POSTING OF GAMES NOT POSSIBLE

Pages: first prev 12 last
many games have failed because all they have is good graphics. my games have a good story and decent gameplay but bad graphics.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Sated, you are not being helpful. This discussion is already awkward enough as it is. And especially when dealing with people who have a hard time understanding irony, your habit of showcasing your attitude of bitterness and cynicism only makes things worse and more confusing.

And andreas, it is obvious you don't like the way the submission system works. Fair enough. But you should be aware that the screenshot rule wasn't invented to bother you or anyone else personally, but to make sure people can only make gamepages if they actually have done some work on the game they wish to promote. Without this procedure, RMN would be drowning in gamepages full of nonsense. And while in theory, it might be better if every game were tested before being allowed in the site, the mods of RMN simply don't have the time and manpower to make that happen. Just try to accept this.
Think of the Submission prooess as being less about your game, and more about the gamepage you want to set up for others to see. There are threads dedicated to helping people with this. So if you just put in some effort and accept that the rules are there for a reason, you'll be fine.
author=NeverSilent
And while in theory, it might be better if every game were tested before being allowed in the site, the mods of RMN simply don't have the time and manpower to make that happen. Just try to accept this.

Not to mention space. RMN has a finite amount of space and bandwidth to host games files. Yes, in SOME ways, it would be great if anyone could upload a game, make a page, etc. But we're in a world of restrictions, and being able to freely upload endless numbers of Project1.exe would greatly strain the site's ability to promote and host games.

This isn't just an RMN thing, either. Many distrubution systems need some sort of quality control because nobody has infinite space. Steam Greenlight (as flawed as it can be) is just one example of this.
you could restrict people to only have 1 unapproved game at a time.
You can keep making excuses or just tackle the task at hand.
You don't need to have great maps everywhere, even just a few work. Your game is not part of how we treat you as a person - as much kindness and respect we offer to you, it's simply a tried and tested process for a work that is put online on this site. It works fairly well and I have played many games with subpar maps which made it through, many of which were also enjoyable games. They are allowed just as many others, if they have a minimum of functionality and aesthetic.

Not to mention that the issue with using downloads for the approval is more the need to playtest them (as well as the alienating process of having to have them), which is simply impossible as the number of staff members is very limited.
When taking up new authors and their books, many editors go by the first paragraph alone. Many call this unfair, but the more experience one gathers, the more you can see that in most cases the way it starts it how it will continue. Given a glimpse of your game - of the mechanics, story or humour, too - may not be able to tell exactly what it is, but it can give a good idea of what it is aiming to do.
And having played many games here, the descriptions reflect how the game is intended to be, how it pans out, and how well-thought it all is fairly well for the most part.

It is not a privilege to host any game you want anywhere anytime. This is a choice offered by the site administration, and that's the rule they made. I'm sure you gave it your all and built the best you could, but that's not the issue here. It's a simple safety switch.
Abide by the rules or search elsewhere to upload it, that's the only option you have.
http://rpgmaker.net/games/5000/images/

oh look an approved game without jawdropping screenshots
unity
You're magical to me.
And another!

http://rpgmaker.net/games/6905/images/

And another!

http://rpgmaker.net/games/7672/images/

No one's asking for perfection, just meeting the baseline standards. It's not hard, and again, there are plenty of people willing to help you if you need it.
i have already uploaded it on the hive workshop. is it ok if i post a link to that upload on a game page for my game?
author=andreasaspenberg
i have already uploaded it on the hive workshop. is it ok if i post a link to that upload on a game page for my game?

You're referring to screenshots, right? How about posting the screenshots on this topic: http://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/16862/
If you are referring to your game download, sure, you can link it, but keep in mind it will be treated as an additional element. You will still need your screenshots uploaded. If you are confident enough in your game to know it will be approved by an actual playthrough, you will make it easily through that.
As said before, sadly you can't expect it to be approved without the site's standard procedure - that being a proper descriptions and the showcasing of screenshots (not to mention that screenshots are a GREAT way to garner interest and for people to see what a game is about once it's up online and visible)
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
@unity and kentona: Even better (albiet more embarassing) examples
http://rpgmaker.net/games/6425/images/
http://rpgmaker.net/games/4991/images/
http://rpgmaker.net/games/1947/images/

andreasaspenberg if you are able to get your game through hive then how are you having trouble getting your game up here? Everything has been said about this whole issue so I'll just leave with this:
"When in Rome, do as the Romans do."
Because he hasn't even tried yet. His game hasn't even seen the Submission Queue before - he's just complaining about something before even trying.

Make a game page and get over the fact that you are not a special little snowflake who gets to flaunt the rules.

Yes, you can add a link in your description but I ain't gonna download your game to try it - I will judge the game like I judge every other game on the site: by the images shown and the description provided. Now ffs, stop being annoying and just post the damn thing. :/

If it gets denied it will be because it doesn't meet the rules. You will be given details on what to change to make it reach site standards in that case.

Now, people, please stop replying to this - he's got his answer: MAKE A GAME PAGE.
i tried to create a game page but, there i found out that i could not post the actual game. the hive workshop on the other hand enables posting of games without approval. other things that require approval will still be available before approved. now i am unable to create screen shots again.
author=andreasaspenberg
i tried to create a game page but, there i found out that i could not post the actual game. the hive workshop on the other hand enables posting of games without approval. other things that require approval will still be available before approved.

So do you still want to post a game here? If yes,

FOLLOW THE RULES AND STOP WASTING YOUR TIME COMPLAINING AND POSTING PRETTY MUCH THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

And listen to others' advice for once.

Different sites have different standards, just so you know.

(Sorry, Liberty. Just this one more post.)
As has already been explained - we do not allow posting of the game UNTIL THE GAME PAGE HAS BEEN ACCEPTED TO THE SITE.

Make a game page.
Then, once it gets accepted, you can add a game to it. This is the last time you'll be told.

WE ARE NOT THE HIVE.
WE ARE RMN.

OUR RULES ARE DIFFERENT AND YOU HAVE TO ABIDE BY THEM IF YOU ARE TO SHARE YOUR GAME ON THIS SITE.

I'm locking this because ffs, seriously.
Pages: first prev 12 last