FINAL FANTASY MAFIA (GAME OVER)

Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
I just realized people are picking basic skills, while I picked the level 2 version of a skill. If my mug needs to start off as steal and later be upgraded to mug that's totally fine as well.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
LockeZ said he's going to scale these to fit the system. Mug is technically more powerful, but if you wanted to pick pocket or something with your skill... it'd obviously not be stealthy. So, I can already see the alternative uses in this.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
You can pick Throw Stone or Ultima, it's fine either way. The latter will not necessarily be more powerful than the former.
Dudesoft
Mine is a potential crutch!
oh dang I should have picked Suicide...
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
MORE PEOPLE! MORE!
Kloe
I lost my arms in a tragic chibi accident
Okay, if you want I'll join, Lockez!

Heal and Tissue please!
Yay this going to be fun what ever it is :DDD
LockeZ
OK, signups are now closed!

Let me go over the rules of the game in a little more detail before we get started:

MWAHHAHAHAHAHAHA! I TRICKED YOU ALL!
IT WAS MAFIA AGAIN THE WHOLE TIME!!!!!!!!

RULES:

Each game consists of several town aligned citizens and a small group of scum aligned mafia killers. The players must catch and lynch the killers in order to win. This game follows rules which are modified from the typical mafia.

BASIC RULES IN EFFECT:

1. Do not share any PMs from the moderator. Your private messages must be kept secret. You may describe what was in them, but directly quoting any portion of them will result in mod-kill.

2. The game is divided into day phases of 48 hours and night phases of 24 hours. There will be no talking on the main thread during night phase. Members sharing private chats may talk at any time.

3. No talking to other players about the game outside of Mafia, and NO PMING! You can PM me, but that's it. Obviously, the no PM rule is on the honor system but if I find out, there will be consequences.

4. Each day, players discuss who is most likely to be mafia and vote for one person to be voted off of the game. Voting follows standard rules. Votes are to be presented in the thread, using the following format: #Lynch lockez. If you for any reason you change your mind, use the following tag: #Cancel A lynch is successful when more than half of the players vote for the same person, or when the 48 hour day period ends. If there is a tie when the day ends, multiple people will be lynched.

5. Each night, scum will tell me who they want to kill, and other players will use their powers and items. Scum will have their own private chatroom to discuss who to kill.

6. You must post daily. If you're not talking, you're not playing the game. If you're not playing the game, then why are you here?

7. No editing posts. Only the moderator may edit his posts, and he can also edit you right into the grave if you break this rule too many times. However, double-posting is allowed in this topic.

8. No dead posting. If you're dead, you're dead.

ADDITIONAL RULES:

1. Kinda-Public Roles. Every player has a power, which were chosen before the game started. Most powers can be used once per night phase. Although you all know the names of each-others' powers, you don't know what they actually do. You can only try to guess.

2. Items. Similarly, every player starts with an item. Most items can be used only once and then are used up. Although you all know the names of each-others' items, you don't know what they actually do.

3. Experience Points. If someone is lynched during the day phase, and you were one of the people who votes for them, you gain 1 experience point. At 2 EXP you reach level 2, and at 5 EXP you reach level 3. Each additional level grants you another ability, which will not be publicly posted. It is to your benefit to join the bandwagon!

I will be sending out PMs to each player describing their role and their powers, and then we will get started later this weekend.
unity
You're magical to me.
Wow, you crafty bastard! XD

Fine, Mafia it is.
Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
Oh, Mafia.

Sorry, I really dislike Mafia. I'm out.
LockeZ
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
LockeZ, you're a sneaky son of a lich.

Do you need to know anything about Final Fantasy in order to participate in this game? If not, I suppose I could take Seiromem's place.
LockeZ
You don't, but if you join to replace him I'm just going to assign you a random ability and item instead of letting you pick, since knowing that they'll be used in mafia would give you a massive advantage in choosing intelligently.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Sure, that's fine. I have no idea what any of those abilities or items do anyway (except for Phoenix Down, I guess).
Kloe
Dang it, I wanted to do the next mafia event... :(
Well, I was actually a little iffy on the FF part, the fact it's mafia makes it easier for me, so game on I guess!
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Oh, it's a mafia game?

I dunno how I feel about that. Kloe did dibs the next mafia game.

Also, I'm not looking for a high investment game at the moment. I want to focus on the planning of the Dangan Ronpa Forum Game. Sorry LockeZ, maybe another time.
Dudesoft
Sonova...
Well. Good thing I didn't pick Suicide, after all!
LockeZ
Obviously I couldn't call dibs on SURPRISE MAFIA!

If you didn't have time to participate... why did you join? I specifically said that you need to be able to join in a couple times per day in the rules. Please don't leave, this game format specifically depends on people not knowing it's mafia until after they have signed up.
Kloe
It's okay LockeZ, I can wait for your one to finish, I just feel a little bad for Tangled who wanted to run a mafia event too, and is going after me, he has to wait so so long...
author=LockeZ
If you're not playing the game, then why are you here?
Because you tricked us, you numpty. :<

I was actually really looking forward to a laid-back RP-type thing, but fine, I'll stick around. Even though I'm about burned out with mafia currently.

To be fair, there is only a set amount of mafia you can play before you need to recharge the batteries a bit, so I'm not surprised some are a bit burned out. I think this'll be the last mafia for me (bar kloe's because she'll kill me if I skip out on that) for a while. Better make it a good one!

I think part of the reason is also that mafia requires you to jump back and forth in the thread, reading and re-reading lots of posts to weed out the people who are scum and just trying to find clues, where-as an RP game is more about just responding to what the GM says, only having to refer to stats at the most.