FINAL FANTASY XII ZODIAC AGE TRAILER ~

Pages: first prev 12 last
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
In One Moment of Greatness, Balthier and Larsa get a lot of interactions together.

Just sayin.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Pizza
Hopefully they make a PC version. Console exclusivity is bullshit for PS4/XBone games IMO.

^^^^^

LockeZ
If this is a sequel starring Balthier and Larsa I'm excited. Otherwise gtfo.

pls

i'll get it when it's on steam for $8 or something. i've already played it one and a half times, and while zodiac improves a LOT of the gameplay issues, the actual zodiac system itself is pretty obnoxiously put-together.
If they ever do make a PC version of FF1 my secret dream edition is the PS1 port of the remake (or was it a remake of the Wonderswam remake?). Leave in Vancian casting and the slower exp gains of enemies but with all the bug fixes and none of the shitty PS1 load times. Then add one of those cheat menus they added in the PS4 port of FF7 where you can give EXP/gold multipliers, turn off random encounters, and more. Then finally add a way to change the look of the game back to the NES like some of the adventure game remastered remakes. It wouldn't be a 1:1 remake due to things like new cutscenes and changes in how the inventory works for example, just enough to make it feel like a NES game.

se plz make it happen, I don't mind if ff2 has to rot in a garbage can to make it happen
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
You know, you just reminded me about why I like Bravely Default so much. I love it because it lets me optimize my leveling. That's half of why I love the Disgaea games. Half the game is trying to find out how to level the most people as quickly as possible.

And with BD, I leveled my guys to like level 70 before you even get to the earth crystal. I didn't even notice, to be honest. I have never EVER levelled a character to max levels before without cheating. The game put so much in your hands...

Like Disgaea DS's cheat shop. I feel like every JRPG could use some high level controls like that.

Sneaking past all the enemies in the last dungeon of a Tales of Game is painful beyond words because they're always ENORMOUS and CONFUSING and filled with BULLSHIT PUZZLES. The last dungeon of a tales of game is like all of Xenosaga 2. At least in tales games, you can avoid battles...
author=Crystalgate
Does this version fix the problem that only one spell can be used at a time? This was by far the worst part of Final Fantasy XII. If it does, I'll probably get it and otherwise I can't imagine getting it.

It wasn't all spells--only the big ones probably because they were worried they couldn't draw enough things on screen. It was in the IZJS version and I assume they won't modify most of the code, so it'll probably still be in the remaster. Hopefully this is something that's easily modded when it's ported to PC.

I love FF12 a lot and my most recent replay was with the IZJS version. It's a great enhancement and I like the job system in premise, but it's sloppy in practice. So, I hope that the data is easily accessible, including spells and techniks, so that we can mod in a more interesting implementation of it.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I think we've had enough versions and ports of FF1. It's an absolutely terrible game and it's on every system known to mankind. None of the NES Final Fantasy games need to be remade or ported anywhere, they need to be abandoned to rot. Square Enix needs to make new RPGs instead, something they've forgotten how to do.
Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
Porting the old games that haven't seen the light of day in a while is never a bad idea, but LockeZ is pretty spot on about Square Enix forgetting how to make an RPG. FF13 (and twelve kinda...) was pushing it, but past then I've felt completely alienated from the series in the new installments.

If the most they can do still is make pretty MMO games with FF-flavor, they'd best just keep on milking their already existing great work.
I'm with LockeZ on Square Enix needing to make new IPs. Remember when they were super innovative with that? Parasite Eve, Xenogears, Brave Fencer Mushashi, Vagrant Story, Front Mission, the list goes on. Now it's all about Final Fantasy.

However, if they are going to explore old FF titles (namely FFI-VI), they should just fully and completely remake them rather than constantly port them over and over. You could easily slap a PSP level production on any pre FFVII game and have it see a ton of money.
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
Anything creative coming out of SE these days has been farmed out to other companies. They were happy accidents.
no, ff1 has been remade a shitload of times but never to the scale of FF3 or FF4. I think its totally worthy of an even grander remake. Taking part of the BD team and make the definite FF1 remake. THEN port it again to a fuckload of consoles.
SQUARE ENIX
YOU WILL HAVE MY MONEY

