FINAL FANTASY MAFIA (GAME OVER)

Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
So you just said that you passed the bomb to Liberty "for the sake of doing it" and now you are saying that you thought she was scum, and now you aren't elaborating as to why you think pianotm is scum?

Don't worry, bud, I was a mafia in my first game as well!

#lynch SZandex
I'm town. I thoight piantom is scum beacause he sended me that package. Also I'm not to mucj active for being scum. Lynch piantom
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
I will not be hanging Zander for this. It's turned into an opportunity. Ratty and Piano, your willingness to jump on his for a hotpotato is more than a little suspicious. It takes 4 to Lynch, and we have so precious few leads. How about we hold off on pulling the trigger just yet.

I've been wrong about every single hunch I've had so far, and continue to question my ability to play this game, but the quick to lynch rapid fire on Zander is not cool. It's like you want the day to end right away and get to the juicy night actions of killing Dudesoft.

If there is scum, I am looking to at least one of you, and ask the town (hah!) in your group to cancel that lynch...
Dudesoft
author=psy_wombats
@Ratty: he flipped scum. That he flipped town the second time doesn't mean anything if there's a disguise in play. Don't be so quick to exonerate Kloe, especially considering that out of left field move on day 1. She's still might be a jester, but w/e. I'm not taking anything he said or flipped at face value.

@Liberty: My scum team possibilities are at the moment is:
Kloe/IF: for obvious reasons. Plus it seems like they both just threw in the towel as soon as the double lynch thing was floated. I would be disappointed. Kloe offering a good explanation of believing IF would satisfy me but my bet is it's a "hunch" so... welp
Dudesoft/Liberty: I only call this one because of the vote proving thing. It makes sense in the scum-proving-themselves way because you mutually ensure your towniness (or at least, partially). Even if the vote shows up double, that helps me know who's playing honest about their abilities, but not about their alignment, which is what I care about. I discount this team because I think IF was scum, in which case, I can at least think you're town, Liberty. Dudesoft's vote on night one would still have me keep him as a suspect though.
If there's a third living scum, my bet's on SZandex, who was coached to send that package. He's unreadable to me, anyway, and uh
author=SZandex
@psy: I passed the bomb to liberty for the sake of doing it xD.

this has to be about the least confidence-boosting thing I could've asked for.

Keep in mind that's just teams. I'm trying to look for scummate behavior rather than "tells" or whatever, not that it helped much last game.

#lynch SZandex Please tell me who you think is scum and I'll (probably) cancel. If you try to pull some lurker-scum move and vanish, the vote stays.

It's interesting you don't have Piano or Ratty on your list.

Piano and you are both on the fence for me. With Ratty, I'm leaning towards Scum. Even the late Blob thought so.
I won't be letting Kloe off my radar just yet, but she was a big target yesterday and eventually left saying 'I can't play this anymore'. As if all the negativity was affecting her. A scum wouldn't fold her hand because of pressure. More likely a town collapsing under pressure and giving up.

I only hope Kloe will show up again, regardless.
For Zandex, I am less inclined to lean either way. He's(?) been very closed all game, and is new to it, so it could be he's just not used to the constant spew of dialogue.

Anyhow, I am going to nap and then do some quote digging to see if I can compile anything against Ratty, Piano or Psy.
@Dudesoft: I'm on another time zone. That's why I'm inactive. When you're active I'm sleeping.
Dudesoft
That's fine, dude.
Liberty's in Australia, and I'm in Ontario, Canada. We're all over the place, that's why Day Phase is so long. Just post while you can, and maybe give us some insight as to who you think is scum, why and hopefully have some evidence or reasons etc.

Anything helps, we're working on a mostly empty canvas and time is running out, Day-wise.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Then SZandex, post about what's here. Read what's going on and add to it.

@Dudesoft, sorry, I can't really answer your accusation. I didn't think Kloe was scum at the time because I believed scum-team would have vetoed that weird day one action. I didn't think anyone else was scum. SZandex only really showed up to say he was here, and then later to vote. I sent the package to him. Outside of mafia, I've been spending almost the entirety of my days drawing parallaxes and making sprites for McBacon Jam. Day 2 was well underway, and between the insanity here, and the workload, my brain was, and still is on overload. I sort of regret joining this mafia game when I could be working, actually.

