CEILING PASSABILITY ERROR [RMVX ACE]

Pages: 1
Blobofgoo
Legs are a burden. Return to snek.
My character is able to walk from ground tiles to ceiling tiles as shown in this pic:

Is there anyway to fix this?
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/7625-vxace-passabilities-bug/

The script corrections that Neon Black talks about are probably going to be your preferred method for dealing with this.
Blobofgoo
I'm a little confused where to implement Neon Black's addition and how it will affect my mapping.
pianotm
Shaz
check_passage starts on line 441 in the script, but the actual line to be commented out is 444.

It should not affect terrain/ladder/bush as the method JUST checks passability. What it WILL affect is any tile that has a star as passability - it would look instead at the 4 directions.

That's on Game_Map, btw.
This is literally the only link I know that addresses this problem, and I don't know anything about scripting. I just find it, follow directions, and if it doesn't work, find something else.
Blobofgoo
Does that make stars obselete? So I would need to change all of my stars?
pianotm
No, from the way I understand it, if you use stars, the system only checks the star tile, and what this does is it makes the system check the tile below to see if it's a circle or an x, and then checks if the upper layer is starred.

I don't understand how this corrects the overlapping problem, but then I only know a couple scripting languages, neither of them are Ruby, and my understanding is basic at best, anyway.

Edit: Oh, I get it, the layer check is ignoring arrow passability.
There is an option to set each tile to have a certain passability from each cardinal direction. You could simply block those directions in which the player would be able to walk from ground to ceiling tile.

Forgive me if you already tried this and I didn't see you mention it.
Blobofgoo
You can't change auto tiles' directional passability.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Is your B Tile upper left most tile set to star? I ask because I did this recently when editing a tile set and it bonks your ceiling tiles.
Blobofgoo
It's set to star.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
As a temp solution you can place X blank tiles there until an answer comes. :(
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
My hack solution is/was not use autotiles for cliffs, but to make/set the relevant tiles on an "A5" set of tiles, or as an "E" set of tiles. This is a hack that I used for at least Okiku, Star Apprentice, and will probably make an appearance in Nakaishi Wars.
Pages: 1