[RMVX ACE] WHAT CAN CAUSE CHARACTERS TO WALK THROUGH WALLS

Pages: 1
i have already checked tilesets and there is nothing there. could be system incompatibility(i am using Windows 10) or a line of code that is wrong. please help me out.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
Did you set your characters to "through" in an event and accidently leave it on?
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Ratty524
Did you set your characters to "through" in an event and accidently leave it on?

Yeah, set up a parallel process and create a move event that uses the command, "through OFF". If that solves the problem, it means you've got an errant through ON command somewhere you have to find.
This happened to me before. Go to the tilesets section in the database, then select the tileset you're using and select the tab with the letter B. Then make sure that the upperleft tile at the top has a star, if it hasn't, then click on the tile until a star appears.

That's usually what causes the characters to walk through walls.
i have no such events and the tile is listed With an x.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Then make it a star. That's more than likely what it is.

On the tileset you're using and having the problem with go to the B tab and make sure the first tile or the upper most left corner tile is a star.
From Shaz on a different board, the best explanation I can find:

"The top left tile in the B tileset is the 'erase' tile or the 'default' tile when no other B-E tile is used. You should NEVER put a sprite on it (and in fact, if you do, it won't show up anyway).
If you put B-E tiles down and you decide you don't want them anymore, there's no way to ERASE them. Instead, you use that tile and draw over the unwanted ones.
The star is an indication that the A passability should be used instead.
So if you change it to X, you'll hardly be able to move at all. And if you change it to O, you'll be able to go almost anywhere."
It could be that what you're using for a wall is not really considered a wall by the program. I've seen that happen with other tiles - like where people use roofs for floors and suddenly can't move on them. Do you have a screenshot of some of your walls?
i can not create a screen shot in Windows 10 as Paint have been removed and no other program is uncluded to replace it. it does look like a wall however.
Pages: 1