The worst of it is, I still don't know who could be scum. My strongest scum read is on Kloe, but with you seeing her come up town, and after IF's belt armor, I just don't know. Part of that is because I'm not paying as close attention as I ordinarily would.
I thing that kloe and rstty might be scum. Don't know why bit I have that suspiction...
#cancel
@SZandex: Thanks for your thoughts. Please stick around especially for the end of the day. There's a (small) chance that your vote will be necessary to break a scum voting block, in which case, we can't win the game without you. One last question: why didn't you mention the suspicious package yesterday? It would've indicated that piano was lying (or just forgot, as he says).

So about the "arming" theory: piano was being honest when he said his item has no drawbacks, then only chooses to send it last night, to open up Liberty. To avoid suspicion, he claims that it's a hot potato item and that he passed it to an unsuspicious scum partner. I don't like this as much because SZandex had no attention on him until now and putting a partner in danger is not something I'd think scum-piano would be likely to do.

@Ratty: Don't get trigger happy. That was very explicitly a "show up and start talking" vote and not an invitation for a hammer. Who do you think is scum? Without my voting for them first. You mentioned you thought Kloe was clear because IF "flipped town," would be interested in elaboration.

@Dudesoft: I played scum with Ratty a game or two ago and he went super erratic when Kloe (other scum) was cornered. Like he almost died because he backed her up so much, even when I was yelling at him to bail when it was clear she was toast. Unless he took the complete wrong lesson from the whole thing and "double down on defense when my team is under pressure," I don't know what scum-Ratty was playing with IF. It'd be the same mistake, again, but even bigger. It doesn't at all clear him, but but it's kept him lower on my radar than it normally would.

I'm still on Kloe. Scum are just as capable of crumbling under pressure. Last game Marrend got himself modkilled when suspicion was on him and ratty browbeat sooz pretty excessively.
Actually, the fact that scum haven't jumped on a Kloe bandwagon is pretty damning evidence that she /is/ scum, especially if Liberty's being honest about her two votes.
#lynch Kloe
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Current vote counts

3 votes for Kloe (Liberty, psy_wombats, ???)
1 vote for SZandex (Ratty524)
1 vote for pianotm (SZandex)

With 7 players alive, it takes 4 votes to hammer.

Approximately 30.5 hours remain in the day phase.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
@psy: I still suspect SZandex because of his posts. He's coming across to me as flip-floppy and the lack of reasons for his accusations gives me a read of noob scum.

I GUESS it doesn't rule out the possibility that he's town. It's just my hunch really as I remember being as quiet and not very elaborate as he was when I played my first Mafia in the Phoenix Wright game.

author=psy_wombats
I'm still on Kloe. Scum are just as capable of crumbling under pressure. Last game Marrend got himself modkilled when suspicion was on him and ratty browbeat sooz pretty excessively.

It's worth noting that mafia caving under pressure or reacting strongly to accusations in a seemingly personal manner isn't new. In the Kloe Murder Mafia I was in, Piano came down hard on Crystal-Mint, and Crystal sounded legitimately offended. Crystal-Mint was also scum that game.

In fact... I just don't know. I'm not ENTIRELY sure Kloe would fall under the same category (though she is capable at pushing people's buttons), but I'm starting to think it's a safe bet to switch to Kloe.

#cancel
#lynch Kloe
#cancel, #lynch kloe. I won't be able to connect until 8-9 am. (My current time is 20:40) this is my last vote in this day
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Ratty's vote is hammer. SZandex's change of vote is after hammer and doesn't count.

End posting for today.
LockeZ
End Day 3

Final vote counts

4 votes for Kloe (Liberty, psy_wombats, Ratty524, ???)
1 vote for pianotm (SZandex)

------

Kloe seems adamant in her conviction. "We have to save Cocoon! It's what the vision told us! We're its saviors, not its destroyers!"

The rest of the party is unconvinced. "How can you be sure!? It was so vague! Just flashes of black-and-white images!"

Kloe stomps her foot and makes a scrunched-up face. "InfectionFiles told us! Just before he turned into crystal, he said to save Cocoon! That means it was his Focus to tell us those instructions!"

