[RMVX ACE] [SCRIPTING] NEED HELP ADDING PARAMS/VARIABLES TO MAIN MENU... AND POSSIBLY SAVING SPACE.

Pages: 1
Been banging my head into a wall trying to figure this out, and after working on this for over an hour and some change, I'm realizing that I'm no closer to a solution than where I began.

What I'm trying to do: Add some parameters or possibly my own variables to the main menu screen.

As a bonus: Trying to remove all of this dead space from this menu, considering the player's party will only consist of one actor. This isn't necessary, but would also be el

What I've done already: I've added Yanfly's menu script so I could get in a menu option leading to a common event (Quests, in the picture). I've also removed lines such as Equipment, skills and status. I've been googling for the last hour trying to find a solution, and keep coming upon unhelpful topics elsewhere ("hey guys I need help", followed by, "nvm ty", or a link to a site that's offline). Oh, and one of these old topics even linked me to a site that provided a helpful solution... in the form of malware. Wonderful.

Here's a picture of what I'm trying to do, so you can get an idea.

Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
It's been a while since I've tried to do a major hack on the main menu, but this blog displays the result I was looking for, more or less. Anyway, I think the gold window might be it's own class? I forget, but, I'm sure I can figure out how to move it.

As for displaying ATK and DEF (among other variables) in the party-side, it might help to know what variables you're looking to display?

*Edit: I think the hack to make in regards to the gold window might look something like...

class Scene_Menu < Scene_MenuBase
  def create_gold_window
    @gold_window = Window_Gold.new
    @gold_window.x = 0
    @gold_window.y = @command_window.height
  end
end

...this.

*Edit2: Well, I can make ATK and DEF show up. Have a screenshot to see if this is even close to what you want.

That looks amazing! That is exactly what I'd be looking for. The only thing I'd do is take off the level and class, but when I look through the engine's scripts on my own, it doesn't seem to make sense to me.

I'd totally be happy with that!
Marrend
Thanks, Gredge! Though, we could remove the level and class, if you like. I've re-uploaded the image in my locker as what it might look like. However, let's re-post it anyway.

You might need to perform a a hard refresh to update correctly. Also, you might notice that I threw in a few status conditions as well to showcase where they might go, if relevant to your game.

Anyway, the way I did that looks something like...

class Window_MenuStatus < Window_Selectable
  def window_height
    #Graphics.height
    line_height * 5
  end
end

class Window_Base < Window
  def draw_actor_simple_status(actor, x, y)
    draw_actor_name(actor, x, y)
    #draw_actor_level(actor, x, y + line_height * 1)
    #draw_actor_class(actor, x + 120, y)
    draw_actor_hp(actor, x + 120, y)
    draw_actor_stats(actor, x, y + line_height * 1, 2)
    draw_actor_stats(actor, x + 120, y + line_height * 1, 3)
    #draw_actor_mp(actor, x + 120, y + line_height * 2)
    draw_actor_icons(actor, x, y + line_height * 2)
  end

def draw_actor_stats(actor, x, y, param_id)
    change_color(system_color)
    draw_text(x, y, 120, line_height, Vocab::param(param_id))
    change_color(normal_color)
    draw_text(x + 30, y, 36, line_height, actor.param(param_id), 2)
  end
end

...this.
This is perfect. It works like a charm!

Thank you so much! It also aided me in learning a bit about scripting, as I studied and experimented with what those functions did.
Marrend
Happy to be of help!
Pages: 1