ENGINE PAGES GOING FORWARD (?)

Pages: 1
Zeigfried_McBacon
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
As a few of you may know, I am trying to keep engine pages more up to date(with liberty helping by changing stuff for me as needed), and if possible, more informational. However, if possible, Id also like to make them more useful to the community at large. This means I need some feedback from you folks as to what you feel is needed, or what you want to see at the very least.
Keep in mind when I created the Engine pages way back when, they were just cobbled together quickly so that we could have SOMETHING there. We are not particularly committed to the current design!
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
The first things that come to mind would be to add information on where the engines are available and for which platforms (if they cost money), what their strengths and weaknesses are (especially relevant for the RPG Maker series) and in which languages they are avaliable. I'd like to see a section where experienced members can "review" individual engines in order to give newcomers a better overview over what these engines are capable of. (This could potentially be abused for advertising or hating, so we should be careful with that.)

Also, it would be nice to have a list of links integrated into the engine profiles that direct users to other site that have relevant stuff pertaining to the engines in question, such as recources, scripts, tutorials or even games.

I also think a small section that shows off the most popular/well-made/well-received games on RMN for each engine. Maybe equivalent to a games list search for a combination of the Featured Games and the chosen engine?
Zeigfried_McBacon
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
Ok, posting now since (hopefully) things have slowed down enough.

author=kentona
Keep in mind when I created the Engine pages way back when, they were just cobbled together quickly so that we could have SOMETHING there. We are not particularly committed to the current design!

speaking of which I need to work on a new design...

author=NeverSilent
The first things that come to mind would be to add information on where the engines are available and for which platforms (if they cost money), what their strengths and weaknesses are (especially relevant for the RPG Maker series) and in which languages they are avaliable. I'd like to see a section where experienced members can "review" individual engines in order to give newcomers a better overview over what these engines are capable of. (This could potentially be abused for advertising or hating, so we should be careful with that.)

Also, it would be nice to have a list of links integrated into the engine profiles that direct users to other site that have relevant stuff pertaining to the engines in question, such as recources, scripts, tutorials or even games.

I also think a small section that shows off the most popular/well-made/well-received games on RMN for each engine. Maybe equivalent to a games list search for a combination of the Featured Games and the chosen engine?

1) In future designs, im hoping to make license and cost separate things.

2)Where to get an engine is already available, though having a way to point out several locations for it could be possible.

3)I would like to present the engines in as objective yet neutral manner as possible, but pro's vs cons might be possible.

4)I do intend on doing reviews of engines personally (in fact I did one as an article, though like most things of mine, has gone unnoticed).

5)More links in the right direction? I think that can be managed.

6)Best games for an engine, as in prime examples or best of the engine? probably could be done though im not sure if kentona would want to bother going that far with the engine pages.
Pages: 1