"You sound way too sure. No one should be that sure of anything unless they're being fed information from the fal'Cie," protests Liberty.

"We don't know why he turned to crystal after he died. Maybe you disguised him as a crystal, and have been stringing us along with lies," protests psy_wombats.

"I didn't even see InfectionFiles turn into crystal, I'm pretty sure we just threw him off a cliff in a completely different video game," protests Ratty524.

"Yeah, what they said," reads a mysterious subtitle with no voice acting.

Overpowering Kloe, the party holds her down and draws the rest of her l'Cie brand on the back of her hand with a sharpie, causing her curse to complete. She breathes her last breath, but instead of turning into a monster as they expected, she turns into a crystal herself as well.

Kloe was town!

------

Players who have earned enough experience points to gain a level will receive a message informing them about their new ability.

Please mail your night actions to me within the next 24 hours. If you don't plan to use an action, send me a message saying so. Day 4 will begin after all night actions have been submitted. No talking in this thread until the day phase begins.
LockeZ
Outside a large stadium, people are screaming as they run past. In the distance, you can all see buildings collapsing as they are struck by blasts coming from an unknown source.

A red energy missile flies over Liberty's head and strikes the stadium behind her, creating a deafening explosion. Debris flies through the air and covers Dudesoft as a stone pillar collapses and nearly falls on him. He falls to the ground as the road begins to shake violently from the shockwaves, and another large piece of rubble falls behind him, crushing Dudesoft and killing him.

Dudesoft was town.

SZandex appears above pianotm, wearing a red trenchcoat and sunglasses and reaches out with a gloved hand. He says, 'I was waiting for you.' He pulls pianotm to his feet, only to impale him with a sword in the process.

pianotm was scum.

Dozens of people are fleeing on foot down a stretch of highway, screaming madly. They are all running towards the stadium you came from, indicating that something far worse than collapsing buildings is likely ahead.

However, suddenly, time freezes, and the world goes silent. The fleeing civilians are frozen in mid-air. You find yourself still able to move, and realize that there's a small boy in a hood facing you who also isn't frozen.

'It begins,' says the boy. 'Don't cry.'

With a white flash of light, time starts again, and the boy is gone.

SZandex points at the sky, where a giant globe of water larger than any skyscraper is rising into the air above the city. He stares at the globe and says, "We called it Sin."

As he speaks, huge carapaced monsters with dozens of tentacles are fired out of the sphere of water like missiles, striking buildings and roads. As they crash into the city, they open up and each release dozens of smaller creatures from within their bodies. Many of the smaller creatures, which have an insect-like appearance, land on the road directly in front of you and immediately begin to swarm towards you.

Liberty and SZandex suddenly realize that Ratty524 and psy_wombats have vanished, and are nowhere to be seen. Fleeing the sunspawn, they tumble forward as the road beneath you begins to collapse as well. SZandex races forward across the falling highway, leaping up to an undamaged section. However, there is no way for Liberty to make the leap.

SZandex looks down at Liberty as the road she stands on falls into the abyss. Above him, in the sky, the sphere of water has formed into a massive, city-sized monstrosity, a flying monster that is clearly the source of all the destruction throughout the city of Zanarkand. At the monster's center are Ratty524 and psy_wombats, controlling the massive apocalyptic creature known as Sin.

The creature in the sky opens its maw, and the falling pieces of the road begin to defy gravity and float upwards into the sky. Huge amounts of wreckage and corpses are sucked into the creature's massive, gaping maw. Liberty tries to flee, but it's too late. She is lifted off her feet and pulled skyward to her doom, screaming.

SZandex looks up at the monstrosity and seems to ask it a question, but he is too far away for Liberty to hear. He looks back to her wordlessly as he rises into the air as well and vanishes helplessly into the jaws of the apocalypse.

Game over. Scum wins.

Liberty was town.
SZandex was town.
Ratty524 was scum.
psy_wombats was scum.

Scum chat is here.

Dead chat is here.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
What the hell was SZandex's power?

Mine, by the way, was that I could summon an aeon every night to prevent NK.
Fucking hell! I was getting scum vibes off ratty and sent him the package with the hopes of Dudes blocking him for death tonight. Man... a three-man scum team, too. Welp!

Well played scum!