FINAL FANTASY MAFIA (GAME OVER)

Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Full reveal, before we get started. I had the item that allows me to see a user's ability, single use.

Unless this game is wonkos, Kloe is town.
her ability is to stop harmful effects, just like she claimed.
Dudesoft
So, my bad for looking at you wrong, Kloe.
Goddamnit. So I picked the wrong person to protect last night. I also found out that while I can't be night killed by someone, I can be put out of commission by cunning use of items - someone passed me that suspicious package and it does have a detrimental effect, so someone lied about that.

It basically blows up and kills you unless you pass it to someone else. So tonight I will have to pass it to someone else in order to not get blown up (thus removing their power ability for tomorrow night. This means I will not be able to use either of my powers tonight.)

As for suspicions - I'm still onto Kloe because of how sure she was about IF being town. Again, only mafia knows who is town and the fact she was so very sure of his innocence begs the question as to why she knew that so well, especially when he'd flipped once as mafia already.
Piano... why did you lie about there being no detrimental items when you actually started with one?
author=Dudesoft
Full reveal, before we get started. I had the item that allows me to see a user's ability, single use.

Unless this game is wonkos, Kloe is town.
her ability is to stop harmful effects, just like she claimed.

There might be an ability to change what someone looks like, don't forget. It's actually likely that a power like that exists when one like your own exists as well.
In fact, my second ability is Peep, which lets me see what someone does during the night phase. I decided to use Protect instead last night because I figured someone might be out to kill me. I picked the wrong person from the looks of it.

That said, this means that someone else other than mafia had a kill power. Whether that be item or new skill is a good question (don't answer it!)
Dudesoft
Actually, more disclosure, I have the ability to block ability and item, but gives someone a double lynch power.
Guess we'll see if I was right about who I gave double lynch.
Dudesoft
That being, you, Liberty.
That IF flipped town isn't the final word on whether he was scum or not. He mentioned /nothing/ about changing sides when we got him the first time. My guess is that scum only came up with this plan on the first night. They likely have a disguising item/ability and used it then in order to make IF appear town, and then IF came up with the story about the belt armor swapping him. Now we're even more unsure about the number of remaining scum and it turns suspicion in the complete wrong direction.

Honesty about abilities is not a surefire indicator of town. Lying about your ability would indicate that you are scum, but it doesn't exonerate you. This is why I've been stressing most of the game that verifying abilities isn't useful. It's a decent establishment of trust, though.

Anyway, there are two cases here:

1: IF was scum. In this case, my guess is Kloe was innocent, but it doesn't explain why she was so convinced he was town yesterday. Bad Kloe hunch? Keep in mind scum would've had to use the disguise /before/ Kloe started buckling down her IF defense yesterday. The "oops" in LockeZ's flavor post makes me think this is less likely.

2. IF was innocent. In this case, I can only think Kloe is scum. She was able to be 100% confident that IF was town because /she already knew everyone's alignment/. So when he flipped town, she immediately knew something was up and defended him to look innocent today. This would all be resolved if Kloe can get a convincing explanation for why she believed IF. They were both irrationally supporting each other and I don't get it.
re: double nightkill, not sure what's up. It sure reads like mafia just straight up killed two people. Gourd had triggered none of my scum-alarms and Blob just had that weird conflict on day 1, but nowhere near something I'd think a smart vigilante would be going after.
Okay, so that's weird. Yeah I got the ability to double vote, but I didn't get told my power failed or anything. As far as I'm aware it went through just fine - just a separate note was sent saying I got double-vote ability. My main PM just said that I was passed an item during the night (the aforementioned item that belonged to Piano).

Has anyone else been told if their powers failed through your skill?

Also, this means that you weren't protected last night, Dudes, if that is really your power, because you were who I chose to protect. That could have worked out pretty bad, actually (well, it didn't work out well for Blob or Gourd anyway). Imagine if someone attacked me trying to check my power out and it killed me! >.<;

Dudesoft
Kloe stops harm coming to a player. Are you saying there's a Scum who's night action is to stop death? I highly doubt it. My item let me see this. I used it on Kloe because I was absolutely sure she was scum due to her irate actions the past few days, and I find a helpful ability? She's the Doctor by my guess. I really don't think she's scum.

Note that I was for the double lynch yesterday. I truly believed the scumminess.
Now I do not at all. If abilities cound for anything, it's gotta count for alignment.
For all it matters, 'Heal' could have healed someone from life and gifted death or some weird spin.
My Rage ability blocks and gives double lynch. Therefore I must assume the power names do not exactly spell out what they do.
Also, now I'm confused. I'm sure my power says I cannot be targeted unless it hits the other person but maybe it means killing powers only? Ugh, I'm gonna have to ask for clarification because if it means I can get blocked then that's pretty bad news. It makes me not as useful as a protector.
Dudesoft
author=Liberty
Okay, so that's weird. Yeah I got the ability to double vote, but I didn't get told my power failed or anything. As far as I'm aware it went through just fine - just a separate note was sent saying I got double-vote ability. My main PM just said that I was passed an item during the night (the aforementioned item that belonged to Piano).

