FINAL FANTASY MAFIA (GAME OVER)

CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
you had like three votes on you and momentum was moving towards blob

generally it's not really beneficial to claim until you're at -1 votes

if someone hammers you then before you can fullclaim (like piano) its because they're an agent of darkness

e:the nightkill doesn't count as an ability? that makes it a lot less powerful then, although I definitely would not have assumed that if I had gotten that power
I'm glad that in the three days it took to end this, all of the daykills were either IF or Kloe.

about the "miller" thing IF, we were actually worried a bit in scumchat that you'd be able to turn the tables on day 2 by scumhunting: you'd know that anyone who seemed to know that you were town had to be actual scum. Think you could've done some damage haha, especially if you had left something like a suspect list

I'm curious how SZandex knew piano was scum on the last night, he would've been the safest of us I think as he didn't have to join in the Kloe hammering. Or maybe he just picked at random w/e
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Liberty
psy_wombats
@IF, well, you convinced at least one person. Keep in mind at that point that half the players are "unconvinceable" by default, either because they're scum or Liberty.
Yeah... I can be a little too dogmatic, I'll give you all that. If I feel like I've got a bone I ain't gonna let it go. It's won games before but it's lost games too. Just gotta shrug and go with it. XD

Maybe next time I'll be wishy-washy instead. Change things up a bit. XD

I actually, honest to goodness, forgot. I told the absolute truth about forgetting and why I forgot. My mind was completely somewhere other than the game.

EDIT: Actually, I'm really surprised I was the first to notice that we could hammer Kloe and clench the game with our night actions.

EDIT 2: Cave! Honestly and truly, we didn't want to kill you day 1! You're the most interesting player, but we didn't want to take the chance your roleclaim was real!

EDIT 3: And I quoted the wrong comment. I...CAN'T...BRAIN!!!
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Wow, well played. I didn't start eyeballing the targets until it was too late. Christ.
Great play. It's really sad.
Kloe's actions day 1 really threw me through a loop, and IF's reaction to the targetting was so weak that it almost seemed too easy.
Apparently it was. Played us like fiddle sticks.
pianotm
Yeah, IF, when you're about to get lynched and you have an item like that, your only play is to warn the thread that your item will make you look scum.
The reason I was so dogmatic about Kloe was because, well, she was so adamant that she -knew- IF was innocent. You can't just claim to know that kind of thing in a game, especially when that person actually flipped mafia already. That's just asking for people to question your alignment. Well, that and how dramatic she was with the whole "He betrayed me/no he's innocent" thing. And then she just jumped on me with no reason, which was just crazy. At least if you're going after someone have a reason for it. >.<;

It read to me as newbie scum play.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
author=pianotm
Yeah, IF, when you're about to get lynched and you have an item like that, your only play is to warn the thread that your item will make you look scum.
Day 2 life would still be a broken item for scum, people should have known that.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
author=Liberty
The reason I was so dogmatic about Kloe was because, well, she was so adamant that she -knew- IF was innocent. You can't just claim to know that kind of thing in a game, especially when that person actually flipped mafia already. That's just asking for people to question your alignment. Well, that and how dramatic she was with the whole "He betrayed me/no he's innocent" thing. And then she just jumped on me with no reason, which was just crazy. At least if you're going after someone have a reason for it. >.<;

it's more like you should have enough sense to know scum would never do that. even the most infantile
Day 2 would have been different because we would have actually gone "Well, he did say it was going to roll him as mafia, so let's look at other possibles just in case he's not lying about that" and maybe have gone for Kloe or someone else.

Instead we were stuck on you because you claimed the item after (thus looking like scum desperate to get off) instead of before (possible scum, but also possible town - giving us some reasonable doubt to work with), and that made a huge difference in how you were viewed.

author=InfectionFiles
author=Liberty

it's more like you should have enough sense to know scum would never do that. even the most infantile

I have enough sense to know that mafia would totally do that if they thought it could get them off, or if they were trying to throw someone under the bus to save someone else from suspicion.

It does depend who you are playing against, but even newbie scum can rationalise such a play with the idea that "Obviously scum would NEVER do that so they can't be scum!!!"

Never ever underestimate what scum will do - that'll get you killed. Of course, sometimes overestimating can get you killed as well.

Doesn't help that I've not played many games against Kloe and I don't read up on old games to see how people play. I ain't part of that life, yo! If I've played against them in the past, fair enough (but even then, people change their play styles so it's not definitive proof), but if I haven't so be it.
pianotm
InfectionFiles
pianotm
Day 2 life would still be a broken item for scum, people should have known that.

No. If you made your claim day one, you would legitimately have gotten the benefit of the doubt from a bit more than Kloe. Even if I wasn't scum, I would have been looking at that belt armor. Even without you revealing it to us, had I been town, I would have been suspicious of that town flip. It reeked of moderator misdirection. As scum, I already knew, but still...

EDIT: Liberty is Bananinja Queen.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
scum having a one-shot lynchproof or deathproof or w/e isn't unheard of. one that revealed their alignment wouldn't really be that great

anyway I don't think that anyone is disputing that town handled d2 poorly, but the 100x posts stating "i hope town loses nyahahahahha fuck yall I did everything right" were really hard to read.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
I think the fact that people rarely cast suspicion on me was a huge step forward in my playing abilities <3
Holy shit xD. We have been all fooled (town)
At leats isn't too bad for my first mafia game ^^
Blobofgoo
Legs are a burden. Return to snek.
Wow. There were a lot of prevention abilities.
author=LockeZ
Gourd was convinced his power was useless but it was totally the anti-psy power.

Ahhhh, alright, I see where you were coming from with that power now.
But, yeah, town handled day 2 really poorly. >.< IF probably should've claimed miller before the fact and not mocked town so much, but town alllso probably shouldn't have tried murdering two people on the same day and been a little less excited about murdering Kloe. Our bad. ;w;

Let's get a town win next game, guys~ (Or a really good mafia win. Hehehe...)

Edit: Oops still in mafia double post mode. O.O
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Wow, just caught up reading all the chats.
So, I solved the problem too late, then lost the game for town. Whoop whoop. Like a fraudulent boss.