AND ONLY MY MONEY

YOU WILL STILL HAVE MY MONEY NEVERTHELESS

if they wanna explore old franchises, let them. I'm really not bothered anymore. I mean so many cool indie devs and shit. If I want a cool new IP i'll just go and make it myself. :V
so ff1 just needs 3D graphics?
a strong, beautiful art direction that brings back to the series roots' all the amazing talent it has stemmed and developed, and polishes it to mirror the level of finesse the later games managed to have, while maintaining the same structure.

because it never got a remake. All it got was remastered graphics with easy modes. I mean a reinvented battle system that had the same design goals as the first game tackled in a skillful way, a hearty art direction that made the places a delight to explore, a masterful composition that made the game a beauty to listen (although the ps1 release managed that), thats it. I think if there's one game deserving of a worthy remake, it is the one that spanned it all. And I'm not even a fan of FF1.
FF1 already has a definitive version in Final Fantasy Origins (PSX). It's a great game and LockeZ is a twat.
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
If I had the choice between one and two getting masterful remakes, and a brand new game, I'd pick the brand new game (or GASPE, a new IP) any goddamned day of the week.

Actually - hold on - you know what you should play? The english patch versions of SaGa 2 and 3 - they made them for the DS and they're pretty much exactly what you're looking for - beautiful FF3esque remakes of old "final fantasy" games (I saw "final fantasy" because technically they were billed as such in the states). Stellar graphics, updated gameplay, improved story. Just damned glorious.
author=JosephSeraph
a strong, beautiful art direction that brings back to the series roots' all the amazing talent it has stemmed and developed, and polishes it to mirror the level of finesse the later games managed to have, while maintaining the same structure.

because it never got a remake. All it got was remastered graphics with easy modes. I mean a reinvented battle system that had the same design goals as the first game tackled in a skillful way, a hearty art direction that made the places a delight to explore, a masterful composition that made the game a beauty to listen (although the ps1 release managed that), thats it. I think if there's one game deserving of a worthy remake, it is the one that spanned it all. And I'm not even a fan of FF1.

I mean, yeah, I agree with this. People...don't?

I don't mind the definitive PSX edition of FF1, sure, but if it was between that and it's 5+ re-releases and what JosephSeraph is proposing? Uh yeah, the latter wins every time.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
I will not be buying this.

But that's because I will wait for the PC port. STOKED.
Oh, Hexatona, I've played both! They're fantastic! I'm so glad those SaGas were a thing! <3
And yeah Jude but FFO isn't a remake. It's a remaster. It's literally the exact same game with graphical changes.
A remake goes beyond that and reimagines things. That's what I say FF1 deserves. It deserves chocobos, tonberries and moogles, it deserves beautiful and rich locations filled with lore, a story with engaging characters even if it is structurally the same, it deserves to receive back from the series what it allowed the series to develop. ;v;

but welp. FF2 on the other hand, as an amazing game as it is, deserves another treatment entirely. (although a creative reimagination of the game system by master Kawazu himself would be definitely intelligent.)

i'm glad Felds agrees! xD
I'm pretty sure they didnt take the exact nes code and just "tightened up the graphics". Besides it really isn't the exact same game as there's unlearnable magic, easy mode added, script rewritten, added cgi cutcenes, new interiors to shops, redone item system, HP of the bosses changed, UI changes, all bugs that were in NES non existant (some of these bugs are literal game mechanics not working), and that's not even going into the GBA version which is even less of a "remaster/port" (although it's a port of remake?).

If it's made from the ground up at all in a development sense: it's probably a remake.

author=jospehSeraph
but welp. FF2 on the other hand, as an amazing game as it is, deserves another treatment entirely. (although a creative reimagination of the game system by master Kawazu himself would be definitely intelligent.)

kawazu would just add slot machine mechanics for every stat you want to upgrade and just make everything even more confusing. at best FF2 was just an experiment that led to the rest of the FF series to be defined by it. Personally to me the early FF games are just curiosities best experienced on the original platform with all the flaws in-tact with full context knowing that it was made by a bunch of dudes in some apartment.

I feel like playing a game that's been remade 10 times, not by the original team and probably outsourced, changes made just to cater to a phone interface, and everything completely re-balanced only to be too easy/messy just destroys the point of playing a "classic". The only exception is like, your computer/phone is unable to use an emulator or that the remake/port is actually good on its own.
Pages: first prev 12 last