ANTICIPATED (OR NOT) MOVIES OF 2016

Since this is (again) the year of Blockbuster Sequels, I thought I'd check with you guys to see what cool movies you are anticipating that come out this year.

This is a convenient summary of some of the big upcoming ones.
"X-Men Apocalypse/Captain America 3: Civil War/Independence Day 2 Resurgance/Disneys The Jungle Book/ Jason Bourne/Baman v Superman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2/Secret Life of Pets/Deadpool/10 Cloverfield Lane"

Others off the top of my head are: Zootopia, Deadpool (watched and loved!), Suicide Squad, Finding Dory, Star Trek Beyond.

Also, the Ghostbusters reboot we are all hotly anticipating.

I still have to watch Kung Fu Panda 3.

I am super psyched for Captain America: Civil War (I thought that Winter Soldier is one of the best Marvel movies to date), so definitely that one's a must-see for me. (I don't get to movies in theatres much, since kids). I am also keen for Batman v Superman (I seem to be one of the few that actually liked Man of Steel) - the latest trailer sealed it for me. I had no idea there was another Jason Bourne movie until I saw this trailer video, and it looks awesome. X-Men Apocalypse looks quite good, too, but might wait until it hits cheap theatres. Star Trek Beyond is likely, too, since the wife loves Trek (she refused to go watch The Force Awakens with me!!). TMNT 2 was looking dumb until Krang in his human-suit was shown. Now I'm down with it! (nostalgia boner).

Since I don't have a fursona I'll wait for Zootopia to come out on video. Suicide Squad looks dumb.

The others I've listed are 'meh' to me.
I want to see Eddie the Eagle that is already out in some areas I guess.

And then there's this gem that I think is going to be amazing:

And all of the big movies of course. All the superhero ones. The Star Wars one. And probably any number of other big franchises that get a new movie this year (New Harry Potter I think? Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them)
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
author=kentona
Star Trek Beyond is likely, too, since the wife loves Trek (she refused to go watch The Force Awakens with me!!).

Can someone explain this dumb rivalry for me?The two share nothing but a sci-fi setting. -.-

I'm definitely going to watch Star Trek and Fantastic Beasts. I'll probably watch Finding Dory too, for nostalgia's sake. But most of the recent Super Hero movies I haven't cared much for. Maybe I'll go see the new X-men, but I don't think I'll watch BvS or CA3.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
This one looks neat, I have to admit.

I want to see Zootopia. That's about it. I'm going to wait for it on video due to social stigmas making it too uncomforatble to go see it in theatres alone (my only option).

I'll probably watch a shitload of movies that aren't from 2016 for the first time, though.

I don't engage in following modern movies or games very closely.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
Zootopia was boss.

I think I've seen all the stuff I really wanted to see (TFA, Deadpool) this year, but I'm gonna check out Civil War despite it looking kinda blah because I'm a dumb movieCap fangirl, and I'm gonna see Ghostbusters because uni is a huge fangirl and I'm all about nerd movies starring ladies for once.

It's been a great year for movies so far!

ETA:
author=Pizza
I want to see Zootopia. That's about it. I'm going to wait for it on video due to social stigmas making it too uncomforatble to go see it in theatres alone (my only option).

Dude I promise like nobody will care, or probably even notice. Just don't like leer at the other moviegoers or bring a waifu pillow.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
author=Sooz
ETA:
author=Pizza

Dude I promise like nobody will care, or probably even notice. Just don't like leer at the other moviegoers or bring a waifu pillow.
Seriously, man. Obviously it's up to you and how you feel but I can almost guarantee nobody will care or notice. I barely look at the people around me when I go to the movies. I'm not a big social guy like eating in the middle of a packed restaurant so I'm just there for the movie.
Tons of adults go watch cartoons or buy toys. I'm a huge toy collector and I know some people that feel weird about going out and buying toys that don't have kids. No one cares though unless you keep making a point of it. It's really not all that strange, only in your head it is because you make it that way.
the great thing about movies like Zootopia is that they actually cater and speak to older people and are sometimes funnier than adult comedies.
Especially Zootopia, seems like it has a lot of adult themes that could be hysterical because you get it.

