RMN HEARTHSTONE FIRESIDE

Pages: 1
Happy
Devil's in the details
I was meaning to do this in the past... but I shall do it now!

Hearthstone players unite! (... I know that at least Mawk plays...)

Does anyone here play in the EU bracket? What class do you prefer? What are you going to play in Whispers of the Old Gods?

I was just playing arena and a hunter had lethal on me. I had almost conceded on my previous turn, but I just decided to wait him to kill me instead. Well, instead he plays a discover minion and passes the turn, and I get to kill him...? Is it possible he miss clicked the pass turn button after discover? But oh man...
I played Hearthstone for about a day. I didn't manage to get into it. (because I play so many other digital card games. Solforge! Star Realms! World of Tanks Generals! Panzer General Online! Card Hunter!)
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
I played it from beta to a little before Goblins & Gnomes, then for like three days after Grand Tournament dropped.

Game is a money-sucking RNG-fest with great presentation and boring/samey matches. I have no idea how it got ESPORTSIFIED. I also can't really stand blizzard, and a lot of that dismay probably comes from how poorly they've treated the HS playerbase.

=|
Happy
Devil's in the details
author=Craze
I played it from beta to a little before Goblins & Gnomes, then for like three days after Grand Tournament dropped.

Game is a money-sucking RNG-fest with great presentation and boring/samey matches. I have no idea how it got ESPORTSIFIED. I also can't really stand blizzard, and a lot of that dismay probably comes from how poorly they've treated the HS playerbase.

=|

I agree that at some points the RNG factor has been frustratingly high and that certain cards and decks have dominated the ranked play too much, but now that they're changing the format set up by introducing standard and wild, and cycling the over powered Naxxramas and GvG cards out of the rotation it seems very promising and fresh again.

Though we'll find out how well it works in a feew weeks once The Old Gods is out. D:
I've been playing since beta, and still play actively, although nothing really more than just my dailies nowadays. Favourite classes are Priest and Mage. My Priest deck is bad, but it's fun when it gets the chance to shine. My Mage deck is a pretty standard tempo Mage with a few alterations, but it's fun to play and I love Unstable Portal and Nexus-Champion Saraad. Very slowly working towards golden Heroes, with Paladin probably becoming my next one (still far away from it, lol).

Looking forward to the new expansion. Will probably try building some decks around the Old Gods and it'll be interesting to see how Standard format will change the game.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
my big issue is that it feels like there's no room for casual decks. i like gimmicky shit but there's no "casual mode" because casual mode is harder than ranked, but in ranked it feels bad to lose so there's no experimentation ahsofnlasdkfhahahah

i prefer playing edh in magic =P
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
It's definitely a money sink. If anyone thinks Magic the Gathering is bad or expensive then they need to look at HS. Paying money to be good at a virtual card game! YAY!

Nothing against you guys playing, I played MTG forever and it just doesn't become worth it. At least I was able to resell my cards or have stuff to hold and look at and give away to friends.

edit: I actually still play MTG, just very, very casually. I can't get into the mindset of I NEED THIS AND THIS AND THAT AND A PLAYSET OF THAT COOL WHITE WEENIE CARD THAT HAPPENS TO BE RARE AND $$$
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
I have a lot of fun running gimmicky decks like Astral Communion or Summoning Stone, although I never get past rank 15 or 10.

Anyway,

Happy
Devil's in the details
Oh man that was a new one. I love Hearthstone songs. This is top tier as well:

Gimmicky decks and deck building are the best things! I always try to climb the ladder with an original deck idea, rather than go for netdecks. I had some successful dragon decks for shaman and paladin in Blackrock and in the Grand Tournament, but during LoE I have become pretty tired of the meta and trying to climb.

Old Gods seems so promising from deck building perspective. You've got a whole new environment to work with. :3

Dream: reach legendary with own deck one day...
author=Craze

And not just the HS playerbase

I played this game two years ago... I remember, the intro for me was a big cringey (a bit.. "childish" in a way). I reached like rank 13-14, and could not keep up with the wallet warriors. Then I decided to do something worth my time more :D
Happy
Devil's in the details
So, now all the new cards and card nerfs have been revealed. I'm leaning towards deathrattle rogue myself. I am going to try a Reno variation first, and other one with a bit better tempo.

Golden N'zoth maybee...

ps. Idols of Azeroth must be my new favorite TB.
Pages: 1