SO, THEY DROPPED THE FIRST GHOSTBUSTERS TRAILER.

Solitayre
Circumstance penalty for being the bard.
#NotAllGhosts
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Shinan

...an actual bad trailer...

Umm...can we...ummm, I don't know...can we agree to disagree?
I can go so far as to say that it's a very average 80s trailer.

vs.

Hit play at the same time.
That is amazing. Apart from the opening there are certain things that match completely. For me it was especially spooky when in one they talked about "I'll show you ghosts" (pacman ghosts or something) and at the same time there was the ghostbusters lined up :D
pianotm

I'll at least give the movie a chance, and the credits block restores some of my faith in this production. I mean, you have Ivan Reitman and Dan Aykroyd producing (although Ali Bell is the asshole responsible for chopping up the Daredevil movie and then insulting people for preferring the director's cut). I hope that what we have here is just a bad trailer (and yes, it is a bad trailer).
I'm really torn about this.

As an enthusiast of this IP (my all time fave growing up, Real Ghostbusters4LYFE), I badly want to like this, I want it to be good, I have this burning desire for new stuff.

On the other hand, the trailer is bad. Period. Not exciting, not funny, and there's this thing, this tiny aspect that's driving me batty: the original films managed to by funny, to be strong, without the need to make every joke overtly gross or sexual, which are sort of the direction Paul Feig tends to take his jokes in. I don't mind that stuff, but we're not talking about a reboot of Porky's.

I dunno, also, in the original, the humor wasn't this obnoxious, gigantic wink at the audience, which this movie has all over it. Like, 'oh hey guys, check it out, look what we're doing, right?' The original takes itself remarkably seriously, overall, and the humor lies almost entirely in Peter Venkman. This, and every particle of comedy lately, has all been this little wink, like bad community theater mugging for screentime.

Dunno. Maybe good, maybe bad. But me want good.
Well, I mean, there isn't any harm in at least trying it, is there? You can rent it and check it out at least once. There have been some movies out there that have had some terrible trailers, but have been pretty good when you watch the whole thing.

Previews can make a really good, or really bad, first impression; Sometimes irrelevant, and sometimes not. It's really just a 50/50 split that's all up to you in the end, you know?

This is the ghostbusters I remember most as a kid.
author=kentona
This is the ghostbusters I remember most as a kid.

hell yesssssssss
GRS, make a GIF avatar of that swagger ghost. it is glorious.
(I couldn't find a good loop point for the straight walk bit, he only takes one step before the boxes appear and he starts the weave/fallback/jump bit)

e: maybe I should make those smaller!

Av sized:

e2: wait a tic I did that from my rips of the cartoon I have that promo has multiple steps I can work with! brb

e3: not well optimized but

the jump with the parallax makes it hard to watch though and I ain't pro enough to stop that from moving
unity
You're magical to me.
Oh man, that brings back memories XD
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
The Pixels trailer is also an extremely terrible trailer, and when you put them side by side like that, it's clear the two trailers were made by the same person. Both trailers also have the same side-effect of absolutely convincing me that Adam Sandler is heavily involved in those two movies, even though he's not actually shown in the trailers. Actually, I wonder if Adam Sandler made the trailers.

author=Mambratom
I dunno, also, in the original, the humor wasn't this obnoxious, gigantic wink at the audience, which this movie has all over it. Like, 'oh hey guys, check it out, look what we're doing, right?' The original takes itself remarkably seriously, overall, and the humor lies almost entirely in Peter Venkman.

If they made a new Ghostbusters movie where everything in the movie was treated 100% seriously I would go absolutely apeshit crazy with joy. "Extremely stupid ideas taken extremely seriously" is basically my favorite genre.
unity
You're magical to me.
author=LockeZ
If they made a new Ghostbusters movie where everything in the movie was treated 100% seriously I would go absolutely apeshit crazy with joy. "Extremely stupid ideas taken extremely seriously" is basically my favorite genre.

I have to agree with this. I would totally watch that! :D
author=LockeZ
The Pixels trailer is also an extremely terrible trailer, and when you put them side by side like that, it's clear the two trailers were made by the same person. Both trailers also have the same side-effect of absolutely convincing me that Adam Sandler is heavily involved in those two movies, even though he's not actually shown in the trailers. Actually, I wonder if Adam Sandler made the trailers.

Or it's the default 'Make Video Trailer Wizard' in Adobe After Effects.
pianotm
I can't stand it anymore. I have to through this out there.

author=LockeZ

You're in luck
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spectral_%28film%29
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
Wow, people were allowed to say that they didn't like the trailer here considering the all female theme. I'm surprised. Good on ya, RMN, for allowing diversity of opinions.
I usually exaggerate the stuff I say. I guess it shows that the average age here is over 20. Otherwise people would be screaming and kicking alot louder than they already are. And calling me worse things than a screaming baby.
Still, I do enjoy these discussions and at least they are usually alot more civilized than most other places. It's good fun, and some people even try to argue with me without namecalling. RMN is impressive, in some ways.