[RMVX ACE] NON-INTERRUPTING MESSAGE DISPLAY

Pages: 1
Hey everyone.

I have a quick question regarding parallel process events/picture display and message boxes in RMVXA. Basically, the problem is that I need to use parallel processes to animate pictures on the map for lighting and eventually weather, but displaying a message freezes parallel processes and stops the animation:

So that lighthouse beam should rotate between four pictures to simulate movement, but every time a message pops up the beam freezes in place, ruining the scene. I need a fix for this, since there will also be weather effects created by picture animation later on.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Huh, that's weird. I never knew message boxes did that, maybe it's specific to VX Ace...

Anyway, does the appearance of the message box freeze the parallel process immediately, or does it only prevent it from restarting again once it has run through all the event commands? (Basically, does the animation freeze at the same animation frame/picture every time?
If the latter is the case, try placing a Label command at the beginning of the parallel process and a corresponding Jump to Label command at the end. This should cause the parallel process to never have to restart itself, but to keep looping infinitely.
That's sorted it out. Thanks!
unity
You're magical to me.
Oh, cool! This helps me out, too! :D I was having a similar problem XD
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Nice! I'm glad to hear that worked.

Labels are the best thing in RPG Maker since Variables and Conditional Branches.
Pages: 1