RMN'S (NEW) FAVOURITE RM GAMES OF ALL TIME THREAD (2016 EDITION)

CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
How will this list be updated if one of us decided to change our list? I'm sure looking through each of our posts to check what scores we gave to which games would be pretty tedious for you.

Yeah it is a minor bit of work, but I'd do that, though. If you just state that you're gonna change your list, I'll note the changes that you've made and adjust the scores likewise.
Haha I made my list, then went to see my 2014 list. Main change is I discovered Merlandese. Otherwise, shame on me for being too old to change my mind on things, I guess.

1. A Blurred Line
2. The Way
3. I Miss The Sunrise
4. Set Discrepancy
5. Last Word
6. To the Moon
7. Star Stealing Prince
8. Leo and Leah
9. Aedemphia
10. Fleuret Blanc

NB: for anyone curious (who'd be, I have no idea), the ordering principle is mainly how much hope a game gave me about the medium when I played it.
I might be asking for too much, but it'd also be interesting to see how many lists a particular game has appeared on.
01. Halloween Bash
02. The Heart Pumps Clay
03. Halloween Flop
04. Quintessence: The Blighted Venom
05. Free Spirits
06. Sunken Spire
07. Do You Remember My Lullaby
08. Sunset Over Imdahl
09. Finding Eden
10. LISA

Honorable Mention: Oh! Ko! and Oneshot
CashmereCat
I've updated all the lists. This is turning out very interesting, indeed. When I get time, I'm probably going to make a quick analysis of this one compared to last time.
author=CashmereCat
How will this list be updated if one of us decided to change our list? I'm sure looking through each of our posts to check what scores we gave to which games would be pretty tedious for you.
Yeah it is a minor bit of work, but I'd do that, though. If you just state that you're gonna change your list, I'll note the changes that you've made and adjust the scores likewise.

Oh cool, I was going to play some more of the classics (as well as finish a lot of recent RM games) before listing a top 10 but I'll just post my top three and work off of that in the future:

1. Exit Fate - What first seems like a Suikoden fangame quickly becomes something special with 75 playable characters, unique battle and magic systems that stay fresh, as well as challenging, throughout the whole game, and enough story twists and clever mechanics that keep the player engaged for the entire 50-70 hour (?!) playtime. I still have no idea how/why this amazing game isn't on RMN because it's easily the finest example of a complete, classic JRPG experience made with the engine. The only real downside is the telltale RPG Maker staple of using music from more famous RPG's. With a unique soundtrack this game would be perfect.
2. To the Moon - To this day, this is still the the only videogame that's ever made me cry. The music is self-composed and truly something special when combined with its sad, bittersweet tale. Curse you "Everything's Alright". Such a well timed song for that particular story moment. One of the finest examples of a story-driven game in general, let alone one made with RM. Combine the music and story with some of the best backgrounds and atmospheric set-pieces and you have one hell of a masterpiece. If you haven't yet played it, I fully endorse it.
3. Lisa: the Painful RPG - A hard-hitting post-apocalyptic Earthbound. This game is BRUTAL, chock full of tough decisions as you run into the murderous and weird inhabitants of a doomed world. The quirky characters and unique setting are also balanced well, surprisingly, with the terrible and dark twists the story takes throughout. Which is something you don't see well done in most video games in general, let alone an RM game. If you haven't tried it yet I fully suggest buying it on Steam.
Why do we still have to limit ourselves to Entrebrain games. I want OHRRPGCE games to be allowed too. >-<

Oh well, as protest, I'll only list the 7 RPG Maker games that were so good that I still remember what I liked about them even now.

1. Alter A.I.L.A. Genesis
2. The Amber Throne
3. Star Stealing Prince
4. Visions & Voices
5. Whisper of a Rose
6. Eternal Eden
7. Miserere
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
You need to make 'RMN'S FAVOURITE OHRRPGCE GAMES OF ALL TIME THREAD' for that.
CashmereCat
Yeah, if we allow OHRPG games, where do we stop? Wolf RPG games? RPGs made with Unity? Game Maker? Custom engines? All games made ever?

I'll update this list after work. Yes, you can make incomplete lists, but I lightly encourage people to include the full list of 10, anyway. There's been some pretty interesting and fun picks so far.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Here comes the 'unity joke' (RMN Classics Collection).
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
has anyone suggested harmonic's game yet
Edit: I have a feeling that there's more to this story than I know about.
author=WIP

yes, but he was warned for it.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=CashmereCat
Yeah, if we allow OHRPG games, where do we stop? Wolf RPG games? RPGs made with Unity? Game Maker? Custom engines? All games made ever?

Well, clearly, games made by unity!

author=Cap_H
Here comes the 'unity joke'

Yep, went there.
author=CashmereCat

I'll update this list after work. Yes, you can make incomplete lists, but I lightly encourage people to include the full list of 10, anyway. There's been some pretty interesting and fun picks so far.

I'd say only allow engines that were specifically made for developing RPGs and no other genres.
author=RyaReisender
I'd say only allow engines that were specifically made for developing RPGs and no other genres.

I wouldn't think that's a good idea to be honest.

If it's like that, then games made in those engines that are not actually RPGs, eg. Corpse Party, Ib, Yume Nikki (all of which were originally made in RPG Maker but are not RPGs) would probably be questionable.

Why don't you just create another thread for this? I would prefer that this thread is specifically for RPG Maker (which btw already has a huge library of great games in itself).
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=CashmereCat

I have the particular sensation that CashmereCat was being sarcastic with this statement? Like, if a game can be found on RMN, or like site, I'm pretty sure it's fair game for this thread. I could also be absolutely wrong about this as well.
CashmereCat
It's only RPG Maker games. If not, I would have a different list (which would include Slash's fantastic It'll Look Great On Your Resume).

Edit: The lists have been updated. We have a new #1.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=kentona
author=WIP
yes, but he was warned for it.

@4:05

But for real, that was my bad.