RPG LIMIT BREAK 2016 - RPG SPEEDRUN MARATHON FOR CHARITY!

Pages: 1

You can start watching right away from RPGLitmitBreak.com!

Direct link to the twitch.tv channel

Here's the schedule automatically converted for your time zone!

What is RPG Limit Break?
RPG Limit Break is an annual charity speedrunning marathon, the next of which will take place May 9-14, 2016 in Salt Lake City, supporting the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI). The schedule for RPGLB 2016 can be found here.

All Twitch channel subscription and ad revenue goes towards expenses for putting on the marathon (equipment/venue space/web hosting/etc).

For more info and regular updates, follow us on Twitter: @RPGLimitBreak!

VODs of past streams are available on our Youtube channel.

-Basically they play and beat RPGs as quick as possible for charity. There's incentives to donate, such as choosing names for characters or adding extra challenges or just to show off some glitches! There's weird stuff, glitchy stuff, tough stuff, RPG stuff, and hopefully some stuff for everybody!

What is NAMI?
"NAMI is the National Alliance on Mental Illness, the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness. NAMI advocates for access to services, treatment, supports and research and is steadfast in its commitment to raise awareness and build a community for hope for all of those in need."

-- For more information, visit nami.org

How can I donate?
There's a link to donate and take part in donation challenges! You can see all bidding and donation incentives here.

I wear shirts with video game stuff on it, what can this do for me?
The Yetee has some shirts designed just for RPG Limit Break! $3 of every shirt sold goes to NAMI too so you can support the charity and get the latest fashions!

Mario & Luigi repeatedly opening a portal to the hell dimension was very powerful
Pixel puke is a very powerful reagent in casting 'gotta go fast'!
Some recommendations:

Valkyrie Profile 2 is ran by Tide, who is a great guy, also things can go horribly wrong because of the physics in the battle system

Wild Arms is completely insane and destroys all boundaries of the game's programming. They're using the demo disc version to beat the full game to give you an idea.

Drakkhen
Drakkhen is always magical to watch and I hope Mr & Mrs Pots&Pans make a special appearance
My boy tonic's running Dragon Quest III on Saturday. Look forward to it!
They just had the Quest for Glory series with live dev commentary. A+++ best run so far just because of that (and I also love the QfG series and dev commentary). At some point the Cole's new game, Hero-U came up, and being a marathon Hero-U's website was immediately taken out by a sudden wave of congestion.
"You can donate to us on the Hero-U site uhhhhhhhhh yes you probably should donate to RPG Limit Break instead"

FF13 is a really good run for a flawed game!
I saw about half of FF13 but like actually playing FF13 I just can't get into it at all. Bosses got wrecked hard and all that but I just couldn't care about it. It wasn't like the commentary or run were bad or anything either!

I did like the FF5 run but it's always disappointing in a game with so many solutions the most common one is death by math or copious amounts of gil toss.
Gotta go fast.

Challenge runs are where RPG systems tend to shine but those aren't the sexy thing, 4JF aside
Yeah, can't argue that. Killing Atomos via Black Shock / Lv5 Death is a lot quicker than any Sleep Sword shenanigans!

*insert video of killing Lost Number via poison here*
Drakkhen

"I need to drown myself now"

Edit: DRAKKHEN IS DEAD.
I completely missed it
I'll have to catch its VOD later, Drakkhen is always special
Pages: 1