MONSTER WORLD MADNESS!!

Pages: 1
Hello everyone! I am here today to reveal 4 new games coming out this year for the 30th anniversary of the legendary Wonderboy/Monster World franchise. Several fans(including myself) and the creator; Ryuichi Nishizawa have been working on projects to celebrate. Here are the 4 games coming out this year.

Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom.

This is the newest entry in the series being released later this year for PS4 I believe. It is the sequel to Monster World 2: The Dragon's trap. Speaking of which...

Monster World 2: The Dragon's Trap Remake.

With HD artwork similar to Monster Boy, this is a full-blown remake of one of the classic Master System games. This is Ryuichi's favorite as he has claimed.

Monster World RPG.

For all who love Non-action based RPGs, this game is for you. It takes everything about the Wonder Boy games and blends it into one, massive RPG. Demos are out now and I've been contacting the creators to release the game here as well. They will once it is complete.

Monster World Legends

This one here is mine. Its on this website exclusively, but I may branch it out at a later time. This one blends everything in the Wonder Boy franchise into a 2D tribute with several playable characters, worlds, and more. Here is the latest demonstration video and there will be another game release later in the year.

I hope you enjoyed and I encourage you to play the Wonder Boy games if you haven't already. Monster World 3 is my favorite, but Monster World 4 is also a masterpiece. See you all again and have a blessed day!
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
I have heard a lot about Monster World (esp 3 and 4), but I don't know if I've ever played one myself.
author=Hexatona
I have heard a lot about Monster World (esp 3 and 4), but I don't know if I've ever played one myself.

Monster World 3 is more adventurous, but if you want a more linear and fun experience, 4 is the way to go. If you love classic 2D RPGs, these will be some of the best you'll find.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
Oh my god, a remake of the Dragon's Trap? I am so down for that.

I've missed the Wonderboy series and games like it. I may be one of the few people who liked Monster World 4, despite it having some LONG dungeons and departing from the conventions of the series a bit.
author=Ratty524
Oh my god, a remake of the Dragon's Trap? I am so down for that.

I've missed the Wonderboy series and games like it. I may be one of the few people who liked Monster World 4, despite it having some LONG dungeons and departing from the conventions of the series a bit.

Well said. The dungeons were very lengthy due to only having 4 worlds. I enjoyed the Volcano and Aegis Island(The sky area). The only dungeon I hated with a passion is the Ice Pyramid.

If you are interested in games like this, check this one out. Its called Fortune Summoners. Its a fairly complex 2D RPG and should not be missed if you are looking for a decent game.
Here seems like a good place to mention that SEGA Vintage Collection: Monster World is currently on sale on PSN. I believe this collection includes Wonder Boy in Moster World, Monster World 3, and Monster World 4. The Vintage Collections, from what I've seen of them, are extremely high quality ports.

e: Whoops, Monster World 3 is NOT part of that. It's Wonder Boy in Monster Land instead.
Also, yeah, these ports are by M2, so it's pretty top-notch in terms of accuracy and options regarding controls and screen adjustments etc. Plus, replays and a sound test!
author=turkeyDawg
Here seems like a good place to mention that SEGA Vintage Collection: Monster World is currently on sale on PSN. I believe this collection includes Wonder Boy in Moster World, Monster World 3, and Monster World 4. The Vintage Collections, from what I've seen of them, are extremely high quality ports.

e: Whoops, Monster World 3 is NOT part of that. It's Wonder Boy in Monster Land instead.
Also, yeah, these ports are by M2, so it's pretty top-notch in terms of accuracy and options regarding controls and screen adjustments etc. Plus, replays and a sound test!

Excellent Idea! I've seen the collection and plan on purchasing. It is only $10 I believe. You will get a collection of awesome games that adds new features as well. For all PlayStation 3 and XBox owners, I encourage you to buy it!

Pages: 1