RMN VOICE TALENT SEARCH

Pages: 1
Happy
Devil's in the details
Hey! I'm looking for some new announcers to RMN's future audio posts!

I am looking to have some variety in some of the coming announcements, so any voice types are welcome! You should have a good microphone capable of recording clear quality audio with no notable background noise or other audio artifacts.

The commissions will generally be short, ranging from 15 seconds to 1 minute.
I'm not expecting a great tonal range, or range of expressions, but it would be good if you had a good control over your voice and manner of speech.

If you're interested, send me a PM, or email to musicpack@rpgmaker.net
Include a sample of your work eg. an example announcement consisting of couple of sentences.

Professionals should include their price quote.

For reference of quality I am expecting, and the type of instance your voice will be used at, see: https://soundcloud.com/rpgmakernet

Cheers,
Happy
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
I really should get myself a nice microphone. Maybe after my summer paycheck comes in... won't be able to help out until then, though.
are children screaming and playing and asking constant questions in the background considered notable?
Happy
Devil's in the details
author=Craze
I really should get myself a nice microphone. Maybe after my summer paycheck comes in... won't be able to help out until then, though.

Looking forward to that! I should get one too...

author=kentona
are children screaming and playing and asking constant questions in the background considered notable?

That could actually be a fun take if the mic quality's good.
It's a shitty Plantronics USB headset that has terrible issues with recording volume. I think it has to do with the internal soundcard on my MB (Realtek HD Audio). I spent months fucking around with it off and on to no avail. Apparently there are issues with Realtek and Windows 7/8/10 recording volumes for USB headsets. Google it sometime if you are bored and want to read pages upon pages of frustrated users dating back 7 years to the present!
Are we scouting out any new voices for future podcasts, or is this just the Music Pack? Because I'd totally be down.

If Craze and I did one together, it'd be comedic gold tbh.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
I'd be interested in giving this a shot as well. I have a hyperX gaming headset that comes with a built-in microphone, though it's kind of a pain to set up on my computer as I have to switch out my speakers.

As far as examples, I'm not sure if I have any good ones. I have LPs on my youtube channel that consists of aimless babbling. :x

author=Blindmind

This is something I want to see.
Happy
Devil's in the details
author=Blindmind
Are we scouting out any new voices for future podcasts, or this just the Music Pack? Because I'd totally be down.

I'm pretty much just scouting any usable voices in the community, at all. I don't know about possible future podcasts and whatnot, but at least I'd be able to refer people to whoever would be organizing them. (And I could possibly be involved anyway, helping with editing and stuff.)
i think i have a pretty good voice when I focus -- had to learn how to articulate and express myself properly during my 2 years as a language teacher -- so I think it could be fun! But I'm having some problems with my mic port, some gate noise >_>
recently bought a better mic but stiiiill gate noise
oh but my xperia's audio is pretty decent, with some virtual cleanup it could do great I think hopefully maybe who knows

still sounds interesting! / >3<)/ up-up gonna PM u tomorrow :)
Blobofgoo
Legs are a burden. Return to snek.
Can you use any voice? Even young, amateurish ones?
Happy
Devil's in the details
author=Blobofgoo
Can you use any voice? Even young, amateurish ones?

Could be case specific. You can send me a sample and we can see.
I definitely want to give this a shot sometime down the road. I'm going to hold off for a little while though, since I want to practice my VA a bit more and get a better mic as well. Good luck, everyone! Can't wait to hear some awesome announcements!
I'd be down with this. I did pick up a new mic and screen, though haven't worked out all the bugs for it (shouldn't take much though). What do we do if we were interested? I've been doing Let's Play's for RMN games and other stuff with Kylaila so if you check my youtube channel you can see a bit of it.

-EKG
Pages: 1