FINAL FANTASY MAFIA (GAME OVER)

Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=Ratty524
Wait, what exactly is the "jester" role besides just being a distraction? Are they common in Mafia games?

a role that wins by being lynched
So basically everyone but that one person loses? Why are you even risking a vote on them, then? To "serve as evidence as to why jesters should not be used" is rediculous, it'll still end the game early.

author=InfectionFiles
I gotta ask, do y'all think LockeZ would go for optimal play? as in optimal scum team? I can see him doing that.

if it's random then great, but I dont put it past LockeZ to want a strong opposition.

anyways

#lynch Ratty524 because he's a rat

Ratty524
author=pianotm
Ratty524
Wait, what exactly is the "jester" role besides just being a distraction? Are they common in Mafia games?
If you kill the jester, s/he wins. Everybody else loses.

Welp that answers my question.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Totally not the only thing that might be going on here. Refer to the video I posted to the previous page.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
there are jester variants that don't end the game. they just win and leave. if there is one in this setup then I would like for it to end asap regardless.

I feel strongly enough about that bad infectionfiles post to lynch him instead though.
Firstly:
author=Blobofgoo
May I remind people that items were picked before roles were assigned.

author=LockeZ
The main gimmick of this game is that the names, but not the effects, of everyone's starting skills and starting items are listed publicly.

Yes, Blob, that's why I was saying to lynch the people with the scummiest-sounding skills/items. Because they're more likely to be scrub-based.

Secondly, I'm fine with taking that chance that Kloe is the Jester. Let's just lynch her and get that issue out of the way. Either way it'll be an interesting game:
- she's town and she gets wrecked and gives us information.
- she's jester and the shortest game in the history of mafia occurs. Record breaking 4 lyfe!
- she's mafia and we get mucho XPs.

If she is Jester then we just roll with it, I say.
#lynch Kloe
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=Liberty
Firstly:
author=Blobofgoo

author=LockeZ
The main gimmick of this game is that the names, but not the effects, of everyone's starting skills and starting items are listed publicly.

Yes, Blob, that's why I was saying to lynch the people with the scummiest-sounding skills/items. Because they're more likely to be scrub-based.

this makes no sense to me. does it make sense to anyone.
Ratty524
I don't know why anyone here fancies the idea of having the "shortest game in history" or crap like that just for it's novelty.

Meanwhile we have a questionable post by IF that's just skirting by. Like, how the hell are you even concerned about how LockeZ arranged his scum team, IF?
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=Liberty
Firstly:
author=Blobofgoo

author=LockeZ

Because obviously powers are going to be based on the items and skills we picked, so going for the more scummy-sounding skills/items are more likely to net us a negative power.

It's pretty self-explanatory.
pianotm
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
Liberty
this makes no sense to me. does it make sense to anyone.[/quote

We got our skills and abilities before the game was started. They both know that. She's just trying to meta the shit out of everyone.
pianotm
author=pianotm
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
Liberty
We got our skills and abilities before the game was started. They both know that. She's just trying to meta the shit out of everyone.
@Liberty If it was that obvious it'd suck because there'd be nothing preventing scum from doing the same thing back and murdering anyone with a seer/doctor sounding power.

@Cave I've mostly given up following Liberty's mafialogic, but there's some merit in looking for anti-town *effects* and those linking those up to items/skills. It's not something I think we should be doing immediately at any rate.

@Ratty Jesters that immediately end the game suck because they're such a binary thing. Voting to kill them immediately should at least start encouraging hosts to not add them, unless they want to see their games end immediately.
Ratty524
author=Liberty
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=Liberty
Firstly:
author=Blobofgoo

author=LockeZ

Because obviously powers are going to be based on the items and skills we picked, so going for the more scummy-sounding skills/items are more likely to net us a negative power.

It doesn't make sense because items were picked BEFORE people were assigned roles. I can't speak for everyone else, but the item I got was the one I asked for, so I'm assuming that everyone got what they asked for. How can you make a conscious decision on your item of choice without knowing what role you are going to play to begin with?
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=Liberty
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=Liberty
Firstly:
author=Blobofgoo

author=LockeZ

do you actually think that lockez would obviously telegraph several peoples roles in the op (kloe has heal! she must be the doctor! liberty has protect! she must be the bodyguard! xoe has rend! he must be the juggernaut! ratty has hide! he must be the hider!) or can I just add you to the scumlist
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
that was a rhetorical question. liberty scum
And? So? How does that change anything at all? Like, seriously, explain how that changes the fact that LockeZ built roles and skills around the items and skills present in the game again?

That's what I'd have done. It makes sense.
I believe that he very likely did with some, yes.
author=psy_wombats
@Liberty If it was that obvious it'd suck because there'd be nothing preventing scum from doing the same thing back and murdering anyone with a seer/doctor sounding power.

@Cave I've mostly given up following Liberty's mafialogic, but there's some merit in looking for anti-town *effects* and those linking those up to items/skills. It's not something I think we should be doing immediately at any rate.

That would be where the exp and levels with new skills come into play, giving town a fair chance at getting skills that are going to help with that issue.

Why not first day? It's exactly as you guys always push "Get rid of someone to see the effects blah blah" so let's make use of this by getting rid of someone to see how their skills and abilities match up (and see if we get to see that shit when they're lynched or not).
Ratty524
author=Liberty
And? So? How does that change anything at all? Like, seriously, explain how that changes the fact that LockeZ built roles and skills around the items and skills present in the game again?

That's what I'd have done. It makes sense.

That's not what you are arguing. You are arguing that somehow the items dished out are connected to who's scum and who isn't, when again, these items were pre-selected by players who had NO IDEA what role they were going to play. A player with a "scummy-sounding" item is just as likely to be town as they are to be scum.
That doesn't mean that LockeZ didn't make those who took scummier sounding items scum. What you're arguing is that because we chose our items means that we'd know the roles that were assigned with them when, hey, guess what? We wouldn't. We don't know when LockeZ made up their effects or not - he could have just started with a list of funny items then added the effects after he doled out roles. We don't know, but I'd rather take someone out of play who seems to have an item that seems scummy than someone who seems to have something beneficial.
pianotm
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
liberty scum

Actually, it looks like typical Libby in-game logic, to me. Unorthodox, extremely unfair, and stubborn.