game in rpg maker vx ace that i want to publish. vx ace does not support screen shots(they appear completely black). the website also does not support uploading anything else. please either fix the submission system or remove it completely.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
What!? What the hell are these then? Are you telling me these aren't VX Ace screenshots? What the hell have I been reviewing? The third one here is from one of my games.

One from my Othello review!

Another one from my Othello review!

One of my VX Ace game submissions!

From my review of Remnants of Isolation!

Instead of making snotty, self-entitled statements, maybe you should figure out what's wrong with your own computer.

EDIT: This is extra ridiculous because because those first two were made off of a let's play video I was trying to make. They're screenshots of screenshots!
unity
You're magical to me.
Didn't we already answer this for you? What with pressing Print Screen and then pasting it into MS Paint? I seem to remember that, somehow.
that is where they appeared black. please delete the entire immortal`s path 3 post. as it is, only pitures can be posted. i canceled the entire post but the website went through with it anyway.
pianotm
Unity, I've checked this. It seems that there are some issues where games (in general) will not produce a screencap for the Print Screen button. This usually happens in Windows 7, but is sometimes reported in 8.

If Print Screen is producing a blank game image, then sometimes pressing Alt + Print Screen will solve the problem. If not:

– Right-click on the executable file for the game
– Select the Compatibility tab and then check Disable desktop composition
– Press OK to close the properties dialog and then run the game
– Typical screenshot methods should work now.

Edit: if that doesn't work, a separate program for making video and screencaps will be able to solve the problem. I personally like Bandicam. It's free and doesn't have any restrictions (except only 10 minute max video clips for the free version...If you run the recorder for the full ten minutes, it'll lock the session so that you have to close out and reopen the software in order for it to record again.).
that method actually worked but, there is no way to post the game.
unity
You're magical to me.
You have to upload three screenshots and wait for your gamepage's approval before you can upload your game.
pianotm
EDIT: Oh, yeah. Approval. That's right!
http://rpgmaker.net/articles/1226/
Read that article. Also, this: http://rpgmaker.net/submission_rules/
And this: http://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/5673/

Also, your previous topic detailed that there were certain other ways to go about creating screenshots - actual programs that you can use to do so. :/

Glad you figured it out, though.
how can people approve a game without testing it?
I approve games by checking what is posted on the game pages. You don't get to upload a file until after your game page has been approved to the site and to do that you need to submit a proper game page - following the rules mentioned in the links of my last post.
but how you judge a game without even testing it?
^
This.

This is why we have standards when it comes to the description and images shown - that you care enough to put effort into them to reach our (admittedly, not very high) standards means that you're serious about your game, especially if you've been denied before and worked to get it up to the level that we ask for.

It also helps the players on our site to know that for the most case they're going to get decent-enough games to play.

It's easy to judge a game based on the images and description provided, even if it doesn't always reflect a game.
- If the description is badly written, then the game itself usually reflects that.
- If the screenshots shown are bad then we can't ask players to bother playing the game, now, can we?
- Screenshots can show a multitude of things - the mapping, the graphical ability, the level of graphical usage (do they make lots of mapping errors? is the font bright green on a red window? are maps bland and empty and boring?), the systems in the game, showcases of characters or funny situations, the kind of writing to expect, the tone of the game (dark gritty horror vs cute bright sweetness vs epic jRPG awesomeness...etc), the type of game... I think you get the idea.

Thus we have certain levels of competence required before your game is even seen by the other people on the site. That said, if you do get denied, you also get some links to help you out and the reasons why the game was denied. You just fix up your game page and resubmit. It's a system that works quite well.
you could give people a choice. my game for example was developed as a fully playable demo. pictures can never show off the gameplay correctly. i have been fooled by pictures many times myself. considering what you feel about me my game would be denied anyway however. i am used to that kind of hatred however.
andreasaspenberg, you know that not all game pages that are approved have demos in the first place, right? Take a look at this: http://rpgmaker.net/games/6617/ and you'll know what I mean.

Another one is this: http://rpgmaker.net/games/7770/

And another one: http://rpgmaker.net/games/8435/

At any rate, is it so hard to upload screenshots to promote and showcase your work? Game pages are meant to promote your game. No one is likely to download a demo if they see that the screenshots/description of a game are bad, anyway.
I don't use personal feelings when it comes to dealing with site stuff. I don't care who you are as long as you meet the standards of the site - I'm not an asshole like that. I mean, I let games through by people I don't like that much all the time (else Bizarre Monkey wouldn't have had any games on the site... which we all know isn't true), so you can rest assured that as long as your game page meets the rules, it'll go through.

Also, if kentona has to abide by the rules and is in charge of the site, so do you. I treat everyone the same, no matter if they're a personal friend or not - you can ask Nessy about how many times I've told her she's needed more words in her descriptions or asked others who I'm friendly with to edit their pages to fit the rules.

You are no more special than anyone else on the site and thus you will be treated the same - you have to abide by the rules just as much as everyone else. Either make a game page or quit complaining about it. As it is you're just wasting people's time when you could have already made a page and gotten it over with already. :/
considering how you have treated me earlier i do not trust you to keep a clear head. the coding of the website however should be changed to make it possible to submit games as well as screen shots. my game for example have a bad design but good dialogue and gameplay but that is difficult to show off with screen shots. that issue might also cause other good games to be denied.
author=andreasaspenberg
my game for example have a bad design but good dialogue and gameplay but that is difficult to show off with screen shots. that issue might also cause other good games to be denied.

Then how do you think other games are successful? First impressions are everything. People want to see videos, screenshots and such before downloading a game. They want to be impressed first before downloading anything, even a demo.

Besides, how does a person know your game has good dialogue and gameplay if he can't be bothered to download your game since he doesn't know what your game looks like in the first place??

Tell you what, how about you upload a YouTube video of your game and then we see for ourselves whether it's deemed good. I'm sure you know how to record a video, right?

Also, in case you don't know, Steam Greenlight goes through almost the same procedure. Need me to show examples? Here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/351640/

and here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/360010/

These games are RPG Maker games, and they are approved and greenlit because of a good reason.
unity
You're magical to me.
If you like, you can just post some screenshots and we could give you feedback. We don't have these standards to be brutal or unfair, just to make sure the games meet the minimum requirements. And we'd be happy to give you advice to help you improve your screenshots if they aren't up to snuff. ^_^
Pages: first 12 next last