HEY GUYS, RMN HAS A TWITTER TOO!

Pages: first 12 next last
That Twitter tab you see up there isn't just for decoration; our Twitter is now up and running again after taking a little nap.

https://twitter.com/rpgmaker

Twitter is one of the best social media outlets for game developers and gamers alike, and now RMN has joined the fray. If you have a Twitter, I highly recommend following us to get the laser focused latest in RMN news, hot games (the best of the best on the site), events, and just game development juicy tidits.

If you don't have a Twitter and you're developing a game, I highly recommend you getting one. Twitter, like I mentioned above, is one of the hottest means of social media outreach to game developers, and even your gamepages can get in on the action.

Yes, you can now link your game's Twitter to your gamepage on RMN. To do so, just go to your game's Twitter settings, 'Widget', create the Widget to your specs, copy the Widget code, and on RMN, navigate to 'Manage Games', and paste that code, and you're set!

So check it out! And if you're cool enough, you or your game just might appear on RMN's Twitter.
also sometimes I log in and tweet nonsense.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Ah! We're joining the twits at Twitter, are we? Apparently, I'm one of the twits who's been following RMN for well over a year, now...
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
I... I want to be cool enough. I guess I'll do it...
author=kentona
also sometimes I log in and tweet nonsense.
I had my gamepages linked to my Twitter before it was cool
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Pizza
I had my gamepages linked to my Twitter before it was cool

I hear that's also the best time to drink coffee...
Great! Now do the same for Facebook (and Tumblr too) :p
I noticed that spambot, uh slackbot, was a bot more vocal lately in chat.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=Red_Nova
I... I want to be cool enough. I guess I'll do it...

One thing you'll be surprised of is how fast information circulates on Twitter. Your posts are almost bound to get retweeted, followed, or liked within minutes. It's kind of nuts.
Deltree
doesn't live here anymore
Disclaimer: As an old person, Twitter scares me and I don't use it correctly, so don't let my examples dissuade you!
author=Deltree
Disclaimer: As an old person, Twitter scares me and I don't use it correctly, so don't let my examples dissuade you!

Twitter is where you go to get blocked by people who can't handle dissenting opinions
author=Deltree

My advice is to make two like I have. My gamedev one for professional purposes, and my personal one where I post inane nonsense and retweet @dril.
I’ve never really been interested in using something like Twitter or Facebook for anything, although people keep bugging me at work that I should eventually get one and join the 21st century sometime in the next decade, lol. It’s not that I hate social media, or anything like that, it’s just that I like my privacy and I get overwhelmed extremely easy when I have too much on my plate to do, which is why RMN is really the only social media type of site that I go on and I likes that way.

I mean, yeah, I guess I could get one to post updates or what not on what I’m doing in regards to game making – or even writing reviews on other people’s games and all – but I just like my privacy more and would rather just slowly work on something behind the scenes without the fears of having to update or post something every day or two just to appease the masses. I like being quiet and having my own space…especially when it comes to game making (because I’m slow as f**kkkkk).
TehGuy
Resident Nonexistence
Yeah, if you care about privacy then I'd stay away (esp facebook) unless you're willing to set up some fake info and some burner emails

author=kentona
ere you go to get blocked by people who can't handle dissenting opinions

And try to have arguments using 150 characters or less, sometimes over multiple posts, that can be taken out of context at any moment because you don't have enough characters to fully get a message across o3o
I'm kinda with Addit. I like my privacy. I don't need a Twitter or Facebook to be seen as 'cool'.
author=Addit
I’ve never really been interested in using something like Twitter or Facebook for anything, although people keep bugging me at work that I should eventually get one and join the 21st century sometime in the next decade, lol. It’s not that I hate social media, or anything like that, it’s just that I like my privacy and I get overwhelmed extremely easy when I have too much on my plate to do, which is why RMN is really the only social media type of site that I go on and I likes that way.

Twitter is cool to have as an overall. Have you ever chatted with platinum's Hideki Kamiya? That dude is great. Also being able to just message and get a reply back from a game developer/or instant support from a company is one of the benefits of twitter. I get faster support in Twitter Paypal than Paypal Tech Support as one of many examples.

You don't have to post anything special anyway unless you are aiming to expand your horizons and creative output. And my facebook is all about food recipes and steampunk...I like harassing my friends.
author=Archeia_Nessiah
Have you ever chatted with platinum's Hideki Kamiya?

I've tried 10000000000000 times, repeating again and again, but to no avail.

Really though, I love his whole twitter aesthetic. And he's usually pretty good about replying to people.
I only use Twitter to tease people, like Nessy.
It's less about social media being 'cool' for me and more about connection and functionality, I have a lot of friends and family in a lot of places, and social media helps me see what's going on and what's new with them, and also to communicate. And no, before you ask, I'm not individually calling up dozens of people on the phone.

Things like Facebook and Twitter also have a lot of cool stuff in an auxiliary way too; it's a great way to get news on things you're interested in and things like that.
Pages: first 12 next last