Has anyone else been told if their powers failed through your skill?

Also, this means that you weren't protected last night, Dudes, if that is really your power, because you were who I chose to protect. That could have worked out pretty bad, actually (well, it didn't work out well for Blob or Gourd anyway). Imagine if someone attacked me trying to check my power out and it killed me! >.<;

For what it's worth, my ability won't break the game if lost. I was more keen on believing you are town, and need a double vote coming into the final rounds.
We have too many heads to chop and no idea which way to look.

As for confirmed power pm's. No. I used it Night 1 and night 2, and only received an answer from my identify item.
@Liberty: Did the message come from piano? That'd be a red flag, most likely scum trying to prevent you from using protection so as to kill you tonight. It might be worth getting someone with a protect ability to work with you (anonymously before someone calls it, ugh) to keep you protected for the night.

@Dudesoft I think "doctor" was blob, his ability saved people from death, right? Having a roleblocker on scum isn't unusual at all, the idea is to counter town's abilities. I would also be *extremely* careful about using that double vote power tonight and onwards -- if scum has an extra vote there's a chance they can hammer. I'm partially worried about this today, even.

My power failed night 1. I received no message why.
author=Dudesoft
Kloe stops harm coming to a player. Are you saying there's a Scum who's night action is to stop death? I highly doubt it. My item let me see this. I used it on Kloe because I was absolutely sure she was scum due to her irate actions the past few days, and I find a helpful ability? She's the Doctor by my guess. I really don't think she's scum.

Note that I was for the double lynch yesterday. I truly believed the scumminess.
Now I do not at all. If abilities cound for anything, it's gotta count for alignment.
For all it matters, 'Heal' could have healed someone from life and gifted death or some weird spin.
My Rage ability blocks and gives double lynch. Therefore I must assume the power names do not exactly spell out what they do.

That could still be a scum ability - there's been a few protect-based abilities, why wouldn't scum have one? I know I'm putting my name out there with this observation, too, since I have claimed Protect but it does need saying. If there's only two scum in this game (there could be three but that's not as likely with the smaller amount of people we had in the game) then having one that can protect the other is a pretty useful skill for them.
author=psy_wombats
@Liberty: Did the message come from piano? That'd be a red flag, most likely scum trying to prevent you from using protection so as to kill you tonight. It might be worth getting someone with a protect ability to work with you (anonymously before someone calls it, ugh) to keep you protected for the night.

@Dudesoft I think "doctor" was blob, his ability saved people from death, right? Having a roleblocker on scum isn't unusual at all, the idea is to counter town's abilities. I would also be *extremely* careful about using that double vote power tonight and onwards -- if scum has an extra vote there's a chance they can hammer. I'm partially worried about this today, even.

My power failed night 1. I received no message why.

No message from piano, it was from LockeZ. Also, I doubt it was piano sending it - he started with the item meaning he'd have had to send it Night Phase 1 or be exploded. He likely sent it to someone who passed it on to me.

I'm questioning why he didn't mention that he knew of an item with a detrimental effect when we asked about them. Who did you send it to piano?
Dudesoft
Did Piano have the mysterious package for Mist village or whatever? That -could- account for a double kill.
Dudesoft
NM, just looked, yes he does.
Pianotm - Summon / Suspicious Package, Addressed To The Village Of Mist DAY 1
Liberty - Protect / Crystal Shield, Suspicious Package, Addressed To The Village Of Mist
Dudesoft - Rage / Al Bhed Primer XIV
Kloe - Heal / Tissue
SZandex - Row / 12 Hour Looping Video Of Tidus's Laugh
Psy_wombats - Drain / Ether
Ratty524 - Hide / Auto Crossbow

XoeIsCooI - Rend Shield / Smoke Bomb
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK - X-Dress / Buster Sword
InfectionFiles - Polka Polka / Clothes Made Entirely Out of Belts
Blobofgoo - Spirit Link / Collector's Catalogue
Gourd_Clae - Reflect??? / Interceptor the Dog

Item Powers:
Suspicious Package, Addressed To The Village Of Mist - Explodes you the night you get it unless you pass it on, forgoing your skill use for that night.
Clothes Made Entirely Out of Belts - Protects from one lynch(?) kill

Just keeping a track of things. Who got the bomb day 2?