DRAWING AND PAINTING STUDY

Pages: first 12 next last
sinn
the original sinn

Hey, support me on my youtube on deviantart!
I'll be drawing and studying here as i begin to develop an idea or polish my game!

We can also chat by Skype: alexandersinnelius@hotmail.com
Or visit me at http://sinnelius.deviantart.com/

Your comments and critics are much appreciated!
Let me know your thoughts and critics!
Improvement is a constant thing!
sinn
the original sinn
Hey feel free to request me artworks!
I'll try my best to illustrate your ideas!
hello sinnelius these are looking pretty sharp!
i must join you on these studies. as i have not studied in, well.

what is your process for studying 'how to draw better'?

as for some critique.
in regards to this lovely image 'Han'.
http://sinnelius.deviantart.com/art/Han-581352469

i feel the placement of the rocks could use more thought, i don't exactly understand what is even happening in the image.

why is there sparks and rocks? are they floating around him? the wispy clouds in the background make me feel like he's moving. but the rocks and sparks make it look like he's not moving.

also we could vary the size of the rocks more too? people have yelled at me saying

'cmon man you gota use small, med, and large shapes!!!!'

i'm not anatomy know it all, but Han's anatomy looks pretty good.
nice hands too!
a shame that both hands,and one foot are cropped off the image. why is that?

composition! where are we looking first? where are the eyes going after?
i look at his face, but then idk where i want to move my eyes too next.

(just bunch of thoughts, you got skill, keep it up!)

sinn
the original sinn
Um, wow, i've never seen you around, fearful.

But yeah i don't study well too, i go to libraries and paint more than i do my assignments. Haha.

I see what you are saying... it's true how the rocks seems to halt/pause the image...
But i wasn't so sure anymore what was the image doing last time haha...

Varying rock size could make a dynamic image, but i guess i am more of an animator...
Like, when you say "where to look next", that's about adding more in the image.
Most of the time, as an animator, i'm thinking more about "what to do next", "what is it preparing next".... so simple,developed anatomy is already enough of information for me.

If the image is crowdful, it's usually hard to move, and may grab you in a single glimpse, for a moment.
But thanks for the input!

At the moment, i'm still in the drawing part, i have no idea what's good colour yet.
Some people suggested me yellingly to use just red and white, red and white plus blue, but the way they harshly saturate the color draws away from the contrast and form.

SO yeah.
These look really good, a lot better then what I can do. I could have used some help when I was trying to make my manga years ago haha.
sinn
the original sinn
author=BlackWolf1992
These look really good, a lot better then what I can do. I could have used some help when I was trying to make my manga years ago haha.

Wow, no comparison there...a year ago i don't have the skill to even visualize form and no idea at all about manga. Now i realize i'm more into story, but not necessarily comic...so i'm just looking to polish my skill and work and apply it into game development.
Yeah, I hear ya. I wish I could design my own graphics for characters, and sprites, but I'm just not talented enough with a computer to do that.

Good luck with all that though.
sinn
the original sinn
Neither am i. I mostly deal with painted stuff. 3d textures, animation.2d animation and illustration is my latest addition...

Do you code for your game then?
sinnelius i cannot within good reason, argue against going to libraries and painting.
over doing your assignments.
you see, i believe this is the path, of the righteous man.

because well, dang, you got some skill.

anyways i like your lines... you just draw them...
i'm sure you see it in your head before you draw it.
Nope. I can't write scripts. I just create the maps, write the stories, and then edit everything in the database that needs to be in the game.
sinn
the original sinn

New drawing video, mostly stopped by a crash.
*idk why it doubled posted sorry...*
would you look at that.... sinnelius i really like how you just draw the lines.

i cant wait to see some animations *_*

i dont really know the names of the crazy sakuga guys in nihon.
but i'm really into that bahi jd guy
sinn
the original sinn
author=fearful
would you look at that.... sinnelius i really like how you just draw the lines.

i cant wait to see some animations *_*

i dont really know the names of the crazy sakuga guys in nihon.
but i'm really into that bahi jd guy

Ah yeah, i know, he makes crazy animation...All the movements are just mad skills.
I'd do sakugas but i'm not sure how...
I can't really come up with good moves without context...or maybe is there context in everything?
We must find the context I think, your own feelings can be context.
Animators are more or less actors.

I believe you will find the context for the best of moves. I feel I'm looking for the same... Sorta like I'm fishing.

Ever heard of the artist 'Kim Jung gi'?
sinn
the original sinn
Indeed, but sometimes i feel like "does this feel good" is very strange.
Another critical eye is important but then the meaning can get diluted.

Yeah, Kim Jung Gi, my favorite so far.
The anatomy is not my taste though, but i like his biography and personal opinion in his work. It's so honest and humbling, soothing too in its execution.
In the end, it doesn't make me want to be "as good as", in a very, dulling competitive idiocy, but more like "it would be fun to be focused in drawing".

Like, i'd probably like his drawing too if i had met him personally than through the recent buzz or the meatful artistic comparative attitude we're all grown used too.

sinn
the original sinn

Despite facebook lower image quality and following pixelaton, it reminded me more of old sunday tvs quality..
the drawing on the right makes me laugh. lightbox is broken?
Aaaah, this is really cool! I wish I could draw free hand like this.
Pages: first 12 next last