I don't know, man. I wouldn't let that stop you.

edit:
As for the movies, I've been sorely disappointed with the X-Men movies so not really looking forward to that. Not a huge fan of Captain America but it's something I would see because i've followed the Civil War story for awhile in comics.
I'm just not a huge movie goer anymore unless I'm asked to go. I still need to see TFA for godsakes! Though there is a high number of movies I would like to see in theaters for once.
When The ex-missus and I went to see Deadpool, we saw two trailers that interested me, one of them was called The Other Side of the Door, or something like that, and the other was The Forest, and I'm taking my cousin and hopefully my friend to see Suicide Squad come august.
InfectionFiles
Oh yeah, and I really want to see 10 Cloverfield Lane!

I like the concept and John Goodman, so win win
Ooh, yes that looks to be a good one. I'll be dragging someone with me to see that one. Despite the flak the first Cloverfield got. I really enjoyed it.
InfectionFiles
I absolutely loved the fist Cloverfield, that's my kinda stuff.

I like the idea this new movie is connected but not really, it was going to be a standalone movie and then became involved with the Cloverfield universe.
So, that will be interesting how it is connected. I have a feeling when they start the bombing that might be the "fallout" they are experiencing or that the monsters have started dropping in numbers and are destroying the world. Who knows though!
That's is something I'd like to see in theaters for the chills.

It might help that I've been mapping a bunker for my latest project though :P
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
author=Pyramid_Head
When The missus and I went to see Deadpool, we saw two trailers that interested me, one of them was called The Other Side of the Door, or something like that, and the other was The Forest, and I'm taking my cousin and hopefully my friend to see Suicide Squad come august.

Othr Side is apparently pretty crap, and reviews seem to say the Forest is nigh unwatchable. I hear good things about the Witch, tho, if you want horror. (I won't watch it for minor spoiler reasons, but it sounds really neat.)

ETA: I don't know shit about the new Cloverfield thing. Is it more found footage stuff? Found footage is totally my jam.
InfectionFiles
Sadly, no Sooz :(

I'm a fan of found footage too, but this is a movie movie
I have been waiting for the Apocalypse arc to be adapted so I'll be watching that. Also want to see Deadpool, Star Trek and Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.

I'm not really much of a movie person. I'll go sometimes if I'm super interested in a movie (like The Hobbit), but otherwise I'll just watch when it comes to video (and even then, not always. There's a huge backlog I gotta catch up on.)

I guess I'm not really a movie buff. >.<;
Sooz
author=kentona
TFA?

New Star Wars
author=pianotm
This one looks neat, I have to admit.

The only thing that bothers me is that this looks very little like the Pete's Dragon I knew. In more ways than one.

I get that taking old, easy-going cartoons and movies, and sending them to the darkifier has been a big thing, but really.......

Again, this is coming from someone who isn't really a movie watcher, but I still have my nostalgic feelings from the Disney cartoons I grew up with. I can't wait to see what they do to movies like 'Fox and the Hound' or 'Aristocats'. Or 'Dumbo'.

Or any of them, really.

You know they're going to remake them all.
unity
You're magical to me.
author=kentona
Since I don't have a fursona I'll wait for Zootopia to come out on video.

I don't have a fursona either but I found Zootopia to be really excellent! ^_^

I also enjoyed Deadpool and the new Star Wars.
Sooz

InfectionFiles
I don't know, man. I wouldn't let that stop you.

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I realize that I'm sick of being overly concerned about that shit, and that I'd just end up feeling shitty or getting spoiled or something if I didn't go to see it. So I'm thinking that I'm gonna go check it out on the weekend.

Aetherrevival
You know they're going to remake them all.

A Fox and the Hound remake would be so terrible. That movie is a treasure.
Deltree
doesn't live here anymore
Independence Day 2. To be fair, I was 13 when the original one released, and it spoke to me like no other movie that summer. Well, except for maybe The Rock.