HOWDY! NEW TO THE FORUM AND ASSORTED RAMBLINGS

Pages: 1
Hello there, good folks!

This place looks pretty swell :) I've been dabbling in RPG Maker for quite a while and I've been always fascinated with game design. Just thinking of the possibilities makes my head spin really fast with racing ideas swirling like tops.

I also compose music for myself and for video games. Why is my name Forgotten Dawn? Because that's how my main project is called. It started as a musical project, but I'm planning to encapsulate game design and graphic design in it, since I'm a graphic design student and I try to keep myself busy with a lot of ideas.

Right now I'm working on the beginning of a huge story arc called _fade, currently developed on 2k3. It's in development, and it kinda has a Yume Nikki feel in that it's mainly meant to be a dialogue-less exploration game with some puzzles and a dense, somber atmosphere. I'm aware it's being a long introduction, so I'm cutting it short :D

I'm just gonna say that I'm really looking forward to hearing you guys and hopefully have a good time exchanging some feedback. Cheers!
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
Welcome to the boards.

I wish you luck on your project! We could also always use more composers here.
author=Ratty524
Welcome to the boards.

I wish you luck on your project! We could also always use more composers here.

Thank you!

Most of my released tracks are free to use, although it depends on the case. That's why it's always good to contact me first if you'd like to use anything for your projects.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Welcome to RMN!

Yume Nikki type stuff is popular right now(or always? idk) so good choice! :P
author=InfectionFiles
Welcome to RMN!

Yeah, _fade actually started as a fangame but I decided to give it more of an identity and eventually became its own thing. I'm submitting the project as I write, after reading all the rules, so you guys can have a better chance to see what's currently up. :)
so forgotten dawn... does that mean you like to sleep in?

Anywho, welcome to RMN! Enjoy your stay.
author=kentona
so forgotten dawn... does that mean you like to sleep in?

Anywho, welcome to RMN! Enjoy your stay.

Thanks!
I guess I do like to sleep in the morning...
author=InfectionFiles
Welcome to RMN!

That's news to me. Seems to me YN fangames have been slowly dying down for years.
author=SnowOwl
That's news to me. Seems to me YN fangames have been slowly dying down for years.

YN-style mechanics however seem to be still in vogue with more ambient/exploration experiences being released these days.
It's a very niche market, but it's slowly finding its way in.
I'm sure things are gonna get interesting in this decade with technologies emerging and indie developers crafting more enticing experiences.
If you're talking about games with minimal gameplay, yeah I guess there are some of those, like Dear Esther and whatnot. I've enjoyed a couple myself.
Yeah, I remember playing Kairo as well that had a similar minimalist approach.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Unsorted ramblings are best. But, that's just me talking.

Welcome to RMN! Share your creativity with us!
Thank you! I'll be very glad to share it ;)
Pages: 1