[RM2K3] HAVE INSTALLED RTP GAMES CLAIM I HAVEN'T

Pages: 1
I've encountered this trouble with the games demanding the RTP.
So I download the RTP, I install it and click the game.
The game claims I have not installed the RTP.
I am quite frankly at a loss for what to do here.
Anyone got an answer or have encountered something similar?
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
There's more than one RTP. First, with RM2K3's release on Steam, there are two versions: the bootleg version, which already has 2 or 3 RTPs, and the legal version. It's an easy enough fix. The only difference between RTPs is the file name. If you have a game that's working with the bootleg version, then that means you have its RTP. First, you'll need harmony.dll, so copy that and drop that in the game's project folder, then the game should run even though it doesn't have the RTP. Make sure you also have the RGSS202 dll file. This will at least allow the game to run. When the game starts, the first file it will look for is system2, so go ahead and go into your system 2 folder and rename one of the files system2. Then it will look for main or world. Go into RTP folder of a working game made on the bootleg 2k3, go into tile or chipsets, and check to see if the file that your game is looking for is in the folder. If it is, you know you've got the right RTP. Copy the RTP folder and drop it into the game that's having the problem. If you can't find the right RTP, you'll have to rename each file as the game asks for them. It's easy. Actor1 is Hero1, World is Main, and so on and so forth. I think people, objects, and monsters are the same for all of the bootleg version RTPs.
Pages: 1