FINAL FANTASY MAFIA (GAME OVER)

Well this was a lot of fun, if weighted a bit towards scum. 12 players 3 scum is like 80% scum winrate with blind lynches and no true power roles. I'm not sure /every/ town having a power actually helps counteract that because scum has powers as well, can cooperate a lot more easily, and aren't firing wildly at each other.

Best moment for me this game was IF flipping scum, knew it could only devolve into comedy after that. Too bad the double lynch didn't work out. I thought that would've gotten piano killed immediately for suggesting it.
@IF, well, you convinced at least one person. Keep in mind at that point that half the players are "unconvinceable" by default, either because they're scum or Liberty.
Yeah, the moment piano was proven to have lied about his item I was on to him, I just figured it was a Kloe/piano team. Then when Ratty hammered that vote, I was like "Well, Kloe's not the scum so must be piano/Ratty!"

Too little, too late unfortunately.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
I'm happy for you psy :D and piano and ratty! good game brother in mcbacon jam arms.
author=psy_wombats
@IF, well, you convinced at least one person. Keep in mind at that point that half the players are "unconvinceable" by default, either because they're scum or Liberty.

Yeah... I can be a little too dogmatic, I'll give you all that. If I feel like I've got a bone I ain't gonna let it go. It's won games before but it's lost games too. Just gotta shrug and go with it. XD

Maybe next time I'll be wishy-washy instead. Change things up a bit. XD
InfectionFiles
author=psy_wombats
It doesn't help when all the really active players are mafia lol XD
That's been my worse fear for awhile and had I been in a better state of mind I would have combated it more. Plus I got almost no love besides Kloe.
I was actually tossing and turning all night about placing that double-vote down, but I'd hoped that in the morning I'd be able to cancel (I'd turned off my computer so I wasn't going to turn it back on just to cancel a vote).

If I'd seen LockeZ post a vote update I would have cancelled right after, but alas, was not to be.

Ah well, Mafia has to win sometimes~ ;p

Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=Liberty
Ah well, Mafia has to win sometimes~ ;p

Mafia has won around 4/5 games this past year or so. They actually need to lose more!
Yeah, actually I hope the scumteam was random, some really good teammates. After we got rid of cave I actually didn't ever feel in danger this game, nowhere near like the ultima one. Dudesoft playing the first two days like he did the last one would've been scary though.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
author=InfectionFiles
author=Liberty
Yeah, it was, because you didn't tell anyone before time that your power had that drawback. If you'd actually -said- something before you got lynched like "Oh, hey guys, I'll probably show up as mafia because my item saves my ass but shows me as mafia" people would have been a lot more likely not to lynch you. So, yeah, that's on you bud.
It really isn't though. so just stop on that. Y'all wouldn't have believed me. it's only the hindsight that has given you 20/20

I absolutely would have stopped the lynch on you from happening d1. I have an established policy that I generally don't kill miller claims d1, and everyone would have been a lot more willing to believe it had it not come after the deathproof was used.
Also, it's generally accepted that town millers should claim their status day 1 so cops don't waste investigations on them.

You dropped the ball bigtime and spent the rest of your time alive doing nothing so, yeah, the two days being wasted on you, were because you were wasting the days.

town still could have pulled it back after that, but, alas, they did not. I was shocked that liberty wasn't scum after that lynch kloe+if at the same time stuff. oh well. i knew the scum was between liberty/ratty/piano/psy, SOMEWHERE.

3 scum was too many but it probably wouldn't have mattered since town never lynched anyone successfully.

people should examine kloe's behavior this game. I was really surprised that anyone thought she was scum (I mean, I thought liberty was scum for the entire game and she ended up not being, but, like, whatever~)
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
75% town and 25% scum means you can mislynch half the time and still win. Any more than that feels too pro-town to me.

SZandex's item was the best item in the game, but someone set him up the bomb so he never got to use it. That didn't help.

Town also had three doctors, one of whom was bulletproof. Not that it mattered very much as long as psy_wombats was alive and no one was blocking him. Gourd was convinced his power was useless but it was totally the anti-psy power.
InfectionFiles
ahh, it's nice to know CAVE isn't invincible

anyways, scum lead this game beautifully so I have no regrets.
InfectionFiles
author=LockeZ
75% town and 25% scum means you can mislynch half the time and still win. Any more than that feels too pro-town to me.

SZandex's item was the best item in the game, but someone set him up the bomb so he never got to use it. That didn't help.

Town also had three doctors, one of whom was bulletproof. Not that it mattered very much as long as psy_wombats was alive and no one was blocking him. Gourd was convinced his power was useless but it was totally the anti-psy power.
I thought my role claim on that was enough. Guess I was wrong
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
It's not necessarily just the numbers. The power combinations and stuff, like two townies dying at once, and a vig. I stand by that if your game can end on d3/n3, then there are probably too many life-ending powers.

and speaking of too many powers

More than half the players used something on you tonight, Cavedog! You were protected, your protection was stolen, you were given a double power lynch, your actions were made nonlethal, your actions were blocked, nonlethal actions against you were blocked (cancelling out everything above), and finally you were murdered. What an honor!

what is this!!! why!!!
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=InfectionFiles
ahh, it's nice to know CAVE isn't invincible

anyways, scum lead this game beautifully so I have no regrets.

in most games i am vulnerable to night kills, yes

InfectionFiles
Polka Polka - Prevent any lethal items or abilities used tonight by a player from being deadly. After using this on a certain player once, you cannot use it again on the same target the following night.

this ability feels pretty broken btw. maybe less so when there are 2 other doctors that could potentially block things but after a certain point you can just, solo the entire scumteam with this
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
28 power roles in a 12 player game is exactly the right number. No regrets.
InfectionFiles
I mean, shit. sorry if I fucked up y'all in your eyes but you get why I didn't want to openly announce all my powers when I figured saying I could stop NIGHT KILLS, right? especially in a game where literally everyone had a power and an item. it shouldn't have been that hard to believe considering I got killed and came back. Like I feel mafia would never have such a broken setup for one player.

The most massive overlook was that someone was lying about being able to prevent X in a game like this.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
you didn't really need to announce your powers. i was actually confused as to why you brought them up. the only thing that would have been beneficial for town to know would just be "hey im a miller btw" so that it doesn't come up after a. the cop investigates you or b. the mod writes your name in red letters

the constant obsession with murdering kloe was more damaging to town's cause tho

e: cant believe i got killed cause of dumbass earthbound police cars
InfectionFiles
I claimed because I was in danger of being hammered or even majority lynch probably because of you lol
LockeZ
Polka Polka didn't stop scum's night kill, only abilities and items. It could've prevented Ratty's crossbow.