SO, THEY DROPPED THE FIRST GHOSTBUSTERS TRAILER.

Now it's considered that movies with a female lead with tank eventually. Progress!
unity
You're magical to me.
author=kentona
Now it's considered that movies with a female lead with tank eventually. Progress!

Yeah, exactly. Which is just makes the "pandering to feminists" even thing more outlandish. "Feminists" are not a majority that influences ticket sales. And in the world of blogs, I've seen their choices blasted as much (if not more) than praised with regards to the casting, so that angle doesn't make sense, either.
ESBY
extreme disappointment
author=SnowOwl
I'm sure it was just a coincidence that they changed the cast from all male into all female, right?
They are so bad at pandering that even though they try, they still fail by making the characters such obvious stereotypes. The goal wasn't to make a feminist movie, but you can't tell me it never entered the mind of the idiots to pander to feminists when they changed the cast from all-male to all-female.
When was the cast ever all male? How is the cast now all female?
All they've done is mirror the genders from the original, the four leads are now female and the supporting characters are now male.

author=SnowOwl
"Ermagerd lets get those feminists to blog about this movie by removing all males! Feminists god alot of dosh, just look at all their mugs that say "fuck males", those must cost alot."
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, lol?
It wouldn't be a discussion about social issues on RMN without bored moping ans sighing and shitty conspiracy theories. Disappointing.
Let's watch an actual bad trailer:
This is comically bad and stylish. I like the comedy more.
Yes, no ghost-tech or glowing animated stuff.

But hey, that's me..
(good distraction tho.)

author=unity
"Feminists" are not a majority that influences ticket sales. And in the world of blogs, I've seen their choices blasted as much (if not more) than praised with regards to the casting, so that angle doesn't make sense, either.

Just scream loud enough and you don't have to be in the majority to make people listen to you. You're right though, their choice was blasted, because like I said Hollywood and feminists are almost polar opposites so even if they try to pander to that group, they usually fail spectacularly. There's also the fact that it's almost impossible to make feminists happy.
author=ESBY
[When was the cast ever all male? How is the cast now all female?
All they've done is mirror the genders from the original, the four leads are now female and the supporting characters are now male.

I'm sure they just did it for no reason.
I'm sure nobody at the movie planning meetings said:
"Hey Adam, the old movies were hated by feminists, how can we make those people happy too?"
"I'm glad you asked, John. I have a revolutionary idea that will blow the mind of you. How about we make the main characters... ALL FEMALE!? I know, it's hard to wrap you mind around, but I'm sure that will send the feminists on a blogging rampage about how feministic the movie is."
"Brilliant! Adam, you're promoted!"
Solitayre
Circumstance penalty for being the bard.
SnowOwl it sure sounds like you're trying to start a fight.
...the old movies were hated by feminists?
kentona

They were in the deranged minds of people who will literally go to absolutely any length to come up with "justified" reasons to jab at progressive people of any type. (or blame things on progressive people "ruining" stuff)

I am tempted to post a gif of a screaming baby in response to SnowOwl, but that might be considered kind of rude.
unity
You're magical to me.
author=kentona

Only the ones that have "I hate men" coffee cups and who laughed manically in their secret volcano lair when the new movie was announced, apparently! XD
Not gonna lie, I would totally buy a "Fuck Males/I hate men" coffee mug if such an outlandish item actually existed.
author=Pizza
Not gonna lie, I would totally buy a "Fuck Males/I hate men" coffee mug if such an outlandish item actually existed.

Well, you are in luck, then.
ESBY
extreme disappointment
does that mug have a version that comes with the ghostbuster logo
Who ya gonna call? NOT A MAN!
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
unity
kentona
Only the ones that have "I hate men" coffee cups and who laughed manically in their secret volcano lair when the new movie was announced, apparently! XD

http://www.harkavagrant.com/?id=341
author=Craze
unity
kentona
http://www.harkavagrant.com/?id=341

You know you've been on the internet too long when you know the content of a link before you click it.
author=SnowOwl
author=Pizza
Well, you are in luck, then.

IT SAYS "I HATE YOU ALL" TOO? This is the best. I wonder if I can get it in hot pink.

I also wonder how long you've been waiting for a chance to post that image
ESBY
extreme disappointment
ghosts support the patriarchy!!!