RMN'S (NEW) FAVOURITE RM GAMES OF ALL TIME THREAD (2016 EDITION)

Pages: first prev 1234 last
Well, I could make a list .. but almost none of them would make it into the listing anyway, haha.

Sometime maybe
Seems like Luxaren Allure is the biggest newcomer.

Too bad nobody else voted for The Amber Throne which is my personal biggest newcomer, but we already realized people here don't like to buy commercial RPG Maker games, so that's no surprise.
1. The Way
2. A Blurred Line
3. Sunset over Imdahl
4. Forever's End Episode 1
5. Kindred Saga
6. Jay's Journey
7. Until My Finest Hour
8. Leo and Leah
9. Nigsek
10. The Book of Three
YAY i'm on the list lel <3 (found this thread while doing not-so-routine google checks on Resonate ironically >_>)

I'll... Try.

1. Paradise Blue
2. Memories of Mana
3. Helen's mysterious Castle
4. I'm Scared of Girls
5. Subterranean Starfield
6. Rose Chronicles
7. Final Fantasy: Blackmoon Prophecy
8. Obelisk Devilkillers
9. Suzy & Freedom
10. Cosplay Crisis

edit:
i said some shit then rmn went all "invalid post" and i'm not gonna bother writing it up again *meditates*
1.- Yume Nikki
2.- Touhou Wandering Souls
3.- Sunset Over Imdahl
4.- Oneshot
5.- Happy Birthday
6.- The Witch's House
7.- Standstill Girl
8.- Leo & Leah
9.- Alter Aila Genesis
10.-Middens

Honorable mentions: Star Stealing Prince, Games from CarrionBlue, I miss the Sunrise and Reconstruction, Ib, OFF, Dhux's Scar, Wither, Space Funeral, World's Dawn and Miserere.
It's hard to say, because i didn't play all the RMaker games. My list have some games from spanish developers, so i know for fact that most of you will never play them or never heard about...xD

1. Chrono Trigger 2 (2008, RM 2003)
2. The Sacred Tears TRUE (2014, RM VXAce) ($)
3. Pokemon: Insurgence
4. Stray Cat Crossing ($)
5. To the Moon ($)
6. Yume Nikki
7. Skyborn ($)
8. Always Sometimes Monsters ($)
9. La leyenda de Heroen
10. Legionwood 2 ($)

Mentions: Velsarbor, La cicatriz de Dhux (Dhux's Scar), Dragon Slayer Gaiden (it's a HUGE demo, but...a demo, sadly), Remnants of Twilight: Age Of Arius (WIP), Americana Dawn (WIP too), Sweet Lily Dreams

pd: i suggest, you op should change the title of this topic, and add (2016) to make easier to find this.
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
List updated. Sorry it took a while!

author=DaniMally
pd: i suggest, you op should change the title of this topic, and add (2016) to make easier to find this.

Great idea. This I have done. Thanks for that.
Sorry to be "that" guy but... I'm pretty sure that the Lieat saga was made in the Wolf engine.
author=JEStaff
Sorry to be "that" guy but... I'm pretty sure that the Lieat saga was made in the Wolf engine.

well, i'll eare it from my list then.
author=Faenon
5. Kindred Saga

Couldn't help but notice this on the list. I have a copy of it and all the maps were last modified in 2001, so I assume that's the release date. It was created by Q-Heretic of GamingGroundZero. It was also for 2k.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
This needs a new edition.
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
It probably does <3
Of the top games, which are most similar to Final Fantasy VI and Chrono Trigger?

In my life I find myself just wanting to play those games over and over again. What's the closest we've ever got to these in the RMN scene?

By 'like these games' I mean:

-Complete
-Story/narrative led, with great dialogue (i.e. not the DQ approach)
-Strong characters and an ensemble cast
-A fantasy or steampunk setting, or at least starting in one

The closest I remember getting to this were The Way and Forever's End (though the latter not complete).

What else would people recommend?
author=Faenon
Of the top games, which are most similar to Final Fantasy VI and Chrono Trigger?

In my life I find myself just wanting to play those games over and over again. What's the closest we've ever got to these in the RMN scene?

By 'like these games' I mean:

-Complete
-Story/narrative led, with great dialogue (i.e. not the DQ approach)
-Strong characters and an ensemble cast
-A fantasy or steampunk setting, or at least starting in one

The closest I remember getting to this were The Way and Forever's End (though the latter not complete).

What else would people recommend?

Uhm

maybe Three the Hard Way

Onyx/Onyx 2/Total Chaos/Complete Chaos (and Vanity but it's not complete)

-Complete (YES)
-Story/narrative led, with great dialogue (i.e. not the DQ approach) (YES, VERY)
-Strong characters and an ensemble cast (YES)
-A fantasy or steampunk setting, or at least starting in one (YES for Three the Hard Way.. more modern-fantasy for the others)
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Theia might be you cup of tea. Turovero, I heard, checks all the boxes too. And many many more. Just check featured games for an almost endless stream of tips.

Btw, I think Weird and Unfortunate Things are Happening would be in top 3 in an updated edition!!!
Pages: first prev 1234 last