JUST DO IT! - ANTI-PROCRASTINATION INITIATIVE

NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
The deadline is the same for everyone and is based on RMN's default time settings. This means at this moment, you have about six and a half hours left before the end of the event.
(I'm in the same boat as you as I still have to finish up my own review before then, by the way. Better get to it.)

In case someone finishes their goal today, but is unable to produce evidence in time, I will give it another day or so until calling the event closed.
Goal 6: Done

battle5.mp3
djp.mp3

Got a lot done over these six weeks. Quite nice.
I still need to iron out some pesky details that refuse to go away but I pretty much achieved my goal.

It may not have been much or anything impressive, but I did more in these past six weeks than I had done in quite some time. I have a clearer idea of the direction I want to take with this game, and the practice helped me getting over a stump. Hopefully I'll get into the gam making habit once more... Or I'll get lazy and forget all about it again, whichever happens first. xD
author=NeverSilent
The deadline is the same for everyone and is based on RMN's default time settings. This means at this moment, you have about six and a half hours left before the end of the event.
(I'm in the same boat as you as I still have to finish up my own review before then, by the way. Better get to it.)

In case someone finishes their goal today, but is unable to produce evidence in time, I will give it another day or so until calling the event closed.

It was a good event.

It looks like I won't be finishing my fifth and final goal, but I did manage to remake all of the graphics into color. I've been creating backgrounds, animations, etc. Everything in color, and I think it looks good. So at least I finished the race with a lot of valuable work!
Internet's finally back wohoo! Here's my proof for finishing my 8th goal: https://rpgmaker.net/games/8991/reviews/5009/

'Twas a delightful and motivating event. Even if it may have ended, I still feel a strong force to stop procrastinating and get things done. Hopefully we'll see another event like this in the future. Thanks for doing this, NeverSilent. You've done a splendid job with this.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Thanks for the kind words, guys. I'm really, really happy this event has been motivating you to do more game development and other creative work, and you all should be proud of your accomplishments. Once the event is officially over, I will post a more detailed retrospective summary, and message our Mighty Site Overlord so that he may grant you your well-deserved achievements.

@alterego:
I know it's nothing unusual for artists or designers to be extremely critical of their own work. But at least I can say that I found the pieces you presented over the course of this event to be very well-made and impressive. I sincerely hope you will find the drive to continue working on your project consistently. Thanks for joining in!

@Gredge109:
I agree. You've been working very hard over the course of this event, and it sounds like you kept doing that, even if you didn't strictly manage to finish your final goal. You'll get the achievement anyway for your previous four completed goals, and I hope you'll keep up the productivity. I'm glad you were here with us!

@Luiishu535:
Fantastic! Motivating people (including myself) to overcome procrastination even after the end of the event is exactly what I had in mind as the best possible outcome. I'm glad it worked so well for you. Thanks a lot for participating! And who knows, after I talk to kentona and hear his opinion, I might just do another installment of this in the future.

Oh, and one more thing:

That's goal number five done. Just in time.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Oh, I wanted to do so much more, but spending a week and a half in the hospital with nothing but my laptop, and a condition that left me mentally exhausted, there was just nothing I could do. When the doctors told me how bad I was, I was surprised I was even able to record those last piano pieces.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
@pianotm:
Which makes the fact that you still managed to complete four goals even more impressive. But your health should be your first priority now, and I'm very glad you seem to be feeling better again. Thanks a lot for participating and pulling through despite everything! Please take good care of yourself.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
@TungerManU:
Nice! That is in fact your fourth completed goal. Congratulations! Just at the last minute, too, but in time nonetheless. Well done, and thanks for taking part in this event!
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Time's up, everybody! The Anti-Procrastination Initiative is over!

If you have completed another goal, but couldn't yet produce proof in time, you'll have another day for that. Tomorrow, I will post a summary of the event.

Thank you all for participating!
That scary force that we call 'real life' took up my time today, so I didn't manage to get to my goal. Aw well (will do it regardless, so that's still worthwhile.)
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
author=Chilly
(will do it regardless, so that's still worthwhile.)

That's the spirit!
When exactly this interesting event are gonna start over again?
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Heyo Rie! Unfortunately, this event has only just ended. I will have to do some recap and talk to the admins before I can decide on anything more. For the record, I would like to start another installment of the Anti-Procrastination Initiative at some point. But I have no idea when that would be, and I'm afraid I won't be able to do it in the immediate near future. Thanks for your interest nonetheless!
Hi too NeverSilent. :)
I'm definitely blind by missing this motivating event.
But one question if you don't mind, just curious, if anyone has no project they're currently working on, then how to set a goal? By reviewing only? Or is it possible to just make something that probably can be used for later project or just for public may be?
Sorry for my narrow cognition--must be too much cigarette and coffee.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
You guessed correctly. Some people created resources to release on the site, others wrote reviews or created Let's Plays, some gave feedback on other games or site events. In general, anything was possible as a goal, as long as it had something to do with game making or creative activities on the site. You can take a look at the list of announced goals in the first post of this thread to get an idea of what people have been working on for this event.
I hope that answers your question.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
One of my goals (the third one?) was to write a script, as I recall.

*Edit: I suppose I had time to do five, maybe six goals for this. I was running of of ideas for goals around Goal 3 or 4, though.

Oh well. I still did stuff!
@NeverSilent :
Thank you for explanation. Yeah I'm already read the first page, and next pages, just to make sure.
I have to admit that what you are trying to do by made this event are a splendid job.
It's look like a simple event, but I'm sure had a quite massive impact for any participant who already take part. You teach many people to become a pro, by kill the laziness and grew their consistency, even for people who didn't realized it. This is some kind of good character building, not just about the game or technical issue, but motivating (with soft approach) are always something good for humanity. You get my respect.

@Marrend :
Congrats Marrend.. :)
Finishing something never end up to nothing.
Hmm.. a scripter? I wish I could have that skill..